• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

This login issue is bizarre, it comes and goes for most people but it sounds like you're having the worst possible case. I sent them a ticket last night about the login trouble only to find myself following up saying the issue resolved itself... only to have it re-occur once again. It fixed itself this morning and so far I've had no issues. I wonder if it's some weird routing/server issue or some server-client handshake going horribly wrong randomly. I suppose you could e-mail support and let them know about the issue. Who knows, perhaps other people have reported in similar problems and perhaps a few more would prompt them to look into what's going on. Then again, it's been an issue that has been around for JP users for quite some time. It doesn't appear to be that widespread though, based on reddit searches.

Their e-mail address:
support@fate-go.us

Here's what they replied to my ticket with, doubt it'll be helpful for you but just in case you haven't tried these:
Thanks, I'll send them an email.

Yeah, it was fine last week when I played, it all started up really bad Friday morning. It'd be acceptable if it were only 1-2 hours of downtime, but I literally can't spend my AP before it gives me errors. I'm always sitting at capped AP, during a limited-time event, with no way to spend it while everyone else (seemingly) has no issues. So frustrating!

I've already done everything the above email listed, aside from the Download All option. I might give that a try when I can manage to login again, but I'm a little worried to do that with the connection being as touchy as it is. It'll probably fail halfway through or something, knowing my luck. :(

Glad to see it's working for you again now, though. Hope that keeps up!

Hubb

Finally got a feather drop! Which is more than the amount of claws I had this time for the previous set. All my claws had dropped on the last day.

Whelp, I got 0 feathers yesterday and none so far today. Maybe I should have the rest of my apples for tomorrow.

Articalys

The only weird tech issue I've had so far (knock on wood), aside from some slight lag sometimes when lots of stars are being distributed, is that the video stalls for a couple seconds during Noble Phantasms when the character portrait flashes in the background.

The only weird tech issue I've had so far (knock on wood), aside from some slight lag sometimes when lots of stars are being distributed, is that the video stalls for a couple seconds during Noble Phantasms when the character portrait flashes in the background.

This happens on almost all phones because the game doesn't keep the character portrait in memory. The stall is from loading the portrait when it needs it. You can also see the game stall when one of your Servants is killed and it loads the next one before they appear on the field.

Because the speed of storage is so much faster on computers, people who play the game on emulators don't have these stalls.

Zanzura

Thanks, I'll send them an email.

Yeah, it was fine last week when I played, it all started up really bad Friday morning. It'd be acceptable if it were only 1-2 hours of downtime, but I literally can't spend my AP before it gives me errors. I'm always sitting at capped AP, during a limited-time event, with no way to spend it while everyone else (seemingly) has no issues. So frustrating!

I've already done everything the above email listed, aside from the Download All option. I might give that a try when I can manage to login again, but I'm a little worried to do that with the connection being as touchy as it is. It'll probably fail halfway through or something, knowing my luck. :(

Glad to see it's working for you again now, though. Hope that keeps up!

So, shortly after my post, I ran into the problem again and let their support team know. They were quite swift in their reply this time, responding 3 minutes after. Here's what they had to say:

We sincerely apologize, but cannot offer any device-specific troubleshooting when this type of error occurs.

If you have the possibility to do so, we suggest that you try running the game on a different device or another internet connection.
As this issue may be caused by the servers being busy, it may be resolved if you try again later.

We are sorry there isn't more we can do to help with this issue.
We thank you in advance for your understanding, and we hope that you will be able to play Fate/Grand Order in the future.

Regards,

Fate/Grand Order Customer Support Team

So yeah, I guess their servers are dying or you and I got the short straw and our accounts are tied to some potato-powered server instead of the hamster-powered ones bought with whale money. Or there's not enough whales.

Whale more you whales. /s

Sigh.

Tinfoil hat time: You're cursed and I should not try to help/interact with you anymore =(

Strimei

Finally got a crystal to drop which was what I needed to finally ascend Herc. Still need more of them for Cu though. God the drop rate sucks.

When did Japan get the revised dailies? So I can have at least some idea for when I can actually feel like going for monuments and junk.

chrono01

So, shortly after my post, I ran into the problem again and let their support team know. They were quite swift in their reply this time, responding 3 minutes after. Here's what they had to say:

So yeah, I guess their servers are dying or you and I got the short straw and our accounts are tied to some potato-powered server instead of the hamster-powered ones bought with whale money. Or there's not enough whales.

Whale more you whales. /s

Sigh.

Tinfoil hat time: You're cursed and I should not try to help/interact with you anymore =(
Wow, this is really depressing. If our accounts are on potato servers, as you say, it's probably something they probably won't fix with time. So I'm basically/probably eternally screwed from playing this game with any sort of comfort. Just awesome.

I'll send them an email regardless, as the more complaints they receive gives us a better chance of them looking into it. However, as previously-mentioned in this thread, if people who have been experiencing this in the Japanese version have been suffering for as long as they have been...

As for running it on a different device, that's not exactly feasible for me. I do have an alternate device, as I said, but it's my old iPhone 5S where the battery is (more-or-less) destroyed. I can only use it for a few hours (at most) without it dying, so I need to keep I plugged in if I'm playing any sort of game on it. Not just that, it's not something I bring around with me on a day-to-day basis (obviously), as I have my phone for that. If I can't play F/GO on my default phone, the thing I carry with me everywhere, and am forced to use an outdated/defective device to do so, I won't be too happy. Strange how a 5S runs it without issue but the newer 6S can't. Has to be some network thing, or maybe it really is account-based and our ID's are stored on potatoes.

Zanzura

Wow, this is really depressing. If our accounts are on potato servers, as you say, it's probably something they probably won't fix with time. So I'm basically/probably eternally screwed from playing this game with any sort of comfort. Just awesome.

I'll send them an email regardless, as the more complaints they receive gives us a better chance of them looking into it. However, as previously-mentioned in this thread, if people who have been experiencing this in the Japanese version have been suffering for as long as they have been...

As for running it on a different device, that's not exactly feasible for me. I do have an alternate device, as I said, but it's my old iPhone 5S where the battery is (more-or-less) destroyed. I can only use it for a few hours (at most) without it dying, so I need to keep I plugged in if I'm playing any sort of game on it. Not just that, it's not something I bring around with me on a day-to-day basis (obviously), as I have my phone for that. If I can't play F/GO on my default phone, the thing I carry with me everywhere, and am forced to use an outdated/defective device to do so, I won't be too happy. Strange how a 5S runs it without issue but the newer 6S can't. Has to be some network thing, or maybe it really is account-based and our ID's are stored on potatoes.

I don't actually know what their server infrastructure is like. I was mostly joking. I find it really strange that you and I are having issues. My brother on the other hand, who's playing on the same connection but has an iPhone 6 (I have a 5) and he has no issues whatsoever.

chrono01

I don't actually know what their server infrastructure is like. I was mostly joking. I find it really strange that you and I are having issues. My brother on the other hand, who's playing on the same connection but has an iPhone 6 (I have a 5) and he has no issues whatsoever.
Yeah, it's definitely strange. Maybe it's something that maintenance, whenever they have it, will clear up (just by bringing the servers down and starting fresh). Not sure when scheduled maintenance will be, though.

Also, I just got the push notification on my phone that my AP is fully restored. Good to know, shame I can't spend it.

What's the difference between an NES Classic and a phoenix feather?

If you spend 2-10 hours today you can get an NES Classic

(Disclaimer: I did not spend that long today on either of those)

Articalys

This happens on almost all phones because the game doesn't keep the character portrait in memory. The stall is from loading the portrait when it needs it. You can also see the game stall when one of your Servants is killed and it loads the next one before they appear on the field.

Because the speed of storage is so much faster on computers, people who play the game on emulators don't have these stalls.
I guess there's no way around that given hardware limitations, but it seems odd to have that sort of issue affecting the majority of players.

Caim

Finally got a crystal to drop which was what I needed to finally ascend Herc. Still need more of them for Cu though. God the drop rate sucks.

When did Japan get the revised dailies? So I can have at least some idea for when I can actually feel like going for monuments and junk.

The class dailies? I think it was sometime after the Halloween event.

chrono01

I got a reply back from Fate/GO Customer Support, that's basically an exact copy/paste from what you received, Zanzura. I already said in my initial email that I tried closing all applications/restarting Fate/GO, making sure there was enough space to run the game, everything was up-to-date, etc., but then they listed all of those steps again as a means to diagnose the issue. So much for that. :/

Ironic how the one gacha game I've been most anticipating for about two years now finally became available in my region, and I'm unable to play it. Fate is cruel, pun intended.

chrono01

Got another reply back from F/GO Support, after asking if they could maybe look into the matter using my User ID which I provided.

"Hello,

We sincerely apologize, but cannot offer any device-specific troubleshooting when this type of error occurs.

If you have the possibility to do so, we suggest that you try running the game on a different device or on another internet connection.

We are sorry we cannot do more to help you with this issue.
We thank you in advance for your understanding, and we hope that you will be able to play Fate/Grand Order in the future.

Regards,

Fate/Grand Order Customer Support Team"

So basically, I'm shit out of luck. Buy a new phone if I want to play Fate/GO.

I too hope I'll "be able to play Fate/Grand Order in the future", assuming they work out these connection issues.

elty

Got another reply back from F/GO Support, after asking if they could maybe look into the matter using my User ID which I provided.

"Hello,

If you have the possibility to do so, we suggest that you try running the game on a different device or on another internet connection.

We are sorry we cannot do more to help you with this issue.

Regards,

Fate/Grand Order Customer Support Team"

So basically, I'm shit out of luck. Buy a new phone if I want to play Fate/GO.
I would seriously try the vpn route at this point. It solved my problem with some other game.

chrono01

Why don't you just try using your old phone first?
Mainly because I'm worried of transferring the data from my primary to my secondary device, using the transfer code, still be unable to log in (at all, even after hours of waiting), and not being able to issue a new one since they're one-time-use.

I'll give it until Monday, but if I'm still having issues I'll probably just go ahead and try it anyway. Not worth keeping things as they are, especially since F/GO support can't do a thing about it.

I would seriously try the vpn route at this point. It solved my problem with some other game.
I'll probably try this before the transfer, as it seems more safe. I'd hate to have to constantly use a VPN to play, but if I must...

Which would you recommend? Most beginner-friendly please, I'm not exactly knowledgable with them.

I was so busy with the Nero events that I forgot to do the weekly mission. Anyone know if Caster Gems drops from anywhere aside from the Friday daily? Or am I just screwed for this week.

Strimei

Is there any point to max limit breaking the CE from Nerofest? I don't really have any plan on getting one and I lucked out in having one drop while trying (in vain) to get more crystals.

I was so busy with the Nero events that I forgot to do the weekly mission. Anyone know if Caster Gems drops from anywhere aside from the Friday daily? Or am I just screwed for this week.

Sorry, you're screwed.

Nerofest has caster gems, but only starting 4 hours after the weekly missions rotate.

elty

No idea, just go to the app store and search for some free one. Something that let you connect outside of NA probably. They are all easy to use (pick a country, then click connect).

I don't recalled what game I had intermittent connection issue that has to be worked around with VPN.

Kenai

Is there any point to max limit breaking the CE from Nerofest? I don't really have any plan on getting one and I lucked out in having one drop while trying (in vain) to get more crystals.

Not really a point unless you plan on using it, but since it's bad I wouldn't. For CEs the only thing that changes are the battle effect and the added stats.

If you have yet to do Spartacus and/or Kiyohime interludes you can fight Lamias in them. Kill 2 Lamias, if you don't get the needed drops withdraw and try again.

RSchmitz

Welp, that sucks. Just gotta deal with always having these 4 missing shards from now on then.
Kiyohime and Spartacus interludes drop them on the second arrow. Just make sure to check if it dropped before completing the quest. If it doesn't drop then withdraw and try again.
I did this on monday.

Edit: ^ Heh

Noll

Neo Member
I'm just going to the Fate/GO festival in Chiba right now.

Anything you're curious about? Want me to take pictures of somethig specific?

The event is for the 2nd anniversary of the Japanese version of the game.

I think everyone would be interested to see what that arcade game is all about.

miku

yes, take pics of all mashu related stuff

Kenai

Beg them for a holiday Iskandar to stand on top of Saberface Mountai-I mean enjoy yourself.

Caim

6 more monuments til I can final ascend Waver.

Unfortunately, the majority of my red chest have ended up being void dust.

If you have yet to do Spartacus and/or Kiyohime interludes you can fight Lamias in them. Kill 2 Lamias, if you don't get the needed drops withdraw and try again.

Kiyohime and Spartacus interludes drop them on the second arrow. Just make sure to check if it dropped before completing the quest. If it doesn't drop then withdraw and try again.
I did this on monday.

Edit: ^ Heh
Didn't even consider that. But I finished both their interludes a while back, so just out of luck now.

chrono01

Well, I tried transferring my data to a new device, one that didn't have the issues logging into the game (I tried it beforehand).

...Still not working, and now I can't initiate a new transfer code. There goes my account if I can't log in and initiate a new one. :/

At least I know for sure that it's not device-related but definitely something to do with the account itself. I probably lost my Waver/Gilgamesh account though, unless I can log back in and set a new transfer code.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well, I tried transferring my data to a new device, one that didn't have the issues logging into the game (I tried it beforehand).

...Still not working, and now I can't initiate a new transfer code. There goes my account if I can't log in and initiate a new one. :/

At least I know for sure that it's not device-related but definitely something to do with the account itself. I probably lost my Waver/Gilgamesh account though, unless I can log back in and set a new transfer code.

You can request an account recovery.

chrono01

You can request an account recovery.
Yeah, might have to do that if I can't log back in. I need to try to remember how much SQ and everything I have though, not to mention my Support List, their levels, etc.

This is has not been a good weekend for me, even more so since I'm suffering with health issues at the moment. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom