• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

vypek

I just hate how it won't let you stab anyone with the throwing knives so frustrating. I just ended up running down the side of the map till i reached the tower/armoury and then ran the rest of the way to the end of the mission. Screw dealing with those dogs i'm outta here.

And yeah thankfully it gets better after that.

Yes, it got much better. And I beat the area the same way you did. I feel like its almost expected.

What i did (after a couple of tries)..

As i had
the infinite sprint, as soon as i did the 1st part (to get down from the cell area), i simply ran the entire work camp area top to bottom - took about a minute or so and that was it.

Really quite easy and yes i agree, that level is terrible.

Edit.
Ninja'd on the same exact way we did the mission :D

Best way to beat it. I was spotted and figured "oh well"

Applebite

Anyone know roughly how long it takes to unlock the Northern part of Kyrat? Honestly just playing for shits and giggles in co-op and now I'm forced to play single player so we can unlock the rest of the map.

Raxus

Just platinumed the game last night. It was pretty fun but I'd love a lot more meat for the sequel. This felt like a more streamlined Farcry 3.

Also, fuck every character that isn't Hurk or Pagan Ming. I wish I could side with Ming and kill the Golden Path. I'd have no regrets.

Anyone know roughly how long it takes to unlock the Northern part of Kyrat? Honestly just playing for shits and giggles in co-op and now I'm forced to play single player so we can unlock the rest of the map.
Mission 21.

Complete up to mission 24 and you have everything unlocked.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Can't wait to start playing this. Picked it up cheap brand new on eBay, been playing Dragon Age while waiting. Have a feeling this might push Dragon Age back a bit, even though I'm loving DA:I.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just started this game. Is it just a blatantly buggy mess or is something wrong with my computer? The intro sequence plays out, but I couldn't open the door to progress since the prompt won't come up. Reload. Open door to golden path guys, they just stand there still like lifeless models. Reload. sequence plays out and I run out to truck, truck didn't spawn...

Very good first impressions so far.

Edit: I hop in the truck and the AI doesn't respond, it just sits there while I get shot at...

Just platinumed the game last night. It was pretty fun but I'd love a lot more meat for the sequel. This felt like a more streamlined Farcry 3.

Also, fuck every character that isn't Hurk or Pagan Ming. I wish I could side with Ming and kill the Golden Path. I'd have no regrets.

What's your beef with Longinus and the little girl, bro?

No, it would be much less ridiculous. Plus its not like the animals still aren't aggressive and can be hard to hit in the head. It wouldn't be as easy as you're suggesting.

Yerp. 1 headshot = 1 kill is one of the core rules of game design, especially when you hit the fucking thing with a god damned arrow. Can seldomly add enemies that might not be killed by that, but it really should be sparsely used.

TBH it is kinda fair that rhinos and elephants dont die to one arrow to the head, given their skulls and all, but a honey badger? a cat? come on now. All you end up doing is making sure that the PC will always carry that OP signature LMG that is unlocked as soon as the game starts.

Raxus

Girl disappeared for 99% of the game. I liked her but she never got a personality for me to care about. I hated Longinus but there was only 4 missions with him and he only started to get interesting on the last one :-/. Maybe next game.

Fuck Willis.

So I talked to the little girl and she told me to check out the house of the main character's father. But I don't see anything on the map. Is it one of the existing mission markers?

Micerider

So I talked to the little girl and she told me to check out the house of the main character's father. But I don't see anything on the map. Is it one of the existing mission markers?

Not really explicit whem talking with her, but it's the location where you start Yogi's missions.

zychi

Banned
Any of you lttp for fc4, im selling a $35 uplay code. Accidentally bought two today. Going rate on gaf cuz of the amd promotion.

DrPizza

Banned

I found this far more confusing and unclear that it should have been: the Y mission marker is the objective for the Bhadra mission.

artsi

I found this far more confusing and unclear that it should have been: the Y mission marker is the objective for the Bhadra mission.

Yeah it's a strange solution to reveal what's at the objective, why not use the standard waypoint marker?

the amount of tampons, condoms and birth control pills i've found in the various scattered chests is staggering. what were they thinking when they decided what would be in the chests?

maybe they were showing how pointless it is to loot hundreds and hundreds of chests? nah.

MMaRsu

Banned
There is a demo you can download for this game on the psn store! I guess it downloads the full game as Ive had to download an update file as well.

Randam

am at the prison escape mission too.

first part was annoying already.
the shangri la ghost you couldn't kill..

now I'm at the bottom.
are you even supposed to kill the guys with your knifes?
need 2 or 3 for a normal soldier.

btw.: 63% after 24 hours and 56 minutes.

the amount of tampons, condoms and birth control pills i've found in the various scattered chests is staggering. what were they thinking when they decided what would be in the chests?

maybe they were showing how pointless it is to loot hundreds and hundreds of chests? nah.

At least in FC you can pretty much loot chests on the move. Wish it was the same for corpses.

In asscreed to this day it is stop, kneel, do the animation, get nearly insignificant amount of moolah.

Keep adding those seconds of play time, ubi.

Hamlet

now I'm at the bottom.

Just make a run for it. That's what I did to get past that level.

MacBosse

now I'm at the bottom.

Hold left in the valley, look for the tower. It's LOADED with guns for you to steal.

SJRB

Gold Member
There is a demo you can download for this game on the psn store! I guess it downloads the full game as Ive had to download an update file as well.

You're in for a rude awakening, as it's not a demo. It's for Key to Kyrat coop. If you don't have a key, don't bother downloading dude.

Ruff

The Yogi missions are so dull... Here, run around for 5 minutes with nothing to do but go forward while the screen goes different colors. Yawn.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Yerp. 1 headshot = 1 kill is one of the core rules of game design, especially when you hit the fucking thing with a god damned arrow. Can seldomly add enemies that might not be killed by that, but it really should be sparsely used.

TBH it is kinda fair that rhinos and elephants dont die to one arrow to the head, given their skulls and all, but a honey badger? a cat? come on now. All you end up doing is making sure that the PC will always carry that OP signature LMG that is unlocked as soon as the game starts.

Yeah, Ill go with the Rhino and elephants but I just shoot them with a sniper from afar. It's much easier killing them with 1-2 hits that way instead of spending forever trying to kill them with a bow

now I'm at the bottom.

Worst part of the game so far me. Not horrible just annoying, especially the first part. Northen Kyrat is amazing though.

I don't even bother hunting with the bow anymore. It just takes too many hits to kill anything. If I sneak up on a badger and hit it in the head I expect to kill it. It feels easier to kill people covered in body armor than even small animals.

Anyone experiencing random freezing with the PS4 version? I've been playing for about 20 hours fine, but last night it froze for the first time during a big explosion and, although it did eventually resume gameplay, the problem has reoccurred multiple times and not just when there's a load of action on the screen. Seems to happen when transitioning in or out of a menu as well, or entering/exiting through a door. Very annoying.

vypek

Anyone experiencing random freezing with the PS4 version? I've been playing for about 20 hours fine, but last night it froze for the first time during a big explosion and, although it did eventually resume gameplay, the problem has reoccurred multiple times and not just when there's a load of action on the screen. Seems to happen when transitioning in or out of a menu as well, or entering/exiting through a door. Very annoying.

My game froze for half a second two times over the 30+ hours that I played. It was always during cinematics though.

Joco

Earned the platinum today. Really enjoyed the game a lot, hopefully there's some solid DLC that makes the game worth coming back to in the future.

For the future of the series, however, I have a hard time seeing myself coming back for a Far Cry 5 unless they do something to change up the formula. FC4 is basically FC3 with a different skin, which in this case was fine because all I really wanted was more of FC3. But in the future, I'd want something more different.

FC4 is basically FC3 with a different skin, which in this case was fine because all I really wanted was more of FC3. But in the future, I'd want something more different.

Well, in 6+ assassin's creed titles, the biggest change they ever made was adding a boat, so you've got changes of such staggering scope to look forward to.

jacobeid

Banned
Beat the game and sidequests with a 51% completion rating in 20 hours and 17 minutes.

Had fun, but the glitches I mentioned in previous posts have me going to trade the game in today instead of going for the platinum or get 100%.

Not really explicit whem talking with her, but it's the location where you start Yogi's missions.

Thanks!

So do the main missions become longer and/or more elaborate? Because I feel like I've barely started the game but was surprised to find out that I've completed 9/32 main missions.

MacBosse

Earned the platinum today. Really enjoyed the game a lot, hopefully there's some solid DLC that makes the game worth coming back to in the future.

For the future of the series, however, I have a hard time seeing myself coming back for a Far Cry 5 unless they do something to change up the formula. FC4 is basically FC3 with a different skin, which in this case was fine because all I really wanted was more of FC3. But in the future, I'd want something more different.

Yeah I don't see them changing up the "Far Cry Formula" anytime soon. I would however like to see some sort of addition of Shadow of Mordors Nemesis-system. That would probably work way better in Assassins Creed but hey, gotta give some new cool features a try!

As for new setting, yeah thats hard. Kyrat is such an awesome place to traverse.

Beaulieu

Just started this game. Is it just a blatantly buggy mess or is something wrong with my computer? The intro sequence plays out, but I couldn't open the door to progress since the prompt won't come up. Reload. Open door to golden path guys, they just stand there still like lifeless models. Reload. sequence plays out and I run out to truck, truck didn't spawn...

Very good first impressions so far.

Edit: I hop in the truck and the AI doesn't respond, it just sits there while I get shot at...

version on torrent sites isnt the final build.

DrPizza

Banned
Worst part of the game so far me. Not horrible just annoying, especially the first part. Northen Kyrat is amazing though.

Guys, you did find the weapons cache on the left hand side shortly before the gate to the prison, yes? The weapons cache and the high up vantage point perfect for sniping? The thing that let you clear out the mass of bad guys at the end, so you didn't have to somehow sneak past them?

vypek

Guys, you did find the weapons cache on the left hand side shortly before the gate to the prison, yes? The weapons cache and the high up vantage point perfect for sniping? The thing that let you clear out the mass of bad guys at the end, so you didn't have to somehow sneak past them?

I sure didn't. Lol. Really would have helped

This "you are leaving the mission area, return to the mission area or fail the mission" is some flaming garbage. I've got five enemies within 15 meters of me, and I can't fall back? Suck me. FC2 shits on this game.

Top Bottom