• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatbitch2.jpg

Shrek would not hit.

KongRudi

Banned
Can't they see that Sony is just thinking about the health of their future consumers?

They started with folding@home, to cure cancer and similar.
Now they tries to encourage princesses to worry about obesity, incase of kidnapping by enemy nations.

I don't see anything wrong by that, Sony is only nice people trying to do their bit in making this world a better place. :-/

MrDaravon

acidviper said:
Is there a black or hispanic princess or only fat white princesses?

:lol :lol

Also laughing forever at how serious some of the people commenting on that blog are, wow. Someone needs to get over themselves, and I know just the flavor of ice cream that will helpppppp

they should just go all the way and call it big booty princess (with the subtitle "yes, 'princess' is her real name!" in tiny print under) and have you feed her fried chicken and watermelon.

yes i am joking, and also, ***** redeemed, look at all the personal attacks!

MrDaravon

The Faceless Master said:
yes i am joking, and also, dyack redeemed, look at all the personal attacks!

I made my comment non-specific to be on the safe side, but most of the posts in this thread are probably fine since it's not a specific poster or post HERE that's being made fun of.

Fizzle

How can someone be offended by this?

Unless if it says in big capital letters on the screen " THIS IS YOU", then it does'nt make sense.

I'd tell her to go eat a dick, but by the looks of her she might literally go and bite some poor lonely souls manhood right off.

fat hating.....wow.

pringles

could someone explain to me just what is offensive about the princess being fat?
cause I'm really not getting it.

they talk about "sterotypes".. what stereotypes? if you sit around and eat a lot of cake, you gain weight? yeah, that's not true at all.
if anything, this is a step in the right direction, unlike all the super-thin, big-tittied ladies that fight wars in only their underwear that we see in so many other games.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
"—but the only thing I can't figure out is why anyone would want to rescue a fat princess in the first place, since everyone knows that fat girls are unlovable human garbage at whom any sensible bloke would sooner hurl invective than cast a longing glance."

This bit is just plain weird...it's not ironic, it's not clever, it's just weird and presumptious

"Anyway, congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes. It's not often I have the opportunity to congratulate a cutting-edge tech company on such splendiferous retrofuck jackholery. Way to go! The Fat Princess of Shakes Manor salutes you."

heteronormative??? why is she bringing sexual orientation into it?

fat-hating??? if it was going to engender fat-hating I doubt the aim would be to rescue her.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LMFAO @ this whole thread. Jeezus, put this one in the archives :lol :lol :lol .

For the record, it's BS that this is even a big deal.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I don't understand why that woman is offended at all. She's a "fat activist", right?

And here's a game whose -central character- is a fat woman. Not only that, but she's showing that big is beautiful... and beneficial. The more you eat and refuse to walk anywhere instead opting to sit at your computer and complain about how everyone is so mean to you because you're fat, the harder it is for the enemy to dislodge you. It shows benefit to being obese and lazy.

Isn't that pretty much what fat activists are fighting for?

All the hateful Fat Princess comments sent her to the ER!
Actually, from the sound of her mysterious ailment it could be Gout, caused by her sedentary,
PS2-hating lifestyle.

Too bad S-A isn't involved here...it reminds me of their amazing bout against that Asperger's chick.

krzyspc

Banned
"Have you run any marathons? Played basketball with the local high court team? "

Can't believe the asked her that, the bitch can bearly walk, maybe she stood up and crushed her leg. A Marathon, that is rich!

J-Rzez

Sick and tired of people like this. If you don't like yourself, strive to change yourself for your own perceived better. If you're secure about yourself, you wouldn't get all up in arms over something so stupid and trivial as a game like this. What about cartoons that make fun of overweight people? What about reality shows on tv? Talk shows? Movies? No no, target something small like a game with a gimmick.

This is not a form of racism what so ever, and just a desperate cry for attention to say you got a huge corporation to bend to your selfish will.

The pics and comments didn't disappoint here as usual though :lol

How long was this fat movement around though? Was it before or after that episode of Family Guy?

arne

FlyinJ said:
I don't understand why that woman is offended at all. She's a "fat activist", right?

And here's a game whose -central character- is a fat woman. Not only that, but she's showing that big is beautiful... and beneficial. The more you eat and refuse to walk anywhere instead opting to sit at your computer and complain about how everyone is so mean to you because you're fat, the harder it is for the enemy to dislodge you. It shows benefit to being obese and lazy.

Isn't that pretty much what fat activists are fighting for?

pretty much, although it was delivered in a fairly ineffectual, vague argument. and i'm still struggling how heteronormative even applies here as, as far as I can tell, we haven't been privy to the princess's sexual orientation or proclivities. and prejudice against chubby folks isn't just a straight issue.

moral of the story: get your argument straight before writing it on the internet.

Flo_Evans

arne said:
pretty much, although it was delivered in a fairly ineffectual, vague argument. and i'm still struggling how heteronormative even applies here as, as far as I can tell, we haven't been privy to the princess's sexual orientation or proclivities. and prejudice against chubby folks isn't just a straight issue.

moral of the story: get your argument straight before writing it on the internet.

I think she was saying "heteronormative" more in reference to gender roles i.e. the princess can do nothing but sit there and eat cake, needs men to come rescue her, ect. But yeah it's still quite a stretch. I personally hate when people try and use "big" words to sound intelligent out of context.

I think it would be awesome if you feed her too much she could start eating your guys :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
As much as this Fat princess hate is ludicrous, it makes me sad a lot of the replies to the blogs were just "Lol lol lol, you're stupid". I mean, in situations like these, proving people wrong with eloquent and well thought out arguments is so much more fulfilling.

My 2 cents? Bitches got their panties in a knot.

Belgand

First off, she's fat only because it presents an impediment to carrying her back home. It is never made to be a comment on her self-worth in any way, just a simple matter of physics.

While the dynamic reads as a bit cliched and stereotypical it isn't as deep into it as it could normally be. It's not some handsome prince rescuing a fair maiden because there are limited dating opportunities where he's from. These are the loyal vassals of their lord who are merely attempting to regain their kidnapped princess. The concept of kidnapping nobles is a pretty old one and the chance that a princess would be the one kidnapped is, well, we don't even know the odds because we don't know about any other children. Maybe the monarch only has a daughter.

If anything this game is subverting the dominant paradigm by saying that it doesn't matter if you're morbidly obese or not, it's our duty to rescue you even if it puts us in significant peril.

So M'am, if you'd just quiet down, I'd be happy to treat you to a garbage bag full of popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom