• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
djtiesto said:
Maybe if this woman spent as much time on the elliptical as she did writing this article, she wouldn't have to complain... feminism has already ruined much of the traditional dynamic of male - female relationships (see: no fault divorce), now it has to ruin gaming too.
feminism ruined Beast Wars :(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BobTheFork said:
The name is what hooked everyone on this game when they only had 8 seconds of footage in a giant montage, they need to keep it. Although, "plus-sized Princess" is making me laugh...nah

All of the suggested "weaker" names that people want to avoid would honestly be far more patronizing and insulting to fat acceptance people imo. Fundamentally, they would have to do away with the "fat princess" altogether, no band aid like that would work.

Threi

notag
I think she's full of shit.

And you know what i have two fat friends and im half-fat myself (or at least 1/8th) so my opinions are valid.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
WasabiKing said:
Now someone put up the WHY SO SERIOUS Joker image so this thread can be awesome.

fat2.jpg

Dali

Threi said:
I think she's full of shit.

And you know what i have two fat friends and im half-fat myself (or at least 1/8th) so my opinions is valid.

So you've got like a fat grand parent or something?

I really don't care too much about Fat Princess, but I hope they keep the name because it does hilarious things with Google AdSense. I just got a banner (NOT BONER) for BBWCupid.com.

Cdammen

twinturbo2 said:
I wonder if she knows about Bob from Tekken 6.
No that's OK, he's a man.

But seriously we've seen many fat dudes in video games but almost no women. And now when we get one people start bitching.

GeoramA

She's not a princess, so why is she mad?

Maybe if the game was called "Fat Ugly Lane Bryant-Shopping Skank" she would be justified.

Threi

notag
Dali said:
So you've got like a fat grand parent or something?
Yeah i got roots. Stupid ignorant people act like i dont know what the deal is, but i got fat heritage myself you know.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Cdammen said:
She didn't get the royalties? Hang in there. Sony's check is on its way :(

:lol

(EDIT) Oh the comments! They're killing me! :lol

okapav.jpg

Shop by Himuro.

LMFAO!!!! :lol I was waiting for something like this, GAF never disappoints.

Teknoman

You'd think she wouldnt complain. You have to keep the princess safe. Its not like they made in into a bad guy. Also if she doesnt like that, she should excercise.

tanod

when is my burrito
The majority of American adults are certifiably overweight or obese. Her complaint is about as absurd as white people thinking they're being targeted by racial profiling.

Dali

Threi said:
Yeah i got roots. Stupid ignorant people act like i dont know what the deal is, but i got fat heritage myself you know.
I hear that. Be proud of your heritage. BTW where are they from... Wales?

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress, folks.

pogo pita

Neo Member
djtiesto said:
Maybe if this woman spent as much time on the elliptical as she did writing this article, she wouldn't have to complain... feminism has already ruined much of the traditional dynamic of male - female relationships (see: no fault divorce), now it has to ruin gaming too.
Just to be clear, you do know that there is no such thing as a "traditional dynamic of male - female relationships", don't you. Times change - so does traditions.

ZeroEdge

OMFG I'm reading this thread thinking man way to go overboard obviously it's a comical game, blood is being spilled everywhere, little cartoony characters are touting around obese princess and killing the others team in the process for fucks sake how do you find offense in this? Anyway I get a chuckle out of the thread and just about as I'm about to leave this thread I notice the ad banner at the top of the post:

voykr8.jpg

Priceless :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Even if heteronormative is standard usage English, how the hell is Fat Princess heteronormative? Is the Princess fat AND gay?

Crisis

Banned
Speevy at the blog said:
Your butt is wide, well mine is too.

You better watch your mouth, or I'll sit on you.

The word is out. You better treat me right.

Cuz' I'm the king of cellulite.

:lol :lol :lol

mollipen

I typically stay away from garbage like this, but the moron I can be sometimes, I posted a reply over there. People who are always looking for something to offend them just bug me.

Teknoman

WasabiKing said:
Wow, I see loads of bans...

In all seriousness, I don't see the problem. There's a princess, and she's FAT. Not chunky, not thick, not plump, or other shit that people say to be nice. Now someone put up the WHY SO SERIOUS Joker image so this thread can be awesome.

I hope you kind folks at Titan Studios do not cave into pressure and change the name of the game.

Just to throw in my two cents, thick usually means something else, not just being fat as a whole. Unless my slang terminology needs updating.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Y2Kev said:
Even if heteronormative is standard usage English, how the hell is Fat Princess heteronormative? Is the Princess fat AND gay?

I'm going to assume it's the "help the princess" trope that she sees as heteronormative.

DaFish

From the comments...

lol, sorry :lol

Violent said:
You have a problem with fat chicks in games.
You have a problem with thin chicks in games.
You have a problem with blonde and buxom chicks in games.
Hold your breath all you want but Final Fantasy Tacos ain't coming.

Hi Gaf! Wheres my damned approval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom