• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 gameplay footage (Xbox 360 version)

DarkChild

Banned
3rd party is doing far better job with 360 hardware than 1st party. Same like last gen...

Hopefully FC3 uses AA from ACR on consoles. That AA was badass.

Sethos

Banned
Figured it'd be more tactical, slower paced.

Guess it's just a fast paced explosion-o-rama experience, shame.

Afrikan

Looks Great!

this is a game i'd like to play using my Sony headset viewer thing.

reminds me of Mirrors Edge with alittle First Person Just Cause.

Love what they have done with the Dunia Engine. I never got to try it out in Avatar, but from screen shots it looked nice.

imo, We've had some great open world engines this gen pulled off on consoles....Dunia, Avalanche, Rage (to an extent), Geo-Mod...etc.

can't wait to see what they cook up for next gen.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No chance that's on 360. It's PC running "360" specs.

German video confirmed it. This footage is from the 360 version, but on the event they showed the PC version too and games aktuell says it looks amazing.

Fjordson

Game seems really, really cool. Hope the island delivers as a setting with some interesting exploration. What they've shown so far at least looks beautiful.

WHOA. Looks like a massive step-up over FC2. FPS Uncharted?

Really hope they get the open-world natural environment correctly ala Red Dead, and yeah please don't make us drive everywhere with nothing to do. I saw a snippet of it in the video. :(

Seep

German video confirmed it. This footage is from the 360 version, but on the event they showed the PC version too and games aktuell says it looks amazing.

360ish specs on a PC (better frame rate no screen tearing) 360 version will have screen tearing up the wazoo.

In the video you can see that the player can loot bodies, will this have a proper inventory system, or just ammo/guns?

Edit, also, can anyone identify the song that plays after the ship starts to sink? It's really bugging me, sounds like something off Sunshine's score, might be something original though.

360ish specs on a PC (better frame rate no screen tearing) 360 version will have screen tearing up the wazoo.

ivAyBnkYxiXBz.gif

Loomer

Might be cool, hopefully you can turn off the hud though, those damage indicators are far too much of a screen clutter for my taste.

At any rate, hope it turns out good.

DarkChild

Banned
Let's pick this up again when the game is out yes?

Game companies lie all the time see Skyrim recently, claimed it was real time on 360 got found out and shit their kecks then said it was 360 specs on a PC.
There was no tearing in FC2, it was extremely close to PC version and it ran at very good frame rate. Nothing suggests this time it will be different. Anyway, you can see why this is 360 version...Look at the shadows, its very well known problem with Dunia engine on consoles. Although PS3 had smoother shadows since they use Nvidia tech, PC was best of course. Oh, and there is significant pop up when he is driving.

IGN said it was played on PC, but that was when they were shown a game, not preview video that Ubi gave.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Far Cry 2 was one of the biggest disappointments and one of the most misleading games from their PR material, all gen. I got it for $1 new and 2 hours in I felt I couldnt suffer any longer and gave up.

Wary before I increase interest in this again.

xHAASx

Banned
Far Cry 2 was one of the biggest disappointments and one of the most misleading games from their PR material, all gen. I got it for $1 new and 2 hours in I felt I couldnt suffer any longer and gave up.

Wary before I increase interest in this again.

As is proper.

legacyzero

Banned
OMG I want this so bad! I thought that would be 360 version.

Now just give me my MAP EDITOR and you've secured not ONE but TWO purchases! (360 and PC)

unless you include that shitty DRM, You can keep that shit.

Barakov

Gold Member
Looked pretty good apart from those blocky shadows on the ship. It seems they traded malaria for hallucinations which I'm totally alright with. Although, it you could just be hallucinating for that one mission.

Also, it looks like we could end up stabbing
sharks
in this game.

Looks okay in that "big budget spectacle" kind of way, but I'll need to see more than shoot shoot --> scripted event, shoot shoot --> scripted event before I get excited.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The better quality youtube video looks mighty fine. This is certainly shaping up quite nicely.
Smirk at the liberty cap shroom hunt.

Mechazawa

Not sure its on a pc. After all we didn't see this:
fc3_lw3r0xc7p2.jpg

Is this joke even relevant anymore after the Ass Creed games did online authorization only at start up?

Video didn't do anything for me. I'd like to see what gameplay is like without the dude running past half the enemies with barely a scratch.

This game could be very interesting if it will feature cooperative online play...sure the story is created around a single character however it would be a lot of fun to play this game with a friend online...

Top Bottom