• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

What's the best way totackle this game, folloe the story or try and craft a few items like larger backpack, larger quiver etc while just generally exploring? I can see what I need for skins but there is no legend on the map for me to tell some of the animals from others.

Do this first - get some radio towers unlocked and upgrade your weapon capacity and wallets etc before getting too stuck into the story. In my experience that will save some frustration.

Pooya

go unlock all of your weapon bags first, you can get them all relatively easily and very early. just a bit of hunting required, you need some sharks and deers and stuff, easily located on the map. You can kill the sharks easily with a jet ski. Hunting animals might be frustrating with crappy guns you have but better do it now. The animal icons on the map shows regions where that animal spawns.

It will save you a lot of trouble later.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Cheers for the advice guys. Got a few days off work due to flu so will crank this up again and focus on hunting. :)

jimi_dini

Hey guys,

How likely is it that Far Cry 3 will get another release on physical disc for PS3 with Blood Dragon included?

I would really like to play Blood Dragon as well, but I don't want to buy digital content. So it's either me buying Far Cry 3 now and no blood dragon, or I will just wait some more.

legacyzero

Banned
Hey guys,

How likely is it that Far Cry 3 will get another release on physical disc for PS3 with Blood Dragon included?

I would really like to play Blood Dragon as well, but I don't want to buy digital content. So it's either me buying Far Cry 3 now and no blood dragon, or I will just wait some more.

I think Blood Dragon really falls under "DLC" so I dont imagine it'll be in physical form unless UBI decides to do a "Game of the Year" edition.

I have just completed the mission deepthrought - I have about 5-7 missions left - I imagine the last few will all lead into eachother? How long do you reckon I am from the end?

I only ask because I won't be able to play for a month or so and want to get through the single player before taking the forced break! I reckon I will struggle to pick it back up in a month - will probably have forgotten all the game mechanics that have slowly come
Togethe

Pooya

^ you have something like 3-4 hours left tops, probably less. it's quite straight forward though and I'd say heavily scripted mostly. Easy to go through the rest quickly.

^ you have something like 3-4 hours left tops, probably less. it's quite straight forward though and I'd say heavily scripted mostly. Easy to go through the rest quickly.

Awesome thanks!

I am nervous that some of the side stuff like compounds will be harder to get back into and so I won't get to fully enjoy the game to the same degree as I otherwise would have done - but am quite happy to be able to get through the single player at least!

Raptomex

So I'm jumping back into this game for a second playthrough. This time on master difficulty. Anyone recommend any mods? I was looking at Ziggy's mod and the Rebalanced mod. Anyone try these?

So I'm jumping back into this game for a second playthrough. This time on master difficulty. Anyone recommend any mods? I was looking at Ziggy's mod and the Rebalanced mod. Anyone try these?

I used ziggy's mod right from the start and it was okay but I had some problems navigated the menus throughout the game for some reason. It was hard to tell what was being highlighted and what I was selecting. I switched to using the mod that totally gets rid of the minimap and have been playing with it ever since. It's a challenge especially playing on very hard but it's how I like to play shooters. Give it a shot and see which one you like.

Mod I use linked here http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/21/far-cry-3-mods-best/

Raptomex

Yeah, I saw that. The only thing I don't like about Ziggy's mod is it removes too much. I don't mind removing most of the annoying hud but stuff on the map like where animals are I find helpful so removing them would just annoy me. The rebalancing mod seems to increase enemy spawn rates among many similar gameplay changes Ziggys mod has. Although, Ziggys mod opens up both islands from the start. I don't know if the rebalancing mod does.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just got this for £14, don't know why because I didn't rate 2

Goddammit.
How frustrating and disappointing is it to play the FPS elements with tactics & gusto...only to find myself f'ing up the QuickTime events in this boss fight.
Stupid mechanic.

My brother got this for me in the Steam sale, I was always interested in playing it, but i was kind of turned off by the apparent shitty douche jumped up twat you play as and have to save.

Good lord single player looks huge from looking at the map, so much to do. Crafting is really, really annoying however, as is the music that plays whenever in menus (which i seem to be going into a lot), my ears take a pounding from the bass :|

It is fun though, as expected after playing Blood Dragon when that came out.

But what the hell did i just stumble across with co-op ! That scottish character is putting me in stitches, what a chavvy (i forget the scottish name for em) little bastard, but its funny having someone like this in a game for once. So much fun playing it, and i havent touched MP yet.

I didnt really follow what peoples opinions were on this game, but so far, for the £6 off spent on the game, there appears to be absolutely shit loads to do. God damn :eek:

Edit - Forgot to ask, performance with everything maxed (1080p, 4xAA, HDAO) is a consistent 30-40 FPS, i was wondering if there were any known "killer" settings that chew up the frame rate more than there worth, that i should turn off/lower ?

damn i was going to come in here and complain a bunch about things that were making me hate this game and then i read about ziggys mode and it fixes tons of it

i knew i should have looked up some mods before playing this :(

whatever im only like 7 hours in and im probably going to stop soon because i think ive had my fill of shooting dudes with arrows and the story is so terrible unless there is a MASSIVE TWIST i dont really care how it ends

SlickVic

Had a really weird issue with this game on PC where Uplay would crash every time it needed to auto save or give an achievement. Game would still run, but I'd be unable to save anything. Seems to have resolved after uninstalling/reinstalling Uplay, so hopefully that won't be an issue for me anymore.

Also, man does this game look pretty maxed out. I know it isn't that old of a game yet, but hearing all the issues with Ubi and PC optimization, I really wasn't expecting it to look or run quite as nice as it does.

Top Bottom