• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
what i need, millions of Zerk monuments and Caster pieces/monumets
what i got,

sXAtvkx.png

Disregard I just woke up.

KaleidoJETS Wave 1
Excalibur/Photon Ray Wave 2. Except for Gil. Beat up Gil.
Beat up Nero.

Should be doable. Up until she spams the hell out of Imp.Privilege and gains like 6 Def Buffs.

Just started this game because I was feeling a bit bored with my mobile mainstays for a while. I kept seeing this in top grossing lists and what not, so I decided to give this a spin. I only know a little about the Fate series from picking up random facts when I was an anime fan in my distant youth. (It's like Persona only the mythological character designs are less abstract and the personas sorta live with you and stuff. And some of them have their gender switched, like King Arthur. Right?)

I'm really enjoying the game so far! The battle system is pretty simple, but I'm not tired of it yet. I've muscled through the first chapter and just started the second, but I'm trying to focus on leveling my crew with the daily challenges for a while, so my support list is worth half a damn. I got Emiya as my tutorial four star, I've already ascended him and Caster Cu once so they're my main team. It also kinda works story-wise, since I'm a newb in and out of the universe and they are very mentor-ly. It didn't take long for me to form a soft spot for them. (And Mash. And Saber Lily even though she stopped being useful by the end of the chapter.)

I really like the small details and touches that give the Servants their personalities, like the unique battle animations and voice clips. (Mash playing with the Quartz fragments and then getting embarrassed was super cute.) Some of these designs are really out there, like Dancer of the Boreal Valley Lancelot and Hulk-ules or Bikini Model Lady Attila the Hun complete with Rainbow Laser Sword, but I think having a mix of more grounded and more out-there designs give this universe its own personality. Even if some designs dumb, there's also a lot of characters that I think are really cute and/or cool. Some of these Servants are flat out hilarious, like how Leonidas loves math, but the game points out that he only brought out 300 soldiers against the Persians. I'm a big mythology nerd, so I'm having fun unearthing this game's unique take on my favourite characters and stories.

As an intro to the universe, though, it is a little confusing. A lot of info dumping and technobabble, at least at first. Character banter has been pretty amusing, though. And I think most of the Servants I've managed to nab are very charming. Plot-wise, there's some padding and some cliche beats, but there's also been a number of stand out moments. I really liked the scene with Olga Marie at the end of chapter 1 and Dark Jeanne's speech at the beginning of chapter 2; they were very intense. Anyway, even if it does have weak points, they story is still head and shoulders above every mobile game I've played so far, which were either non-existent (a la Puzzle and Dragons and Pokemon Go) or just plain abysmal despite their gameplay strengths. (Terra Battle and FE Heroes comes to mind)

So, even if other games have meatier mechanics, I find myself enjoying coming back to the Fate universe every day the most. Looks like there's a lot of content to get to, so I'll be sticking around for a long while.

KSai

You could give Fate/Extra a try. Even though I read the VN first, that game feels like a nice entry point to the franchise.

When you see the "Critical _%" on cards during battle what does that mean exactly? Is that the chance that card has to crit or the chance that that card has to cause critical stars to drop?

Also what affects those percentages? The number of critical stars you got in the previous round?

When you see the "Critical _%" on cards during battle what does that mean exactly? Is that the chance that card has to crit or the chance that that card has to cause critical stars to drop?

Also what affects those percentages? The number of critical stars you got in the previous round?

It's the chance for that card to crit.

Each critical star you get in a round is converted into 10% critical chance next round for a random card. The randomization is weighted by each servant's star attraction, which is a hidden stat. (Riders have the highest, berserkers have the lowest, and everyone else is somewhere in between.)

You can also manipulate star attraction weights using skills and CEs.

Hubb

Still relatively early in the day, but I give up on the feathers. Got 0, but I did get 2 Yggdrasil seeds. Just going to farm the 30 AP one from now on for the EXP/bond points.

Limit broken Nightless Rose is the same effect of level 1 of Battle Continuation A, a skill so common that almost anyone who should have it already has it (berserkers, tanks, Cu).

Limit broken Nightless Rose is the same effect of level 1 of Battle Continuation A, a skill so common that almost anyone who should have it already has it (berserkers, tanks, Cu).

Well, you could equip it to a Healer or a Servant with battle continuation for the odd turn in which it is not active...

Articalys

I should probably clarify that my question was mainly because I got two of them as drops and it would be impractical to grind for medals for any from the shop, so I was just wondering if I should keep them separate or fold one into the other for the slight HP stat boost.

elty

So....

Day 1: 1 Feather 1 Crystal
Day 2: 2 Crystal
Day 3: 1 Crystal

Grand total

1 or 2 Bone
2 Claw
1 Feather
4 Crystal
0 CE

116 Bronze
222 Silver
562 Gold

chrono01

I wish I could grind for ascension material, but since I've lost AP over the last few days (those here, know why ;_;), I'm still in gold medal farming mode. I just hope I'll have enough for all ten Homunculus Babies + three Crystallized Lore before it ends (I'm at around 560 now, so it's getting close). At least I managed to get a CE drop, so that takes care of that.

