• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

legacyzero

Banned
Holy shit, what an update! They have A LOT of work to do to the multiplayer. I'm very hopeful about the "beta test" feature, but I fear the damage has already been done :(

Dead Man

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.

Shit yes. Best part of the damn game.

conman

So will Master difficulty just be the standard "tougher enemies, less health" BS? Or will we get some substantial tweaks to the skill, weapon, and upgrade trees?

So will Master difficulty just be the standard "tougher enemies, less health" BS? Or will we get some substantial tweaks to the skill, weapon, and upgrade trees?

I don't think they will change the upgrade trees. What they COULD change:

- XP received per action (less XP = harder to get upgrades)
- Better senses (vision/hearing) for guards/animals
- Less loot in human corspes/treasure chests
- Make everything more expensive
- Delay when weapons appear in shops

Also what's up with DLC for this game? Is there anything on the horizon? They should do a crazy side story about an island populated by dinosaurs...

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.

I just downloaded and installed the 1.04-patch for PS3 and I had all outposts conquered. But this option doesn't show up. :(

So I just bought this today and man I'm having a ton of fun.

After the first few missions (I now have to do to the doctor on an uncharted piece of the map), I'm just taking my time to hunt for animals and make my gear better.

A few questions:
- Will the pirates keep spawning in this piece of the map? I mean, once I've cleared all posts and all, will they still keep driving around everywere or will they slowly get back to other parts of the map?

- Is the level up system like, choose your path (the perks that best fit you) or do you gain enough experience throughout the game to max everything out?

- Any other tips for beginners?

Those patch notes are for a future patch. 1.04 is just some bug fixes.

Oh..

Thanks.

A few questions:
- Will the pirates keep spawning in this piece of the map? I mean, once I've cleared all posts and all, will they still keep driving around everywere or will they slowly get back to other parts of the map?

- Is the level up system like, choose your path (the perks that best fit you) or do you gain enough experience throughout the game to max everything out?

- Any other tips for beginners?

- No
- The latter
- Hunting wild animals at first and improving your equipment is a good idea, imo.

No idea - not my studio. (For now...)

It's all about that certification process.
Oh ok thanks.

In the meantime I picked up the $10 DLC pack. Not sure if I can say its great value for what you get but I'll be goddamned if Hurk isn't the funniest character in the whole game. Damn shame he got relegated to DLC, he should have been a main story quest line.

TAT BROTHERS

Ingram

I've hit a game stopping bug on the PC version and I can't seem to find anything on the Internet about it. In the mission Black Gold. When you get on the turret to hold back the enemy while Sam does his thing. After I kill all the enemies nothing happens and the game is stuck. I have replayed the particular checkpoint 4 times and the whole mission twice to the same outcome. I've abandoned the mission and will do some other stuff then come back to it. If it's still glitches on the 5th attempt then I'm finished with this game.

Klocker

ok I'm on the second island and
wing suited in of course,
but is there a way to use it again that I am missing?
thx

lmpaler

Anyone having trouble getting online? Last night it just sat there loading forever and I had to reboot the console and then it worked

Man that patch cannot arrive soon enough.
I know, I can't wait. Enemies are few and far between on my island, I need someone to fight damn it.

Other than the airport are there any guaranteed areas to find enemy troops after you finish the game and clear all the outposts?

Dead Man

I know, I can't wait. Enemies are few and far between on my island, I need someone to fight damn it.

Other than the airport are there any guaranteed areas to find enemy troops after you finish the game and clear all the outposts?

The cove near the prison on the top left most island out always has 5-8 guys there.

Edit: Every time I see this thread get bumped I get excited, then disappionted :(

friday

Awesome timing considering I just started replaying this game. I installed ziggys mod on PC. It's pretty nice compilation of things. The difficulty bump actually made hard mode really difficult. Made me bump down to normal mode. Biggest issue is that it makes crafting more complicated and the map no longer has animal icons on it. Honestly the crafting is kinda lame to begin with so this only frustrates me.

Increasing weapon range is the best thing about PC mods.

The_Monk

Hello fellow GAFfers, I was a bit late to this game but after finishing the Story I truly liked it. Did everything I could in Story mode aside from some Quests like hunting animals.

EDIT: Aaand, it's done. All co-op missions. :)

Hello everyone.

On the following two dates, the XBOX360 and the Playstation 3 online environment for FarCry 3 will be updated to version 1.05. Please not that during this maintenance, the online environment will be temporarily unavailable. Thank your for your patience.

Xbox360:
Tuesday 2013-03-05, 8:00 – 11:00 GMT

PS3:
Wednesday 2013-03-06, 13:30 – 16:30 GMT
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/756650-PATCH-1-05-Maintenance-notice?

Dries

Hmmm.. my standard FOV is 73.15, but that seems wrong. What is the "ideal" FOV value for a 1920 x 1080 resolution?

Dries

So how do you guys choose which skills to upgrade? The way I see it, there is a stealth tree, an in-between tree, and a "rambo" tree. Do you guys focus on one skill tree or kind of pick up which ones you want in whatever tree?

Dead Man

So how do you guys choose which skills to upgrade? The way I see it, there is a stealth tree, an in-between tree, and a "rambo" tree. Do you guys focus on one skill tree or kind of pick up which ones you want in whatever tree?

You'll have enough xp to max out all them, but there are a few skills that I found very useful. The knife takedown, the heavy beatdown, and the healing ones.

Top Bottom