• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciel

Yeah, might have to do that if I can't log back in. I need to try to remember how much SQ and everything I have though, not to mention my Support List, their levels, etc.

This is has not been a good weekend for me, even more so since I'm suffering with health issues at the moment. :(
That's really unfortunate. Hope everything works out fine.

I actually had the very same problem on Thursday (?). My Ipad basically kept giving the connection failure/retry message and it didn't work even with home wifi/Phone Hotspot. That said, I guess i was lucky since i just left it alone and the problem did just go off by itself on its own after a few hours though.

chrono01

That's really unfortunate. Hope everything works out fine.

I actually had the very same problem on Thursday (?). My Ipad basically kept giving the connection failure/retry message and it didn't work even with home wifi/Phone Hotspot. That said, I guess i was lucky since i just left it alone and the problem did just go off by itself on its own after a few hours though.
Yeah, I've been waiting for 12 hours now since my last connect. Yesterday was 15 hours. I wouldn't mind if it was 1-2 hours each time, but I'm literally losing an entire day without playing. I wanted to make sure it wasn't my phone that was giving me the issue, so I tried F/GO on an alternate device just fine. Went to transfer my account, since it apparently was able to connect and all...but still having these troubles. So, it's DEFINITELY not a WiFi/Data/Phone issue, but something hardwired into my account itself. Either data corruption on a server level, but it's not on my end. I know that now.

But thanks, I'm hoping I can login again to set up a new transfer information soon. Hopefully tomorrow? Whenever. Honestly, at this point I'm not even worried about the event, I just want my account back. I put a lot of time/energy into it (farming all of the Mana Prisms, not to mention event-farming), and aren't really excited to start all over. :(

hmm, so what happened to your acc?

i just checked and it said you login 6 mins ago
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. When I try to login, it gives me a white screen for about a minute and then "connection lost" comes up. I can either retry or return to title screen. I try both, I just can't get in.

As for why it shows me logged in as of 9 minutes ago, I'm guessing one of these time-outs count as a login despite it not actually happening on my side of things, as that was around the time period I last tried to get into before they threw the error up at me again.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah, I've been waiting for 12 hours now since my last connect. Yesterday was 15 hours. I wouldn't mind if it was 1-2 hours each time, but I'm literally losing an entire day without playing. I wanted to make sure it wasn't my phone that was giving me the issue, so I tried F/GO on an alternate device just fine. Went to transfer my account, since it apparently was able to connect and all...but still having these troubles. So, it's DEFINITELY not a WiFi/Data/Phone issue, but something hardwired into my account itself. Either data corruption on a server level, but it's not on my end. I know that now.

But thanks, I'm hoping I can login again to set up a new transfer information soon. Hopefully tomorrow? Whenever. Honestly, at this point I'm not even worried about the event, I just want my account back. I put a lot of time/energy into it (farming all of the Mana Prisms, not to mention event-farming), and aren't really excited to start all over. :(

Yeah, I don't know what's going on. When I try to login, it gives me a white screen for about a minute and then "connection lost" comes up. I can either retry or return to title screen. I try both, I just can't get in.

As for why it shows me logged in as of 9 minutes ago, I'm guessing one of these time-outs count as a login despite it not actually happening on my side of things, as that was around the time period I last tried to get into before they threw the error up at me again.

Sounds like packet loss.

chrono01

Sounds like packet loss.
Could definitely be it.

It's really frustrating how I tried to reach out to F/GO Customer Support and they didn't really extend help beyond the typical copy/paste they seemingly give everyone. By switching devices (from one that had the connection error to another that played a different account just fine) I proved that it's not something on my end but theirs, but they didn't seem willing to provide any sort of investigation. Just "try updating the game", "make sure you have enough space on your phone", close/re-launch the application", etc.

I mean, it might clear up on its own if I give it a day or two, but what if it happens again? If my account is going to suffer this every couple of days, with DW seemingly shrugging their shoulders at it, that's going to be extremely frustrating.

kayos90

Could definitely be it.

It's really frustrating how I tried to reach out to F/GO Customer Support and they didn't really extend help beyond the typical copy/paste they seemingly give everyone. By switching devices (from one that had the connection error to another that played a different account just fine) I proved that it's not something on my end but theirs, but they didn't seem willing to provide any sort of investigation. Just "try updating the game", "make sure you have enough space on your phone", close/re-launch the application", etc.

I mean, it might clear up on its own if I give it a day or two, but what if it happens again? If my account is going to suffer this every couple of days, with DW seemingly shrugging their shoulders at it, that's going to be extremely frustrating.

When you transferred accounts and it worked. Was that both on wifi?

chrono01

When you transferred accounts and it worked. Was that both on wifi?
Yeah, both on WiFi since one is my phone and the other doesn't have data. It's my old phone I had prior to my upgrade (I'm on 6S, but kept the 5S since I was too lazy to sell it off). I basically installed the game on 5S, using the same WiFi as my phone, played the game fine all day, no errors. I then transfer the data from the primary over, the one having the errors, and suddenly I couldn't connect anymore. Same network, same phone as the account that ran perfectly all day.

Anyway, I managed to log into the account on my secondary device, so I'm just going to keep it there for now. I instituted a new transfer code so at least I have that. I want to put the game back on my phone, since that's what I carry with me as I go places, but I'm not going to risk anything now, not until I know for sure I don't get any connection errors.

kayos90

Yeah, both on WiFi since one is my phone and the other doesn't have data.

Anyway, I managed to log into the account on my secondary device, so I'm just going to keep it there for now. I instituted a new transfer code so at least I have that. I want to put the game back on my phone, since that's what I carry with me as I go places, but I'm not going to risk anything now, not until I know for sure I don't get any connection errors.

gonna go on a limb and say this is an ISP issue.

On another note, lmao at the second anniversary stream.

chrono01

gonna go on a limb and say this is an ISP issue.

On another note, lmao at the second anniversary stream.
If is it, it's curious why F/GO is the only game I'm having issues with. I can play every other app on my phone with a single error, but F/GO? Nope. Not even that, it's specifically the Waver/Gilgamesh account that gives me the errors. :/

Oh well, I appreciate all of the help/support so far, all. I'm logged back in and have a new transfer code set, so I feel a bit better now anyway.

kayos90

Go to reddit for the second anniversary info. I like how DW is printing so much money that they are giving you more quartz for buying quartz like.. lmaooooooo.

chrono01

Spoke too soon, connection errors again. Oh well, not going to mess with anything more right now as I don't want to take any unnecessary risk. I have my transfer code, I'll just keep the account where it is and see if the errors smooth out over time. It sucks as I literally just ranked up again and am sitting at overflowed AP, but whatever. I just want my account, if I end up not being able to grab everything from the event I'm okay with that.

Anyway, sorry for bitching here all day, I know I've been a headache. Just helps having someone to talk to. :/

Sciel

Spoke too soon, connection errors again. Oh well, not going to mess with anything more right now as I don't want to take any unnecessary risk. I have my transfer code, I'll just keep the account where it is and see if the errors smooth out over time. It sucks as I literally just ranked up again and am sitting at overflowed AP, but whatever. I just want my account, if I end up not being able to grab everything from the event I'm okay with that.

Anyway, sorry for bitching here all day, I know I've been a headache. Just helps having someone to talk to. :/
Don't worry about it, I'm sure some of us would be freaking out the same way if in your position.

Fingers crossed that it'll all ease off soon.

chrono01

I'm pretty sure it's ISP issues. I would play using your cell plan.
Tried that on my phone (when the app was still there and not transferred to my secondary device), still didn't work. :(

Don't worry about it, I'm sure some of us would be freaking out the same way if in your position.

Fingers crossed that it'll all ease off soon.
Thanks, here's hoping it does! :)

Getting anxious to start grinding the event more, though I'll probably have to choose between the Homunculus Babies or the Crystallized Lore, probably won't be able to grab them both (thanks to the AP I've been wasting these last couple of days).

kayos90

lmao Sherlock's kit is so garbage. I'm glad DW doesn't give a shit about powercreep. the past like 5 SSRs have been garbage tier.

Yeah, might have to do that if I can't log back in. I need to try to remember how much SQ and everything I have though, not to mention my Support List, their levels, etc.

This is has not been a good weekend for me, even more so since I'm suffering with health issues at the moment. :(

Bad luck, if you need help with your support list details we can check in game and PM the details to you

chrono01

Bad luck, if you need help with your support list details we can check in game and PM the details to you
Thanks, appreciate it.

All is "okay" now, I still can't login but at least I have a new transfer code set. Not going to mess with anything tonight and just going to leave everything as is, and hope it's more stable tomorrow (so I can put the account back on my phone). Nice to know you have my back, though. :)

Articalys

No. It's my fault. Apologies.
Oh, I wasn't complaining, just legitimately asking (since it seems like the community thread for the original game has been relatively dead for a while). I wouldn't mind, though I'm not sure if we'd have to set up spoiler rules or not for story and/or character discussion, if people care about that sort of thing.

NEED GOLD BERZERCAR STATUES!!!!!!!!!

Also what do you guts think of Madea? All I know is that she is portrayed and directed by Tyler Perry in drag, but her skill giving herself like 80% NP makes it seem easy to get her NP to use whenever.

kayos90

Wow. So during the anniversary stream they increased the amount of quartz you get if you buy a bundle. You get 27 more quartz if you buy the most expensive bundle. lmaoooo. That's practically a 10 roll. Not as big as last year's 4 quartz to 3 quartz, but damn, this is a ton of money savings. DW must be swimming.

Oh, I wasn't complaining, just legitimately asking (since it seems like the community thread for the original game has been relatively dead for a while). I wouldn't mind, though I'm not sure if we'd have to set up spoiler rules or not for story and/or character discussion, if people care about that sort of thing.

Yeah. Story spoilers for sure. Anything else goes i guess.

Strimei

I'm envious of how the Japanese players now get vouchers with daily logins that let you choose which ascension mat you get.

I NEED.

jonjonaug

NEED GOLD BERZERCAR STATUES!!!!!!!!!

Also what do you guts think of Madea? All I know is that she is portrayed and directed by Tyler Perry in drag, but her skill giving herself like 80% NP makes it seem easy to get her NP to use whenever.

Her NP boost skill is powerful but her NP itself is weak. Once you complete her interlude (need to clear Okeanos first) and level up her NP though it's almost on the level of a good 4 Star Servant single target NP.

Wow. So during the anniversary stream they increased the amount of quartz you get if you buy a bundle. You get 27 more quartz if you buy the most expensive bundle. lmaoooo. That's practically a 10 roll. Not as big as last year's 4 quartz to 3 quartz, but damn, this is a ton of money savings. DW must be swimming.

Maybe if we all pray really really hard that will be the big upgrade announcement for the English anniversary 1 year from now instead of 2 years.

Her NP boost skill is powerful but her NP itself is weak. Once you complete her interlude (need to clear Okeanos first) and level up her NP though it's almost on the level of a good 4 Star Servant single target NP.

Damn that's disappointing. TBH I find most NP's not really spectacular besides the already great servants like Heracles which does a ton of single target, Jeanne's invincibility, and Altera for AOE. Waver's is good situationally since it does a variety of stuff that can help like stun, lower enemy charge, and defense debuff, though that 500 damage poison is game changer for sure /s.

jonjonaug

Damn that's disappointing. TBH I find most NP's not really spectacular besides the already great servants like Heracles which does a ton of single target, Jeanne's invincibility, and Altera for AOE. Waver's is good situationally since it does a variety of stuff that can help like stun, lower enemy charge, and defense debuff, though that 500 damage poison is game changer for sure /s.

Some of them have overcharge effects that are actually good, like Vlad's giving you 25 crit stars at 300% overcharge.

Strimei

Eh I wouldn't knock it, I've had a few times where an enemy servant/mob managed enough defense buffs (or was just really lucky) to survive with a few bits of health.

Rule Breaker's Buff Removal is really useful for a number of fights.

That too. And with Medea I have her in case I get a nasty Rider I gotta deal with for the time being. She's proven useful.

Rule Breaker's Buff Removal is really useful for a number of fights.

I've heard enough about how useful RURUUUUU BREAKAAAAA is that I keep a Medea around just in case I need her. I'll probably ascend her a bit as well so she isn't completely under-leveled too.

edit:

I should mention that we almost immediately got the Mystic Code that includes the skill that nullifies enemy buffs for 1 turn. JP didn't get that for a long time. That Mystic Code saves lives which is why I've been wearing and leveling it since the day it was released.

chrono01

I was able to spend my AP before sleep, so at least I didn't waste that! \o/

I'm going to start keeping track of the times I'm able to log in to see if there are any similarities. Probably not, but more data can't hurt. :)

weeaboo

what i need, millions of Zerk monuments and Caster pieces/monumets
what i got,

sXAtvkx.png

Sciel

Been grinding EXP cards all day just to Ascend Waver to his Young Waver form. And I could do the last ascension if not for the lack of Caster Monuments >_>.

I've recently cleared up some slots in my Friend's List if anyone wants to add me. Usually i delete those who have been inactive for a number of days.
My ID is 003,160,189. Sorry if I deleted anyone before, probably happened during the period when everyone was rerolling lol.

- Gil gets ascended tomorrow.
- I can actually ascend Heracles (Stg 2/3)/Cu (Stg 3) but UMU's ascension has priority over them >_>. Haven't been arsed trying to farm additional Octoplet Crystals.

Slashlen

Finally got a Crystal. That's probably my only one from farming.

I've recently cleared up some slots in my Friend's List if anyone wants to add me. Usually i delete those who have been inactive for a number of days.
My ID is 003,160,189. Sorry if I deleted anyone before, probably happened during the period when everyone was rerolling lol.

- Gil gets ascended tomorrow.
- I can actually ascend Heracles (Stg 2/3)/Cu (Stg 3) but UMU's ascension has priority over them >_>. Haven't been arsed trying to farm additional Octoplet Crystals.

Sent.

Sciel

Hm. Do I farm Reverse Dragon Scales or Serpent Jewels tomorrow...

Well, they most likely both have shit droprates anyway...
Reverse Dragon Scale is probably the more valuable of the two. However, there is only ONE mob that can drop it during the Finals tomorrow.

Snake Jewels will probably be "easier" to obtain than Plumes, simply because it has a chance to drop from all 6 mobs in the first 2 rounds of the 20AP quest. Plumes only dropped from 3/6 of the mobs in this round's 20 AP quest. That said, Okeanos adds a map location where you can grind these fairly easily (~16% drop rate).

I guess it just comes down to how desperately you need the Snake Eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom