• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu news 12/1 -- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker MARCH 18 HOLY JESUS

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
new atlus game on PSP, part of Tokyo Majin series

for my brahs out there wondering if this is WW for Peace walker or not, know that the only MGS to come out in japan ahead of Merka was MGS1

brahs should chill

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
VegaShinra said:
Feb release for Heavy Rain! Epic win. Sony has so much in the first 3 months.

Would be in line with the 2/16 date American retailers are listing for the game.

VegaShinra

Kagari said:
Would be in line with the 2/16 date American retailers are listing for the game.
True. Hope Sony says something soon about the game. Just having confirmation would confirm the first few months of 2010 will rock on the PS3. :D

Linkzg said:
Master Miller origin story~!!

big boss kills Rotor, a beautiful robot lady who has helicopter blades in her back that let her fly (she is the best master of helicopter combat in the world)

super drebin the first calls up big boss over the protonet: "snake. rotor lived a sad life. when she was a little girl, soldiers attacked her village. they shot and killed all her family and threw them into spinning blades. but then the blades became helicopter blades on a helicopter and sliced up the soldiers. but snake. there was no helicopter, it was just rotor. except there was a helicopter, since she invented the first helicopter right there all by herself (she pooped it out) since she is the world's best helicopter person. shooting her in the face cleansed her soul, snake. also, i have a son... his name is... drebin."

big boss sighs. "i'm sure that won't be important." (rolls eyes, audience chuckles at dramatic irony)

Boss Man

AAK said:
Please... no one spoil MGS4 in this thread.
Snake almost dies but he kills Snake and then there's a big stupid twist when Snake talks to Snake when you think Snake is dead and Snake is just about to die.

I guarantee we're going to see a lot of these March titles get pushed back (or maybe even forward). There's just too much.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
EmCeeGramr said:
big boss kills Rotor, a beautiful robot lady who has helicopter blades in her back that let her fly (she is the best master of helicopter combat in the world)

super drebin the first calls up big boss over the protonet: "snake. rotor lived a sad life. when she was a little girl, soldiers attacked her village. they shot and killed all her family and threw them into spinning blades. but then the blades became helicopter blades on a helicopter and sliced up the soldiers. but snake. there was no helicopter, it was just rotor. except there was a helicopter, since she invented the first helicopter right there all by herself (she pooped it out) since she is the world's best helicopter person. shooting her in the face cleansed her soul, snake. also, i have a son... his name is... drebin."

big boss sighs. "i'm sure that won't be important." (rolls eyes, audience chuckles at dramatic irony)

sou6vq.jpg

duckroll

Too bad no one is scanning more REGINLEIV. We only know the voice actor for the male character.... Daisuke Namikawa. I really want to know who's voicing the female character. :(

Looks more story heavy than EDF games. Cutscenes, voice acting... Maybe Nintendo of America won't localize this after all.

ethelred

More info on the Atlus game, please.

duckroll said:
Cutscenes, voice acting... Maybe Nintendo of America won't localize this after all.

It's not like a game really requires either of those things for NoA to decide to take a pass.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
duckroll said:
Too bad no one is scanning more REGINLEIV. We only know the voice actor for the male character.... Daisuke Namikawa. I really want to know who's voicing the female character. :(

Looks more story heavy than EDF games. Cutscenes, voice acting... Maybe Nintendo of America won't localize this after all.

Nothing new about Pease Warukeru? :lol

duckroll

ethelred said:
More info on the Atlus game, please.

It's an "adventure RPG" and it is part of the Tokyo Majin series. It has pretty much nothing to do with the megaten side of Atlus, unless they're suddenly developing this one themselves now. It's more likely that this could be the game that Murayama's firm is working on the scenario for, since he has worked on recent Tokyo Majin games previously. I don't think you'll be very interested in it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:

Did Disaster have a heavy emphasis on cutscenes too? :(

ethelred

duckroll said:
It's an "adventure RPG" and it is part of the Tokyo Majin series. It has pretty much nothing to do with the megaten side of Atlus, unless they're suddenly developing this one themselves now. It's more likely that this could be the game that Murayama's firm is working on the scenario for, since he has worked on recent Tokyo Majin games previously. I don't think you'll be very interested in it.

Oh. I guess not. I didn't even know what Tokyo Majin was. I just looked it up.

duckroll

ethelred said:
Oh. I guess not. I didn't even know what Tokyo Majin was. I just looked it up.

I think Atlus is just cashing in on the Persona branding they have going with their name at the moment. So it makes some business sense to be using their association to push another RPG with a fantasy/occult and school life setting. Although... yeah they're really not anything close to being similar. Lol.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Calcaneus said:
Kinda OT, but I've been meaning to ask: what's with this "game bro" thing you got going on lately? Its...unusual.
just chillin bro hoorah

Y2Kev said:
Greetings chickadees (kay),

March gets even fuller for some of us as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker joins the fray! March 18, 2010 is the release date.

More news coming as the duckster fills it in

MW2 10/9/10/10 (famitsu is now accepting checks from american publishers)
Tales of Salacious Bikinis 9/9/9/9
Losing Eleven wii 9/9/8/9
Losing Eleven ps2 8/7/7/7
Toshitden 6/6/5/6
Samurai Shodown ItsShit 7/6/6/7
REGINLEIV is in the mag

Heavy Rain is February 8, 2010 in Japan. Maybe this game is coming sooner than we thought in America...

new atlus game on PSP, part of Tokyo Majin series

TOKYO MONO
Adventure RPG
Spring 2010
EXCLUSIVELY on PSP (take that everyone)
From Nintnedo Everything http://www.nintendoeverything.com/28712/

Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360) – 10/10/9/10
Tales of Graces (Wii) – 9/9/9/9
Winning Eleven Play Maker 2010 (Wii) – 9/9/8/9
Winning Eleven 2010 (PSP) – 8/7/7/7
Toshinden (Wii) – 6/6/5/6
Samurai Spirits Zen (360) – 5/5/6/5

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ethelred said:
It's basically just another way to act like a seven year old. There's not much to understand.

Watch out, folks! Ethelred, bastion of maturity, has come to burn asunder another funny, silly, yet totally harmless internet meme!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
EmCeeGramr said:

lol

ethelred

thetrin said:
Watch out, folks! Ethelred, bastion of maturity, has come to burn asunder another funny, silly, yet totally harmless internet meme!

Maybe you should write about it on your blog.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ethelred said:
Maybe you should write about it on your blog.

Oh ethel, you're so behind the times. I don't write a blog anymore.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Y2Kev said:
Toshitden 6/6/5/6
Samurai Shodown ItsShit 7/6/6/7

I refuse to believe that even a Toshinden game is worse than Samurai Spirits Sen. :lol How in the hell did Sen get 6's and 7's from them?

thetrin

Lyte Edge said:
I refuse to believe that even a Toshinden game is worse than Samurai Spirits Sen. :lol How in the hell did Sen get 6's and 7's from them?

Wait, is Sen the 3D one? I haven't paid attention to SS since Tenka.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
thetrin said:
Wait, is Sen the 3D one? I haven't paid attention to SS since Tenka.

Yes, Samurai Spirits Sen = Samurai Shodown Edge Of Destiny.

I made a PSA for it:

Samurai Spirits Sen/Samurai Shodown Edge Of Destiny Public Service Announcement

***THIS GAME IS COMPLETE GARBAGE. DO NOT BUY. IT PLAYS LIKE A BAD 3D FIGHTER FROM 1995. AVOID AT ALL COSTS***

This has been a public service announcement from the What-The-Fuck-Happened-With-SS Foundation. Please pass this along to anyone who expresses interest in this title; SNK cannot be rewarded with our money for releasing this kind of trash.

The $39.99 price point is their way of saying "yeah, we know it's crap and hope to get a few suckers to unload this game on!"

Avoid, avoid, AVOID. I cannot say this enough. And this is coming from a mega-huge SNK fan and fan of the developer's (K2) Tenchu games.

You know how KOF XII was a major disappointment? At least at its core it had good game play. Can't say the same thing for Sen. K2 fucked up on it BIG TIME.

Top Bottom