• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #928 scans

PhatSaqs

Banned
GreekWolf said:
LO looks amazing! But I'm not ready to pronounce it more impressive than Mass Effect until I see some 720p pics :)

which should be in about.. oh.. two weeks!
It definitley rivals it in stills IMO. We'll see how it holds up in motion :D

Bebpo

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks LO looks really bland? The main guy looks like a fantastic model, and the enemies look like a solid polygon-count boost up from last gen, but other-wise the battle pics looks really ...boring. The color-scheme is dull, the lighting and shader effects seem minimal, and it looks more of a "hey there's 100 guys on-screen" then "hey look how NEXT-GEN our 5-10 guys on-screen are!".

I dunno, could be a great game, but visually I don't find it appealing at all (and I like Slam Dunk). Blue Dragon, if it matches the released screens, looks much better IMO as does Trusty Bell (which is a Dreamcast++ game, but it's got some nice next-gen cellshading in cutscenes).

Plus its in the same issue as the Tri-Ace game and the 1 pic of the Tri-Ace title seems to blow away everthing other next-gen rpg atm.

MiamiWesker said:
Yes its a new angle.
okay. so given that these are really too small to tell between pre rendered or RE4 quality realtime graphics, the presumption based on earlier news is still 3rd person realtime japes through the classic environments we know and love.

i'm still very goddamn game for that.

Llyranor

A Mana RTS with touch controls sounds very appealing. Could anyone summarize the gist of the text for it? Or, like, translate everything, whatever works.

The whole angel of Lost Odessey is, your charachter can't die, and you play with him through different eras.

Potentially, the charachter can play in any number of worlds or backgrounds, and the narrative will string together gameplay. Opens up nice ideas for sequels as well, kind of reminds me of the snake/big boss/old snake thing.

plagiarize said:
okay. so given that these are really too small to tell between pre rendered or RE4 quality realtime graphics, the presumption based on earlier news is still 3rd person realtime japes through the classic environments we know and love.

i'm still very goddamn game for that.

Thats the way I see it, I am hoping these are just environment pics, just test pics to show them off.

Obviously I can't tell but I think it might be realtime graphics.

Well, I try to be cautiously optimistic about nearly everything ... though I agree with you that Blue Dragon looks better graphically

ELS-01X

Banned
Bebpo said:
Am I the only one who thinks LO looks really bland? The main guy looks like a fantastic model, and the enemies look like a solid polygon-count boost up from last gen, but other-wise the battle pics looks really ...boring. The color-scheme is dull, the lighting and shader effects seem minimal, and it looks more of a "hey there's 100 guys on-screen" then "hey look how NEXT-GEN our 5-10 guys on-screen are!".

I dunno, could be a great game, but visually I don't find it appealing at all (and I like Slam Dunk). Blue Dragon, if it matches the released screens, looks much better IMO as does Trusty Bell (which is a Dreamcast++ game, but it's got some nice next-gen cellshading in cutscenes).
You're not the only one. I agree with you.

MrDaravon

Bebpo said:

I'm the exact opposite, I think LO looks great and I don't like how BD looks at all. Personal taste I suppose.

Also LO is sorta've reminding me of Venus and Braves plot wise. I really need to import that sometime.

GreekWolf

Bebpo said:
I think it's more your preference, than any fault of the game itself. LO looks to be set in an apocalyptic world, with ruined cities, hazy skies and underground forts. Blue Dragon is the complete opposite... colorful, bright and sugary sweet. Both games have serious pedigree behind them them and I have no doubts that they'll be magnificent. But I can already tell that my girlfriend won't have any interest in LO and will probably find the visuals depressing, while absolutely loving BD and Trusty Bell.

MiamiWesker said:
Thats the way I see it, I am hoping these are just environment pics, just test pics to show them off.

Obviously I can't tell but I think it might be realtime graphics.
given what RE4 looks like, i think they're real time as well.

i can't WAIT to see how the RPD is looking in this.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Llyranor said:
A Mana RTS with touch controls sounds very appealing. Could anyone summarize the gist of the text for it? Or, like, translate everything, whatever works.
Hopefully it works better than every other RTS on the DS so far.

plagiarize said:
given what RE4 looks like, i think they're real time as well.

i can't WAIT to see how the RPD is looking in this.

Yep that is what I am waiting for :)

The R.P.D. like that, with RE4 style gameplay (hopefully), its a game from heaven.

DCharlie said:
naa, i'm sure some of the other stealth trolls don't like it either! ;) *runs*

Well yea, he bashed the hell out of Enchant Arm when it came out in Japan.

It wasnt worthy, and I guess LO isn't either. :)

GreekWolf

Sir Speedy said:
You are above stupid posts like this, aren't you?
1. Ami is teasing. But I can understand how a junior might not have come to that realization.

2. It's never a good idea to bait a mod. :)

GreekWolf said:
1. Ami is teasing. But I can understand how a junior might not have come to that realization.

2. It's never a good idea to bait a mod.

I would prefer baiting a mod over fanning flamebaiters. I'll take a ban, whatever; but that red name and post gives the trolls the green light.

SEBA said:
Well...

It does.

There you go.

Comparing the look of Lost Odyssey and Trusty Bell is akin to comparing the cinematography of Blade Runner and Beauty and the Beast, no?

Cormacaroni said:
Comparing the look of Lost Odyssey and Trusty Bell is akin to comparing the cinematography of Blade Runner and Beauty and the Beast, no?

Trusty Bell looks like a delicious turkey sandwich. omg i r hungry

I am glad to see self shadowing implemented in this game and the Tri Ace one. Saints Row has spoiled me in that respect, it look sooooo nice in motion.

Bebpo

Banned
Sir Speedy said:
Well yea, he bashed the hell out of Enchant Arm when it came out in Japan.

It wasnt worthy, and I guess LO isn't either. :)

Wait, what? I said the game was good stuff and gave it a positive review when it came out in Japan. WTF are you talking about? I was one of EM's defenders.

DCharlie said:
nope - Bebpo was right on that one though!

Umm...I liked EM ^^;

And that wasn't a troll at Mistwalker or X360 or anything as much as you'd like it to be. Like I said, I find Blue Dragon to be incredibly impressive on a tech level if it looks like what's been released as it's like clayanimation in motion, which is a very impressive feat. LO just doesn't look technically impressive to me. Where is the HDR lighting? where are the awesome shaders making the robots shiny? Where are the fancy spell effects casting real-time reflections off the armor of the characters/enemies? LO in my honest-to-god 100% opinion looks like what I'd expect a next-gen rpg to look like if they took a PS2 rpg and upped the polygon counts by 10x and textures to HD and then left it at that without taking advantage of any effects that next-gen machines can offer.

Then again it's partly personal taste. I like my rpgs to be flashy and make my jaw-drop. Maybe realistic stuff just isn't my cup of tea. I like my realistic rpgs to be like Shadow Hearts :p

SEBA

Banned
Emiru said:
:lol

One is real-time, and one isnt.

116785455woBOJz_ph.jpg

Oh no you didn't!

Ashodin

Bebpo said:
Wait, what? I said the game was good stuff and gave it a positive review when it came out in Japan. WTF are you talking about? I was one of EM's defenders.

Umm...I liked EM ^^;

And that wasn't a troll at Mistwalker or X360 or anything as much as you'd like it to be. Like I said, I find Blue Dragon to be incredibly impressive on a tech level if it looks like what's been released as it's like clayanimation in motion, which is a very impressive feat. LO just doesn't look technically impressive to me. Where is the HDR lighting? where are the awesome shaders making the robots shiny? Where are the fancy spell effects casting real-time reflections off the armor of the characters/enemies? LO in my honest-to-god 100% opinion looks like what I'd expect a next-gen rpg to look like if they took a PS2 rpg and upped the polygon counts by 10x and textures to HD and then left it at that without taking advantage of any effects that next-gen machines can offer.

Then again it's partly personal taste. I like my rpgs to be flashy and make my jaw-drop. Maybe realistic stuff just isn't my cup of tea. I like my realistic rpgs to be like Shadow Hearts :p

If you're the EFFIN RPG OVERLORD

then I'm the EFFIN RPG KING

While not quite your title, it means I also enjoy a bountiful harvest of RPGs, and Heroes of Mana looks kickass.

I also enjoy Enchanted Arms

plus I think Lost Odyssey is going to sell 360 consoles.

Bepbo is right, there are obviously no HDR or particle effects in the game. In fact I think that self shadowing is just chochlate sauce spilled on the pages.

Ranger X

Snaku said:

The hell is this?
First shot looks like the dinning room of Resident Evil the first. Second screen could be when we break the statue....

Remake of Resident Evil remake confirmed?

Top Bottom