• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news 12/1 -- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker MARCH 18 HOLY JESUS

Yaweee

Stumpokapow said:
There actually was a virtually complete Famitsu scores archive, but it went down earlier this year. No idea why.

http://fs.finalfantasytr.com/ was the URL if you want to try archive.org to pull anything.

Ah, thanks for that. It's organized by issue with only cumulative scores (as far as I can tell at this point), but I might try pulling some statistics out of it later. It appears that archive.org's archive is not complete, keeping some of the pages for individual issues, but not the entirety of the year-end complete lists which would be the most useful way to find yearly averages and percentiles for 40s, 39s, 38s, 37s, etc.

Spiegel

Yaweee said:
Ah, thanks for that. It's organized by issue with only cumulative scores (as far as I can tell at this point), but I might try pulling some statistics out of it later. It appears that archive.org's archive is not complete, keeping some of the pages for individual issues, but not the entirety of the year-end complete lists which would be the most useful way to find yearly averages and percentiles for 40s, 39s, 38s, 37s, etc.

I'm the only one who can see the website or what?

izrgpg.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Weird.

I've gotten 403 Forbidden on that website for, I kid you not, at least 6 or 8 months. My IP has changed since then and I've accessed it from different computers anyway, so unless there's an IP block by country, that shouldn't be the cause :/

Also tried accessing it through a web proxy and it failed there too. This is the web proxy I used.

Maybe it's a block on North American visitors... yep, seems to be. Tried it on a Luxembourgian web proxy and it worked fine. *shakes head* Dear Turkey; if you guys want to block America, be my guest, but just let me into your websites!

Yaweee

Spiegel said:
I'm the only one who can see the website or what?

awesomeworkingpage.jpg

For me:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I hit enter again like I have to do for Famitsu, but it did nothing. I also tried both the US and German editions of anonymouse to see if it was IP blocking, but both of those failed equally.

Is it in your cache for some reason? The text on the page implies that they were, at the time of the update, having some technical problems.

Firestorm

Stumpokapow said:
Weird.

I've gotten 403 Forbidden on that website for, I kid you not, at least 6 or 8 months. My IP has changed since then and I've accessed it from different computers anyway, so unless there's an IP block by country, that shouldn't be the cause :/

Also tried accessing it through a web proxy and it failed there too. This is the web proxy I used.

Maybe it's a block on North American visitors... yep, seems to be. Tried it on a Luxembourgian web proxy and it worked fine. *shakes head* Dear Turkey; if you guys want to block America, be my guest, but just let me into your websites!
Page works fine for me. At work here in Burnaby, BC.

Stumpokapow said:
Weird.

That always happens to me with the site, I get the 403 erro everytime for the same period of time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Spiegel said:
http://i48.tinypic.com/izrgpg.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
You know, you don't have to feel ashamed that you have an IGN tab open. :lol

The archive seems to be working fine for me.

Jonnyram

Maybe the domain is moving DNS or something? I get 403 error on the homepage and 404 errors on subsequent pages, so the document tree is empty on whatever server I am seeing, I think.

benjipwns

Banned
Works for me, Michigan, US.

It has full scores back to 2003, and what appears to be 35+ scores back to 1987.

A few examples:
1988 said:
# Game Console Company Score
1 Dragon Quest III NES Enix 38
2 Pro Yakyuu World Stadium PCE Namco 35
3 Final Fantasy II NES SquareSoft 35
4 Super Mario Bros. 3 NES Nintendo 35
1993 said:
1 Street Fighter II Turbo SNES Capcom 36
2 Dragon Quest I & II SNES SquareSoft 35
3 Aladdin GEN Sega 35
1994 said:
1 Final Fantasy VI SNES SquareSoft 37
2 Ridge Racer PS1 Namco 37
3 Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo SNES Nintendo 36
4 Virtua Fighter SAT Sega 3
1995 said:
1 Ridge Racer Revolution PS1 Namco 39
2 Virtua Fighter 2 SAT Sega 39
3 Fushigi no Dungeon 2: Fuurai no Shiren SNES Chunsoft 38
4 Tekken PS1 Namco 38
5 Sega Rally Championship SAT Sega 36
6 Boxers Road PS1 New 35
7 Kings Field II PS1 From Software 35
8 Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner SAT Atlus 35
9 Virtua Fighter Remix SAT Sega 35
2001 said:
1 Final Fantasy X PS2 SquareSoft 39
2 Gran Turismo 3 A-spec PS2 Sony 39
3 Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2 Konami 38
4 Culdcept Second DC Media Factory 37
5 Doubutsu no Mori+ (Animal Crossing) NGC Nintendo 37
6 Final Fantasy VII International PS1 SquareSoft 37
7 Super Smash Bros. Melee NGC Nintendo 37
8 Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko no Daibouken 2 Advance GBA Enix 36
9 Battle Network: Rockman EXE 2 GBA Capcom 35
10 Magical Vacation GBA Nintendo 35
11 Zeonic Front: Kidou Senshi Gundam 0079 PS2 Bandai 35
12 Kessen II PS2 Koei 35
13 Onimusha PS2 Capcom 35
14 Madden NFL Super Football 2001 PS2 Electronic Arts 35
15 Capcom vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001 DC Capcom 35

Actually, this only took two minutes or so, so I did it. Games scoring 35 or above (37+):
1987: 2 (1)
1988: 4 (1)
1989: 2
1990: 3 (2)
1991: 3 (1)
1992: 4
1993: 3
1994: 4 (2)
1995: 9 (4)
1996: 10 (5)
1997: 5 (1)
1998: 14 (5)
1999: 13 (4)
2000: 16 (6)
2001: 15 (7)
2002: 26 (6)
2003: 24 (4)
2004: 20 (6)
2005: 42 (14)
2006: 29 (9)
2007: 39 (9)
2008: 40 (12)
2009: 13 (5) ("We don't add new scores since June 2009 because of some issues.")

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For people who have problem with URL being error.

There is an easy solution, just delete HTTP:// yourself then it would work. (I had error issues until I started to delete HTTP:// and it would open)

lupin23rd

Well shit no wonder they are handing out 40s like nothing these days, it's to make up for shitty scores given to games like Super Mario Bros. 3 years ago.

Top Bottom