• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon |OT| Sloan's blanket is six feet of my shit.

SirNinja

Took me 10 hours to see and do everything, and I fully plan on going through the main storyline again. It's every cheesy action/sci-fi movie from the 80s rolled up into one.

I hope outpost resetting and a Master difficulty gets patched in though, like what happened with FC3.

C4Lukins

From the majornelson podcast the other day, it's suppose to be selling 5 times more then ubisoft expected, and it's above minecraft for daily sales in the UK right now.

Yeah it was number 1 on the US daily charts until today where Minecraft got the number one spot again. Minecraft is just nutso though. And at least with top downloads through the dashboard, it seems to include DLC and Minecraft skins sell incredibly well.

Nokterian

From the majornelson podcast the other day, it's suppose to be selling 5 times more then ubisoft expected, and it's above minecraft for daily sales in the UK right now.

Awesome,this is good to hear and Michael Biehn getting a lot of attention witch is very cool because of this game. But i do like how the game director went totally bonkers on this and said to ubisoft i want to make this. And i like it,give me more these kinda games because all those realism games these days are well a bit to mutch. This is pure fun.

todahawk

That credit song... holy shit.

I'm dying listening to it right now.

That end game sequence... GODDAMN. Just fucking awesome. What a ride.

oh, and pilfer as much as you can. i finished the main game, unlocked and bought all the upgrades/attachments and have over $17,000 left for body armor & ammo for screwing around...

Talyn

So during the cutscenes, I'm getting awkwardly long pauses inbetween each "slide", yet the music continues in the background. Im pretty sure that's not supposed to be happening.
Yeah I had the same problem and some other people are reporting it on the Steam forums as well. Try disabling AA or Vsync if you have them enabled. I had AA set to 2x, turned it off and it cleared up the problem for me. Didn't really notice a difference in image quality either.

Alchemy

Amazing ending. Normally I get bored with open world games really quickly, but I enjoyed this enough to 100% it. Perfect content and perfect size.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm on the last mission, OMFG at the song that plays during the
dino-rider
segment. That song is
"War" from Rocky IV
!

DorianD

So I have played about 2 hours worth so far (pc) and it is funny, but sometimes I'm disconnected from the jokes (90's child here). Overall, good fun and the weapons are hilarious.

Hobby

Not getting the love for this. I mean it's not bad--well, the main missions aren't--but it's super repetitive (save a hostage, hunt some animals, liberate a garrison, or collect crap) and the art direction just seems like Far Cry 3 in the dark with neon lights on everything. Stealth is near worthless considering the weapon upgrades that quickly become available, plus the whole island just seems empty. The weapons and shooting don't feel particularly great either (save for the sniper rifle), though I do like the mobility Rex possesses. Game's just not for me I guess.

Easy_G

Damn, I finished every collector thing (tv/VHS/notes) and most other stuff too. I'm only missing two attachements which cost a little over 4600 credits together. The thing is that you can't make money and I have absolutely no idea where to find some money. I'm pretty sure I got 99 percent of it. So somewhere on that island is a lonely crate waiting for me I guess.

Also don't have that headshot achievement yet. I really thought I had them all. Gonna need a second playtrough to get that one.

Pilfering guys gets you money. Or can you not find anymore enemies either?

antitrop

I haven't even finished this, yet. I had to work all weekend and I'm way too tired, plus Game of Thrones is on in like 20 minutes. Should be able to finish it tomorrow, everyone talking about the ending has me excited.

Sounds like its not to be missed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I haven't even finished this, yet. I had to work all weekend and I'm way too tired. Should be able to finish it tomorrow, everyone talking about the ending has me excited.

Sounds like its not to be missed.

It's excellent. Totally nails the 80's action movie climax tropes and is just plain badass.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Took me about 10 hours to 100% everything. Awesome, awesome game. I had a blast and laughed the whole way through.
Yep, same here. It was fun all the way, game is the perfect size. The only 2 real downsides for me are the helicopters aren't flyable (you wouldn't believe my disappointment when I carefully infiltrated a garrison to steal one but to no avail) and it's too easy even on Hard and everything (reticule, stealth meter, aim assist, etc...) off.

todahawk

Yep, same here. It was fun all the way, game is the perfect size. The only 2 real downsides for me are the helicopters aren't flyable (you wouldn't believe my disappointment when I carefully infiltrated a garrison to steal one but to no avail) and it's too easy even on Hard and everything (reticule, stealth meter, aim assist, etc...) off.

Same here... I stealthily took out the pilot, snuck up to the door of da chopper...

302429405_obama_sad_frown_xlarge.jpeg

I was expecting a better "boss fight" at the end but what they gave us was good enough. lol so good.

I would talk about it but everyone needs to experience it themselves.

I played on hard, never died and failed a mission about 3 times in total, 2 of those being hostage rescue ones...

Sojgat

Finished it 100% again on hard. I enjoyed it even more this time, as It forces you to use more stealth. It's still not very hard at all though.

I can't believe how much I love this game.

KingKong

lol at the turtle side quest, that was great.

How many main missions do I have left? I just did the
destroy blood dragon eggs one

It looks like they really improved their main mission design, it's still a little too scripted and corridor shootery but it seems more fun. The side missons are still not that good though, they're just too easy and formulaic

Did I miss it or are there no race missions? I really liked those in FC3

e: also, miss the wing suit but love no fall damage

todahawk

lol at the turtle side quest, that was great.

How many main missions do I have left? I just did the
destroy blood dragon eggs one

It looks like they really improved their main mission design, it's still a little too scripted and corridor shootery but it seems more fun. The side missons are still not that good though, they're just too easy and formulaic

Did I miss it or are there no race missions? I really liked those in FC3

e: also, miss the wing suit but love no fall damage

you're getting close, maybe 1 left before the finale mission. It lets you know before you start. You can look in the game menu, it tells you how many story missions you've done, how many garrisons liberated, etc.

nope, no race missions.

Is there a day night cycle in this? I can't really tell.

I like the red sky but I wish it would cycle over to a light blue or something just for a change.

Sojgat

Is there a day night cycle in this? I can't really tell.

I like the red sky but I wish it would cycle over to a light blue or something just for a change.

It's purple sometimes. I also could swear it was yellow at some point (maybe during a story mission). What it needs is neon cyber rain.

Chairhome

The end song is from the great movie "Miami Connection" about a band that also knows karate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVtyOwcQo-w

Is the song Against the Ninja? I love that song and the movie. Everyone should watch that movie. Haha.

I'm pretty early in the game because I haven't been able to play, but its really fun. Is controller better than kbm in here? I feel like I have to remember a lot of different keys, more so than regular FPSes

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think there is actually a day/night cycle, but even in "day" it's always super dark with a red sky.

So good, didn't play far cry 3 but it kinda makes me want to

I want to see more stuff like this

I finished BD then almost immediately started FC3 and am now about 8 hours in. I finally "get" FC3 now. Struggled when I first got it (just couldn't get a feel) but BD has me Far Cryin everywhere.

I finished BD then almost immediately started FC3 and am now about 8 hours in. I finally "get" FC3 now. Struggled when I first got it (just couldn't get a feel) but BD has me Far Cryin everywhere.

i actually hope this gets people to buy Far Cry 3 :D the same gameplay mechanics are there, but even more expanded!

DukeBobby

i actually hope this gets people to buy Far Cry 3 :D the same gameplay mechanics are there, but even more expanded!

As long as they don't expect any semblance of a good narrative.

Man, that shit was awful; ruined the entire game for me.

This game, however, has me by the balls and refuses to let go.

most fun to be had is with the garrisons, and there's a lot more of those there!

the story missions are actually the only bad side i can think about it, goddamn infinitely respawning COD-enemies...

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I just realized I can play this without Far Cry 3 - awesome! Now, is it available on any other PC-services than Steam? (Don't ask, I have my reasons).

eXistor

Finished it yesterday. I thought it was really good actually and I kind of hate FC3. The shallow gameplay actually works to Blood Dragon's advantage and it's laugh-out-loud funny instead of mind-numbingly stupid. Very cool.

antitrop

Far Cry 3 is kind of awesome all the times except the times where you are involved in the plot or hunting missions.

That makes up a significant portion of playing the game, unfortunately. Every time Dennis says 'tatau' I want to reach through the monitor and punch him in the face.

Easy_G

I just realized I can play this without Far Cry 3 - awesome! Now, is it available on any other PC-services than Steam? (Don't ask, I have my reasons).

It's on uplay. Buying off steam is actually a hassle because steam just gives you a key and then installs and boots up uplay.

Linius

So I was busy grinding for money (finally got the attachment achievement!) and came across this omega dude. I shot him in the head from behind and for a dead guy he's acting a bit weird :p

d4o.gif

Top Bottom