• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu News (no more fakes!)

reriel

duckroll said:
What! I see nothing in the original post
anymore
so I don't know what you're talking about! I
deleted any evidence that the information was posted so
I don't think
anyone will blame me that
it
doesn't
exists!
;__;

meltpotato said:
soooo... ddin't see anywhere in the thread.. is there a proijection of when AC4 X360 will arrive? is it still planned?

Well it will probably be Japan exclusive since 360 is dead there and multi platform in NA. It really depends on the Chromehouds sales though; if the game doesn't sell well in NA I doubt From Software will bother porting AC to 360.

In my opinion AC franchise sucks, there were like 8 Armored Core games on PS2 and all of them were shit quality. It has potential but we will see what happens…

Doom_Bringer said:
Well it will probably be Japan exclusive since 360 is dead there and multi platform in NA. It really depends on the Chromehouds sales though; if the game doesn't sell well in NA I doubt From Software will bother porting AC to 360.

In my opinion AC franchise sucks, there were like 8 Armored Core games on PS2 and all of them were shit quality. It has potential but we will see what happens…

I've kinda been the tool of AC since PS1.. kinda like a spouse that keeps abusing me and i keep going back and sayin gi forgive you. I'm sorta itching to see how it turns out after seeing how awesome Chromehounds turned out

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is that the only shot of AC4 in the mag? Are there any other details?

I guess the official site is opening up in a couple of days anyway, but would be nice if there was anything more in the meantime..

duckroll

neo and jonnyram should be able to provide tons of scans in a day or two. The mag itself isn't really out yet as usual, so it's just news and camera phone pics for a day or two. This happens every week. :p

jett

D-Member
Seems like Yasunori Mitsuda has decided to waste his god-given talent on handheld games. He might as well be composing music for hentai games like Hiroki Kikuta. :|

duckroll

jett said:
Seems like Yasunori Mitsuda has decided to waste his god-given talent on handheld games. He might as well be composing music for hentai games like Hiroki Kikuta. :|

Man, that's another low blow on Kikuta. :lol

duckroll said:
Final Fantasy V GBA:

- New opening
- New jobs: Gladiator and Demolition Expert

ehhhhh? I thought it was pretty settled that the new jobs were going to be Dark Knight and Corsair. That's what they look like in the art on Square's FF V page, and, plus, who ever heard of "Gladiator" and "Demolition Expert" as FF classes?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
WOW How did I miss this! Sorry DS fans for not posting this earlier....

Lunamis Ark (DS)

- SRPG developed by Image Epoch
- Music by MITSUDA
- Character design by Shino (柴乃)
- Published by Marvelous
MITSUDA!!!!!! THIS GAME IS MINE DAY 1!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY BETTER BRING THIS OVER HERE!!!!!

Amir0x said:
9 - It is DS, and an RPG. We can see, it is very like classic FF. Oh yes, because it is a remake. Well, then it is very good.

8 - The CG opening is very impressive for DS. Dungeons look good remade. Sometimes, I use a potion. Not so cute without more dogs to pet.

9 - I look at this cartridge, it says Final Fantasy III. It excites me much, so that i fill with nostalgia.

8 - It has a good balance, and the characters look very fancy in 3D. On a handheld, we see that this is well suited for play and has good music.
:lol :lol :lol

You came up with a winner there.

duckroll

Greenpanda said:
ehhhhh? I thought it was pretty settled that the new jobs were going to be Dark Knight and Corsair. That's what they look like in the art on Square's FF V page, and, plus, who ever heard of "Gladiator" and "Demolition Expert" as FF classes?

There might be more than 2 new classes. :p

The two classes featured are 剣闘士 (Gladiator) and 砲撃士 (Explosives user).

The gladiator is a sword art expert, and has a skill (zenkiri) that attacks all enemies in a turn. He has another skill (kouretsugiri) that hits back rank enemies for the same amount of damage as front rank enemies.

The demolition expert uses a canon as the main weapon. One skill (gousei) allows combination of ammo and other items. Another skill (hougeki) uses up ammo to damage the enemy.

duckroll said:
There might be more than 2 new classes. :p

The two classes featured are 剣闘士 (Gladiator) and 砲撃士 (Explosives user).

The gladiator is a sword art expert, and has a skill (zenkiri) that attacks all enemies in a turn. He has another skill (kouretsugiri) that hits back rank enemies for the same amount of damage as front rank enemies.

The demolition expert uses a canon as the main weapon. One skill (gousei) allows combination of ammo and other items. Another skill (hougeki) uses up ammo to damage the enemy.

Huh, interesting. So 4 new jobs? That's quite a bit! I can definitely see the Explosives User, though -- it sounds pretty similar to the Gunner job in Tactics and X-2 (and Irvine in VIII), so...

Thanks for the info, as always :) my offer to subscribe to duckmitsu still stands

Harvest Moon Wii looks slightly better than GCN. I see better textures on the houses and plants, and a more detailed character model. This coming from a scan.

But it's almost similar

And if that's what they scored Golden Sun 2 (My 2nd favorite game this generation only behind SSBM), then I'm in for a lot of fun with FF3.

man I want a Golden Sun Sequel :(

Greenpanda said:
Huh, interesting. So 4 new jobs? That's quite a bit! I can definitely see the Explosives User, though -- it sounds pretty similar to the Gunner job in Tactics and X-2 (and Irvine in VIII), so...

Thanks for the info, as always :) my offer to subscribe to duckmitsu still stands

Didn't he only say 2 new jobs confirmed so far?

cartman414 said:
Didn't he only say 2 new jobs confirmed so far?

Well, there's Dark Knight and Corsair -- featured in an image on Square's site, and the Famitsu info duckroll translated says that Gladiator and Explosives User are new jobs, so that would ake 4.

I guess the depicted jobs in the square-enix.com image COULD be Gladiator and Explosives User, though -- they just look an awful lot like the usual appearance of the DK and Corsair jobs.

Kittonwy

Banned
Amir0x said:
9 - It is DS, and an RPG. We can see, it is very like classic FF. Oh yes, because it is a remake. Well, then it is very good.

8 - The CG opening is very impressive for DS. Dungeons look good remade. Sometimes, I use a potion. Not so cute without more dogs to pet.

9 - I look at this cartridge, it says Final Fantasy III. It excites me much, so that i fill with nostalgia.

8 - It has a good balance, and the characters look very fancy in 3D. On a handheld, we see that this is well suited for play and has good music.

:lol

Drakken

What's with reviewing titles that came out a long time ago (Children of Mana, Egg Monster Heroes)? Or was someone just posting all the Square Enix scores?

Emotions

Harvest Moon Wii looks great, i'll be getting it, come on Natsume bring it over.
FF3 score is quite good as well, i'm getting it.
Rune Factory got a great score too , come on Natsume bring it over soon along with the girls version of Harvest Moon DS , Legend of River King DS & the HM the Island i grew up on .

Drakken said:
What's with reviewing titles that came out a long time ago (Children of Mana, Egg Monster Heroes)? Or was someone just posting all the Square Enix scores?

Yeah, someone was just posting all the SE scores for comparison w/ FF III.

Jonnyram

Demolition Expert is actually translated as Cannoner in Famitsu.
Gladiator is what Famitsu says for 剣闘士

Top Bottom