• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Anyone experiencing random freezing with the PS4 version?

Got little over 18 hours of game time so far, and have experience freezing twice. Both of which happen within the first 6 hours of playing. And I was just walking and running when it froze up for a second or two.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Anyone experiencing random freezing with the PS4 version? I've been playing for about 20 hours fine, but last night it froze for the first time during a big explosion and, although it did eventually resume gameplay, the problem has reoccurred multiple times and not just when there's a load of action on the screen. Seems to happen when transitioning in or out of a menu as well, or entering/exiting through a door. Very annoying.

I've had the game freeze for 3 or 4 seconds once in 10 hours of gameplay.

Gray Matter

Anyone experiencing random freezing with the PS4 version? I've been playing for about 20 hours fine, but last night it froze for the first time during a big explosion and, although it did eventually resume gameplay, the problem has reoccurred multiple times and not just when there's a load of action on the screen. Seems to happen when transitioning in or out of a menu as well, or entering/exiting through a door. Very annoying.

Nope. 25 hours of playtime and nothing wrong. Except for the occasional framerate drop.

Couple of (probably stupid) questions:

-Any reliable place I can find a Bharal? I go to the area where they are supposed to be but I just find tons and tons of Sambar. It's driving me nuts because I am desperate to upgrade my wallet space.

-For syringe crafting- are they used when you craft them or are they stored? Because if it's the latter how do you access them? I crafted three hunting syringes but cannot figure out how to select and activate them.

-Any reliable place I can find a Bharal? I go to the area where they are supposed to be but I just find tons and tons of Sambar. It's driving me nuts because I am desperate to upgrade my wallet space.

-For syringe crafting- are they used when you craft them or are they stored? Because if it's the latter how do you access them? I crafted three hunting syringes but cannot figure out how to select and activate them.

For the syringes you bring up the weapon wheel and press R1 (on PS4)...that brings up the syringe wheel and then you just select the one you want to use or craft

Gray Matter

I had the same problem. Turns out the Bharal looks like a mountain goat.

I completed the story.

Meh.

It got a little better as soon as I unlocked the north, but it still wasn't anything to write home about. I enjoyed switching things up and using the Buzzsaw, though. Goddamn that gun is OP.

Also,
does killing Pagan Min mean I can't scatter my mother's ashes? I chose to kill him and haven't had any notification telling me to go to a specific location to scatter them. ...I thought this was the entire point of Ajay being in Kyrat?

Strider

I've gotten every trophy besides 2 hidden (campaign) ones, liberate all outposts, and learning all of the skills.

Guess it's time to finally do campaign missions and unlock the north...

Randam

It's a campaign mission called
A Key to the North

The mission itself is VERY clear on what needs to be done.

it wasn't.

you had to leave the truck and kill the people protecting the gate first.
thought I had to run the truck into the gate.
because the last time I was there I got killed immediately.

and now I'm trying to climb up the first radio tower in the north and I can't make a jump on the 2nd platform.

there is a gap and then a ledge with ropes where the "climp" command comes up.

SJRB

Gold Member
it wasn't.

you had to leave the truck and kill the people protecting the gate first.
thought I had to run the truck into the gate.
because the last time I was there I got killed immediately.

and now I'm trying to climb up the first radio tower in the north and I can't make a jump on the 2nd platform.

there is a gabe and then a ledge with ropes where the "climp" command comes up.

You're supposed to run the truck into the gate. Pedal to the medal across the bridge and you get a prompt to bail out right before the truck hits.

Randam

I drove it to the gate.
got out and got shot.
idk.
next time i sniped everyone, drove the truck in front of the gate, left it and then blew it up with granades.

btw.: how the hell do I conquer radio towers from the gyrocopter?

copter kills me, or I just fall down.. -_-
because all the jumping inside the towers is annoying..

Gray Matter

I fucked up.

In order for unlock "soft landing" skill I have to liberate 2 outpost without being detected and I already liberated all the easy ones :(.

Getting this platinum will be harder than I though.

Ruff

I fucked up.

In order for unlock "soft landing" skill I have to liberate 2 outpost without being detected and I already liberated all the easy ones :(.

Nah it's easy as hell, grab a silenced sniper rifle, find an outpost with a good vantage point and oneshot all the guard one by one. Easy as pie even on the fortresses.

jediyoshi

As long as you have a suppressed sniper rifle, not getting detected doing the northern outposts is pretty easy since you can take as much time as you want. More often than not, the outposts are situated at the base of a cliffside or hilltop. Only outposts that might give you trouble are the ones with mortars if you don't keep track of them.

Are you having trouble landing it at the top? The copter's collision is so small, there aren't many towers that don't have any room for you to land up there with. Then again I played on PC so it was a bit easier to do the fine adjustments.

Ruff

Don't land on the roof, just fly right inside on the top floor where the radio is and park there.

Bluth54

I fucked up.

Yeah that's really easy to get, the enemies can detect the dead bodies, they just can't spot you, so you can use a silenced sniper rifle on an outpost that has a high ridge by it and just kill everyone easily without them seeing you.

valkyre

I just finished the game. I got the good ending and i absolutely loved the game. I still am going to explore this wonderful world more.

But first i had to see the other endings on youtube. So I saw the bad ending and the "other" ending.

The"other" ending FLOORED me... I dont think that this thing has ever been done before in a game. It is outstanding and in fact it makes you feel like you got a great mindfuck. It is not cheap, it is not bullshit, it is clever and by God it makes you see the entire game in a whole different perspective. Kudos to the guy who had the idea, and the balls to implement it, huge respect!

TheZink

Serious question. How much nudity is in this game? I try not to play games(same for movies)with nudity out of respect for my wife. I know it's in the game but is it avoidable? Thanks guys

mf luder

Couple of questions, is there any reason not to sell anything other than animal skins? All the other stuff like scalpels , condoms, diamonds etc should all be sold, right ? And should I buy the recurve bow the first chance I get? I'm not going to get it any other way?

Couple of questions, is there any reason not to sell anything other than animal skins? All the other stuff like scalpels , condoms, diamonds etc should all be sold, right ? And should I buy the recurve bow the first chance I get? I'm not going to get it any other way?

Use autosell. It will sell everything you can't use (including animal skins that you have no more need for). Buy every weapon you want when you want it. Money is plentiful.

AKyemeni

I just finished the game and buying that last signature weapon, the buzzkill or whatever made the rest of the game so trivial lol.

Spat_triate

Use autosell. It will sell everything you can't use (including animal skins that you have no more need for). Buy every weapon you want when you want it. Money is plentiful.

On that note: I don't get why they just don't give you money. What's the point of looting random syringes and condoms only to have no other option but to sell them?

Gray Matter

Just finished the game.

Spoilers

i decided to kill sabal, let Amita control the Golden Path. After that happened the story took a dive. I actually enjoy the story up to the last few mission. Also in my ending pagan said that Mohan killed ajay's half sister, they didn't even explain how she came to be and how ashwari and pagan got together. In the end I let pagan live because I truly saw no point in killing him, I do wonder where the fuck he went.

My GOTY 2014 for sure.

saunderez

On that note: I don't get why they just don't give you money. What's the point of looting random syringes and condoms only to have no other option but to sell them?
It's just a mechanism to slow down earning money. If you didn't have a limited inventory and limited wallet you'd be drowning in money in the first few hours of the game.

Hugstable

Banned
Serious question. How much nudity is in this game? I try not to play games(same for movies)with nudity out of respect for my wife. I know it's in the game but is it avoidable? Thanks guys

Only 1 small scene in the game, and she stays around that area where the scene occured, but you don't really have to go there much if you don't care for the arena.

Unfortunately, no. Most PC players seem to be plagued by bad stuttering even on super high end rigs.

When you say stuttering, I've been seeing the game run absolutely fantastic, everything on Ultra on my 970. However just randomly the game will stop like a load is happening for a second. Is that the stutter? I was thinking it was just my processor being a bottleneck, i5-2300, or running the game off an external, would be a great relief to hear it's just a problem with the game.

Top Bottom