• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FATAL FURY: CotW |Announcement Trailer

I don't care about this. I always prefered Real Bout to Mark of the Wolves. But they revealed this at the end of a KoF XV tournament, so where the hell is the fix for the advance strike bullshit haphazardly thrown into KoF XV's final updates? At least let me rollback the shitty updates and play offline.
Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

Last edited:

K' Dash

I don't care about this. I always prefered Real Bout to Mark of the Wolves. But they revealed this at the end of a KoF XV tournament, so where the hell is the fix for the advance strike bullshit haphazardly thrown into KoF XV's final updates? At least let me rollback the shitty updates and play offline.
Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

They're two different beasts, maybe later they'll release Real Bout. You should be grateful they still exist and support SNK.

They're two different beasts, maybe later they'll release Real Bout. You should be grateful they still exist and support SNK.
I am not throwing 70$ into the wishing well so that Playmore might take a crack at a sequel to Real Bout and screw it up like they did with the final updates to KoF XV.

After that KoF XV debacle I will only support a Capcom Arcade Stadium quality treatment for NeoGeo library at a reasonable price point (individual game cost <= 4 USD).

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

maybe later they'll release Real Bout.
I dunno why they would unless there’s some story to be told that takes place between Real Bout and MoTW. Unless you’re after another “It was just a dream” game.

Geese died in Real Bout but that’s OKAY. Better to have something end and that’s it instead of dragging it out 10, 20, or 30 years or more with an unsolved cliffhanger.

Last edited:
I love the way this looks. Only thing I don't like are the sound effects which have this extremely high pitched timber. That could become bothersome to my ears.

This is my fav artstyle though out of the recent SBK games. The gameplay looks very similar to Kof 15 though. Woulda liked it to separate itself a bit more.

Early 2025 seems like the right time for release.

CamHostage

Cool to see SNK fighters coming through so strong. The switch from sprites to polygons will always leave memories of what once was, but they've come a long way from their first goes with 3D.

The cel-shading isn't very accurate here, but it's a fast-moving fighting game and it looks stylish even if you are in up close, plus also the characters separate from the backgrounds well. (That said, I don't really love the background rendering style... not a lot of specification to it, plus it looks a lot like SF5's Bustling Side Street.) I'm not sure where the concept of painterly styles comes into both FF and SF (Capcom with its graffiti and sumi-e graphic effects, this adding comic book stipple and also sort of shrinkydink/sticker effects in special triggers,) but it's fun in both cases.

Looking forward to it.

They nailed the feeling of impact perfectly thanks to emphasis on those keyframes. Like, the hits LOOK like they hurt, which is something I kinda feel SF6 doesn't quite land the same way (though that game is going for a somewhat more natural/realistic approach).

SF6 probably has the better character models though at least technically speaking. But that's hard to say for sure without more COTW footage. Really though, I'm just so glad the franchise is getting a new installment after 2+ decades. MOTW is one of the most slept-on 2D fighters ever and I hope COTW gets the Fatal Fury series the respect it's always deserved.

fersnake

I'm going to be that guy, it's no Mark of the Wolves which was beautiful and amazing. But it's an interesting artistic take. I'm curious what the Microtransactions will look like, if they have them.
man you are right love that game, the art style was fire. but well better get this type of 3d toon like than anything.

kunonabi

All I ask is that they don’t fuck with Mai’s titties.
I'm pretty sure we'll be fine. SNK has gotten the message loud and clear about Mai several times. Although with Preecha who knows since it looks like dipping they're into the gender stuff like everyone else.

kunonabi

Watched Wong's video and I'm really liking the sound of it. It's shares a lot with SF6 but the implementation sounds much better. Much like the first Garou compared to 3S. Damage still seems a little high but that can always be tweaked.

RAIDEN1

They had to adopt this art-style to keep it in sync with its biggest competitor Streetfighter 6, it would have been surprising if they went for the King of Fighters 13 look...but how well this competes against the other kings of fighters, ie Tekken 8 and Streetfighter 6 remains to be seen..

Top Bottom