• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFreak

Banned
I don't see how this game is fat hating, seems to me it's fat loving. Think about it.

Each team loves their Princess so much, they want to make it harder for the enemy to capture her, not only that, but there are 16 people willing to lay their life down to keep her safe. Seems to me, these guys love fat chicks, and I'm willing to love this one too.

Shiggie

Oh here it goes!
cast.jpg

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
There is a princess and getting her fat is a gameplay mechanic. Not anti-fat. Merely stating the obvious: The fatter you are the harder you are to move.

Tedesco!

Interesting thread over there. Quick question: Does being a feminist automatically entitle them to false sense of superiority? They seem to be pretty quick to throw out labels. Aren't they, in the end, just being hypocritical?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Kagari said:
This thread is full of comedy gold.
And cake.
Bancake

I honestly don't know what kind of reaction she was expecting. People should know that you should be really careful when you directly attack a community of people on the internet, especially nerds. Things tend to escalate, and hilarity ensues.

atomsk

Party Pooper
if they change the name to pacify people i'm not buying it.

it was the same with the Snakes on a Plane/Pacific Air Flight 121 bullshit

when you've got a name that immediately evokes the concept you're conveying, you stick with it.

SNAKES ON A MOTHERFUCKING PLANE

How insecure do you have to be to say something like that..., some people are so sensitive.

I wonder just how much she hates Eddie Murphy?

beef3483

Wait. There is such a thing as a fat activist? So we now have people telling other people it's okay to be obese? What we will rationalize next? Sometimes people scare me.

takotchi

beef3483 said:
Wait. There is such a thing as a fat activist? So we now have people telling other people it's okay to be obese? What we will rationalize next? Sometimes people scare me.

Sheesh, where have you been? :lol Nah, I'm just messing with you... but really, they've been around for quite a while. It's pretty sad.

Also: I totally called this one. As soon as I saw that game, I told my friend "some fat group is going to be all over this". I just didn't think it'd take this long.

Shiggie said:
Oh here it goes!
cast.jpg

Kenan got so fat as the show went on. And then his voice changed for some reason after Season 2, even though he was 19.

At least there were some funny episodes in Season 3. Season 4 sucked complete and total ass. :\

Bizzyb

Banned
What's the deal with Fat people being mad at the fact they are fat?

If the feel so strongly about it, why don't they take the necessary measurements to lose weight? Like, working out, and not eating so damn much?

Fewr

Erm.. whoever ryan is, well done. The posts here are quite good: http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-note_22.html#disqus_thread

EDIT: Still, they get responses such as this:
someone called lizard said:
Ryan, SHUT THE EVERLOVING FUCK UP. You're on a get-well thread lecturing a community of feminists about feminism. It's idiotic and disrespectful. Shoo.
Go away! we don't tolerate people who disagree with us, even if they are polite! Garrr!!

Wow, I didn't even bother entering this thread until now because I assumed it was going to be some kind of promotional interview featuring the game's character. Holy shit.

Personnaly "Fat" is not the first word I have in mind when I see her... It's "atroceous" that comes first.
Sure she doesn't have to bother to do sports or eat less. She will be ugly even with 30kg less.
And this finger, how delicate and charming this his. It really doesn't deserve her cause.

Speaking about the game I'm sorry but fat is a real word. Just go look in a dictionary and you'll see that the character of the game actually match the "Fat princess" definition.

And this topics replies are really delivering. The photoshop of the ingame picture is pure gold :lol

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I really don't see what's here problem, the princess is fat okay but the goal is to save her no matter what she looks like. Maybe her problem is the fact that as she's fat she will be harder to move... But hey I'm myself a bit overweight and I don't have any problem understanding that someone who is fat is HEAVIER than someone who isn't...

Either she's an attention whore, a retard, a stupid cunt who can't love herself because society told her to do so or a bit of the three...

Who the fuck said fat people were ugly, I have often been attracted to girls with more "meat on the bones" than standard beauty cannons. I know I'm far from being the only one... Shit I've been bullied ever since school about this and it stopped at like 6 years old when I understood I better smart up.

"Hey fattie you are fat!!"
"Waow as if I didn't knew moron, you up for Hide and Seek or what?"
"...yeah..."

Go cry in your corner miss and let people have fun.

omg... I just read her recent post and all the comments below.

I SALUTE you RYAN! Whoever you are, you're my hero! I felt really upset at the way they just lashed back at you like that. We need more posters like him to make them see things in more grounded perspectives.

I've posted something to back you up!

Tedesco! said:
Interesting thread over there. Quick question: Does being a feminist automatically entitle them to false sense of superiority? They seem to be pretty quick to throw out labels. Aren't they, in the end, just being hypocritical?

I live with a girl who has just completed a PhD in English Literature focusing on post colonialism and feminism, and I date a girl who is completing a PhD on feminist art, these two girls are true feminists; intelligent, educated, rational people that have learned about and understand the ethics and opinions of women in the field. This fat girl is not a feminist.

dancmc

I hate this crap. "fat hating, heteronormative" the norm in nature is for human beings to be both heterosexual and not fat

Aaron

dancmc said:
I hate this crap. "fat hating, heteronormative" the norm in nature is for human beings to be both heterosexual and not fat
So you think polar bears and sea lions should slim down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom