• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - May 27 2009 (new MGS title announced!)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Spiegel said:
Arguments for your theory (new psp game):

- If this is MGS5 why would Kojima say that is being made by the MGS4 staff?
MGS5 being made by the MGS4 staff is obvious. MGSPortable on the other hand, is not.

- Why say that they are putting a lot of work into the story? Again, obvious thing for the next main MGS on console.

Knowing this I think that the game is not MGS"5". It's going to be an expansion for MGS4, a spinoff for PS3(and 360?) or a portable game.
But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

also it look like Masahiro Yamamoto ( MGS PO director) left KojiPro
( he is not listed here anymore )
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/english/c_prof.html

and if you click on his name's old link ( got it from Cached page ) it will give you 404
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/english/prof/15_yamamoto.html

so yeah if it's for PSP I guess they will need one from MGS4 staff to work on it since they don't have Masahiro Yamamoto anymore

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Dascu said:
I'm wondering this as well.

Unless when Sylvia ran away, she just went on playing her little game. Now that's she's still
back in action faking the UAA, she's starting at the bottom and tricking people into killing eachother again... which then starts sending people like Copeland after Travis to be #1... hence she reappears at the same time new assassins do? Maybe he wants revenge on her for forcing him to be hunted. Who knows.
I just hope Suda is seriously involved in the story, he's likely more backseat on this one than NMH1 since this isn't his baby project anymore.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
John Harker said:
Unless when Sylvia ran away, she just went on playing her little game. Now that's she's still
back in action faking the UAA, she's starting at the bottom and tricking people into killing eachother again... which then starts sending people like Copeland after Travis to be #1... hence she reappears at the same time new assassins do? Maybe he wants revenge on her for forcing him to be hunted. Who knows.
I just hope Suda is seriously involved in the story, he's likely more backseat on this one than NMH1 since this isn't his baby project anymore.

I thought NMH2 will be alternative story / in different universe sort of thing :\

well ..good luck fixing the shit that happened in NMH1 story .

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
NMH1's story doesn't need any fixing.

If Suda's not writing the story for NMH2, then I'm not interested.

wsippel

Banned
John Harker said:
He's still writing and producing the game, but his former assistant is directing.

Or, maybe, this is a Suda game, and the story doesn't have to be completely coherent.
You people are looking way too deep into this.

Zill O'll news

Trinity is an action RPG set in the world of Zill O'll. You lead three characters of different types, Aleus, Daguza, and Zelena, through a massive story that features plenty of optional sub quests.

The game's combat system is party-based, with all three characters using swords, magic, and other attacks to defeat the sometimes massive enemies. The fields of play themselves contribute to the action, changing as you cast magic and break down columns. As an example, you can freeze a lake to walk over it, or pick up a column that's fallen due to your attacks and use it as a weapon.

Speaking with Famitsu, the magazine that broke word of Trinity in its latest issue, producer Akihiro Suzuki and director Tomohiko Shou, both key members of the Dynasty Warriors development effort, revealed that Trinity's development started with the idea of applying Omega Force's action expertise to the RPG genre. The Zill O'll series was just one candidate as a possible series for the game at the game. Koei went with the series after investigations revealed that players in Japan wanted a fantasy-style RPG.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/986/986863p1.html

Also, Quantum Theory has been pushed back to 2010.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
It's a different team. Still looking forward to it, though, since as I didn't play Rygar Wii I can honestly say I've always enjoyed Kikuchi's games.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kagari said:
Not surprising. They have NGSII to get out this fall anyway.

well PS3 lineup for the rest of this year will be dark Hell for new comers , also for Gear clone with Tetsuya Nomura art style on PS3 i guess Q1 or Q2 is the best

Defuser

You know a MGS fighting game would be awesome. The fight battle between Old snake and ocelot was awesome although it was limited in some ways.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986867p1.html

Travis Touchdown and Silvia Chrystel return for the Suda 51 sequel. The new story is set three years after Travis became rank number 1 assassin. Due to heavy investment from large corporations, Santa Destroy has rapidly become a tourist town. One day, Sylvia suddenly appears before Travis and invites him to another assassin ranking battle. At that very moment, Travis's sole friend, Bishop, is seen in somewhat of a pinch as a gang of ruffians take close aim at his head with guns.

What will happen to Bishop? And why has Sylvia appeared before Travis once again?

We're sure these questions and more will be answered as No More Heroes approaches release. For now, here are a few details that we were able to put together on gameplay changes.

Desperate Struggle retains the basic attack controls from the original for everything from Travis's Beam Katana to his wrestling moves. The big new feature from the magazine report is Travis's new dual sword abilities. With two swords in hand, Travis can deal up far more damage.

As with the original, facing off against members of the United Assassins Association (UAA) is one of the main points of the sequel. It looks like there'll be somewhat of a big volume upgrade for Desperate Struggle, as Famitsu provides a look at a fight against the 50th rank!

Nathan Copeland is the name of this low ranking assassin. He's into hip hop -- he even has his own underground label -- and carries around a boom box which can apparently transform into an arm weapon of some form.

Outside of these details, Famitsu confirms a No More Heroes Desperate Struggle showing for E3. But those who want a first look at the game will want to turn their browsers to Famitsu.com on Saturday the 30th, as the site is scheduled to debut the game's E3 video in advance!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If the gameplay is like in NMH i don`t see why they would have to include m+ support...it does already work fine...

John Harker

I hope the success of NMH1 wasn't due to its "novelty" and lack of competition in the space for the Wii. I really would like to see the majority of its 220k-ish install base to have genuinely enjoyed the title and recommend it to friends. It would be great to see this sail passed 300k units at full priced in the U.S.

I was expecting a bigger overlap of NMH/MadWorld gamers, but MW seems to have been laregly ignored (Despite the significantly bigger ad campaign) so that saddens me. Lets hope these guys come back for Desperate Struggle.

Word of mouth seemed a lot more favorable for NMH than it did for MW.
Personally, I loved both games, but NMH seems to be a game that more people could get in to.

Suda51 has expressed a lot of interest in wm+ in the past so I'm sure he is going to include it. I remember reading an interview with him and he stated that he wanted ti be able to use the wiimote as handlebars for the motorcycle, but was technically unable to do it, using them to rev the engine and everything. I certainly hope that that is included in DS.

Quantum Theory looks pretty peculiar...the art reminds me of MDK crossed with Gears...could be cool, but I have no expectations until something is revealed.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
John Harker said:
I hope the success of NMH1 wasn't due to its "novelty" and lack of competition in the space for the Wii. I really would like to see the majority of its 220k-ish install base to have genuinely enjoyed the title and recommend it to friends. It would be great to see this sail passed 300k units at full priced in the U.S.

I was expecting a bigger overlap of NMH/MadWorld gamers, but MW seems to have been laregly ignored (Despite the significantly bigger ad campaign) so that saddens me. Lets hope these guys come back for Desperate Struggle.
NMH got as far it did at full price? You sure? I've seen it at $20 both in the US and here in Canada since late last year, nvm sales putting it even lower. I even bought a second copy when it was on sale for $10CDN at Wal-Mart.

AceBandage said:
Word of mouth seemed a lot more favorable for NMH than it did for MW.
Personally, I loved both games, but NMH seems to be a game that more people could get in to.
How can you possibly know that 2-3 months after MW came out? I doubt MW will reach as far as NMH even as the price drops but I'm still curious.

wRATH2x

Banned
50th ranked assassin!?

I sure hope that means more boss fights. I'm not sure we'll be getting 50 bosses, but it seems like a lot more than the first's.

John Harker

jj984jj said:
NMH got as far it did at full price?

No, it didnt. I'm saying that's what I want for NMH2... 300k units at full priced and I'll be happy :). Not a huge improvement but a solid one that hopefully would be attainable if the quality is there.

okay so set me straight on this.
this is the regular famitsu that happened to talk about the new mgs, but there's still a playstation famitsu that will reveal the game this week, or am i wrong?

NeoForte

MORE FFXI PS3 DETAILS NOOOOOWOWWWWW!!!!!!! *foams at the mouth*

lol I hope it's not fake, if it was better than the craptastic 360 port I'd buy it in a heartbeat. ><

Eteric Rice

NeoForte said:
MORE FFXI PS3 DETAILS NOOOOOWOWWWWW!!!!!!! *foams at the mouth*

lol I hope it's not fake, if it was better than the craptastic 360 port I'd buy it in a heartbeat. ><

Why... Not just buy it on the PC?...

hteng said:
dude wtf i just bought a new laptop for FFXI and now they want to port it to the PS3? WTF!!!???!?!?!?! zomg should have come out so damn long time ago
Why are you complaining, you're playing on the superior platform.

NeoForte

Eteric Rice said:
How recent is your PC? PCs usually have HDMI cards.

it's a 4 year old crappy system I need to get replace. I do have a MacBook though. But rather not have to deal with cables going from my room to the living room anyway.

Edit: Damn, oh well there went that idea.

The big new feature from the magazine report is Travis's new dual sword abilities. With two swords in hand, Travis can deal up far more damage.

NMH= One beam Katana
NMH2= Duel wield beam katanas
NMH3= triple wielding beam katanas??????

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
John Harker said:
No, it didnt. I'm saying that's what I want for NMH2... 300k units at full priced and I'll be happy :). Not a huge improvement but a solid one that hopefully would be attainable if the quality is there.
Oh I misread that. You have really optimistic expectations there, the only way I can see that happening is if Ubisoft is the publisher again and they put more marketing into it.

PC Gaijin

So FFXI PS3 was a fake? Not that I expected much, even if it was true. The 360 port is awful. My 7 year old Pentium 4 with a Geforce4 ran XI better than the 360 port. I restarted XI this month, and I've been playing on the 360 while I wait for the security token to install the PC version. Can't wait to go back to the PC because the 360 port runs like molasses and crashes fairly often to boot.

yamaneko

Two Metal Gears

One to PSP

e and another to PS3

=D

One u ll play with Gray Fox

and another u ll play with Solid Snake

Missions on PSP ll affect PS3 version and vice versa

kisses

for

all

Top Bottom