I'll definitely work on farming materials once the event ends, though. My Gilgamesh is still Level 60, feels bad. I also can't evolve my Heracles since I need a few more silver pieces. Here's hoping the next event doesn't start right away after this one ends, I'd like a week to get caught up a bit.

Slashlen

1 claw, 1 crystal, and 1 CE at this point. I need 7 bronze and 88 gold to clear out mats in the shop. Unless I can farm 40AP for a lot of golds and I get another CE drop soon to make LB it a possibility, I'm probably just going to go back to dailies once I got the mats.

Two phases down, my drops spoils:

445 gold medals
116 silver medals
220 bronze medals
6 claws
5 crystals
3 CEs
3 seeds
2 bones

After a miserable first day my luck has been fantastic. Spent a lot of time today looking for just one Berserker monument and got something I didn't think was possible.

Mupod

I'm assuming at some point we'll get the changes that were just announced for the JP version, like halved story AP cost, 10 quartz per cleared singularity and increased bonus quartz for purchases. But I don't think they've said anything yet.

Kenai

I'm assuming at some point we'll get the changes that were just announced for the JP version, like halved story AP cost, 10 quartz per cleared singularity and increased bonus quartz for purchases. But I don't think they've said anything yet.

If they were just announced for the JP version (not even out yet?) then we can probably expect to be waiting awhile. Hopefully we will get it sooner than 2 years from now, but it could be that long yea.

chrono01

If they were just announced for the JP version (not even out yet?) then we can probably expect to be waiting awhile. Hopefully we will get it sooner than 2 years from now, but it could be that long yea.
I'm hoping it's one of those things that make it over to the Global version ahead of the time it took for Japanese app to get it. I can see the "quality-of-life" changes arrive sooner, but everything else (such as the release schedule for Servants, as well as events) to remain more-or-less identical. We did get the 2x speed with the launch of our version, so maybe there's hope?

I just want those revised dailies, honestly that'd make me more happy than a few extra Star Quartz right now.

Cruziao

Neo Member

Regarding the bolded, is the change retroactive?
I'm curious how the dev. handle that kind of update.

Hubb

I'm hoping it's one of those things that make it over to the Global version ahead of the time it took for Japanese app to get it. I can see the "quality-of-life" changes arrive sooner, but everything else (such as the release schedule for Servants, as well as events) to remain more-or-less identical. We did get the 2x speed with the launch of our version, so maybe there's hope?

I just want those revised dailies, honestly that'd make me more happy than a few extra Star Quartz right now.

I imagine some of those aren't happening for awhile. They aren't going to want to give out a bunch of free quartz, and there is almost no reason for them to halve the story AP.

The dailies would be nice, but the 10 quartz and half story AP probably aren't happening for a bit.

Regarding the bolded, is the change retroactive?
I'm curious how the dev. handle that kind of update.

I'd imagine it is, they'd probably catch more flack than it was worth to just have it be new players.

chrono01

I imagine some of those aren't happening for awhile. They aren't going to want to give out a bunch of free quartz, and there is almost no reason for them to halve the story AP.

The dailies would be nice, but the 10 quartz and half story AP probably aren't happening for a bit.
Yeah, probably wishful thinking on my part, haha.

I'll make do with the dailies, if we can just get that I will be extremely happy.

Oh cool, another CE drop..

That makes seven. S e v e n. Zero materials all event. But CE? Seven.

fuck off rng
Which AP have you been running cuz I have yet to get one. I am starting to believe I may have to grind 200 Silver medals last minute before the event ends so I can get it... I swear this game really does have a desire sensor. Not just with this, but even with the stupid golden monuments. I have been wanting to get 1. JUST 1. For the past two weeks so I can ascend Emiya again. I keep getting silver ones instead.

Grazzt

On my first run, the dragon dropped a gold chest, which turned out to be lancer gem...fuck me
200 ap spent, finally a snake eye jewel, ascended Gil. I still need two monuments to ascend him for the 3rd time.
To anyone who wants to farm dragon scales, you can use my NP2 Herc to skill the dragon in 1 turn, then use one aoe Saber to finish the 2nd stage.

PS: lol at the names of very hard bosses

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Question, when do we get this?
Nero Fest: Grand Finals
<Aestus Domus Aurea>
Extra Advanced

Also I've finally bought all the mats. Now I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a CE and the EXP cards because somehow I haven't got a single one.

Kieli

I just got my arse dropped by the dragon in the grand final.

Holy smokes. Going in with 2 archers was a baaaad idea.

Kenai

Geez. Getting Waver from 70 to 80, Vlad/Emiya from 60 to 70, and Marie/Carmilla from 50 to 60 smashed through almost all of my exp cards, and I had a full archive of golds plus a bunch more in my inventory proper. I want to refill at least the archive again asap but that caught me off guard, I thought I was more prepared. And to think I was salty I can't ascend Vlad to 80 cause Berserker monuments are bs.
I still am

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just a reminder, the mana prism shop resets in a little under 24 hours, so make sure you got your tickets for the month.

Is it worth burning prisms on EXP cards or Fou? I feel like the AP to reward ratio isn't great in those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom