• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

xequalsy

I got quite a few Claw drops last section, but no CE yet. Looks like I might have to buy a CE from silver/gold medals.

Saber's 3rd skill seems underwhelming? Unless it becomes more useful at higher levels?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
commish's Lancelot isn't even level 80 yet. Pffft! ;P

His lvl 80 Waver is much more useful.

Saber's 3rd skill seems underwhelming? Unless it becomes more useful at higher levels?

Yeah, unless you're trying to run a crit team and happen to need to use Altria, you won't really use it.

chrono01

Still can't connect, this is close to an hour. Tried resetting both my router and modem for 10 minutes each, as well as turning my phone off for the same period of time. I even toggled WiFi and LTE to see if that would fix things but it didn't. It just hangs at "Connecting..." after the splash screen until "Connection lost."

Is it a Canada thing? iOS thing? Doesn't seem like it's affecting many, but if it keeps happening to me it's going to severely limit my enjoyment of the game.

elty

Still can't connect, this is close to an hour. Tried resetting both my router and modem for 10 minutes each, as well as turning my phone off for the same period of time. I even toggled WiFi and LTE to see if that would fix things but it didn't. It just hangs at "Connecting..." after the splash screen until "Connection lost."

Is it a Canada thing? iOS thing? Doesn't seem like it's affecting many, but if it keeps happening to me it's going to severely limit my enjoyment of the game.

iOS and Canada here - no issue.

Shizuka

I've been playing, logging in and closing the app just fine here. iPhone user in Brazil over Wi-Fi, if it helps.

chrono01

Updated iPhone OS, still can't log in. It's been four hours now and I've tried everything. :/

Tempted to try transferring my account to my second device to see if that works, but if it doesn't and I use up my only transfer code and no way to issue a new one (since I can't log into the game to do so)...

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Updated iPhone OS, still can't log in. It's been four hours now and I've tried everything. :/

Tempted to try transferring my account to my second device to see if that works, but if it doesn't and I use up my only transfer code and no way to issue a new one (since I can't log into the game to do so)...
That sucks. Have you tried changing your DNS settings?

chrono01

That sucks. Have you tried changing your DNS settings?
Not sure how to do that.

I can get my WiFi not working or whatever, but why both WiFi and Data? All of the other games on my phone work perfectly fine, as does my PC. Really confusing.

I swear, if I lose this account I am done with this game. I've already invested hours, not to mention have a nice selection of characters.

Edit: Posted this on Reddit and apparently it happens occasionally to people and the only fix is to wait it out? I really hope that's the case and I can play before the day is over. So yeah, if I'm on your Friend List and I haven't logged in today, you know. Please don't remove me, I'm trying. :(

It seems to be an iOS issue, from everyone that's been experiencing it. Let's hope the next update from DW addresses it.

chrono01

13 hours since my last login. Come on, game! :(

I'm almost tempted to send a ticket into DW support for this, maybe they'll compensate me a Golden Apple or two. Ridiculous how I couldn't play all day with others having no issue. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a limited-time event going on. Frustrating!

13 hours since my last login. Come on, game! :(

I'm almost tempted to send a ticket into DW support for this, maybe they'll compensate me a Golden Apple or two. Ridiculous how I couldn't play all day with others having no issue. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't a limited-time event going on. Frustrating!

Chrono, if the account (since you have several) is the one with a Lvl 80 Waver as all with a starting NP charge CE, and you aren't playing it, someone might have hijacked the account, cos I just saw it log on like 10 minutes ago. Could someone else help to verify this?

chrono01

Chrono, if the account (since you have several) is the one with a Lvl 80 Waver as all with a starting NP charge CE, and you aren't playing it, someone might have hijacked the account, cos I just saw it log on like 10 minutes ago. Could someone else help to verify this?
Hmm? But how's that possible, it can only exist on one device and not two, since when you transfer it removes it from the former one (it's why you can't play it on multiple devices at the same time). Besides, I set up a new transfer code when I transferred over, which made the previous ones invalid.

Maybe it's counting as me logging in every time I attempt, but the actual login procedure doesn't happen (for whatever reason)? I'll try logging in again now, so if someone could check to see if that moves up my last login information to something more recent than 10 minutes ago, that'd be appreciated. Yes, the account I'm using now is Level 80 Waver/Level 60 Gilgamesh one.

If your account has been transferred to a new phone using a Bind Code, the game will tell you this when you try to log in on your old phone.

If he isn't getting that error, it's unlikely his account was stolen. He would have needed to share his Bind Code and password for that to have happened.

chrono01

If your account has been transferred to a new phone using a Bind Code, the game will tell you this when you try to log in on your old phone.

If he isn't getting that error, it's unlikely his account was stolen. He would have needed to share his Bind Code and password for that to have happened.
Yeah, I'm not getting anything like that, just that my connection keeps timing out. :(

Kenai

Hmm? But how's that possible, it can only exist on one device and not two, since when you transfer it removes it from the former one (it's why you can't play it on multiple devices at the same time). Besides, I set up a new transfer code when I transferred over, which made the previous ones invalid.

Maybe it's counting as me logging in every time I attempt, but the actual login procedure doesn't happen (for whatever reason)? I'll try logging in again now, so if someone could check to see if that moves up my last login information to something more recent than 10 minutes ago, that'd be appreciated. Yes, the account I'm using now is Level 80 Waver/Level 60 Gilgamesh one.

I looked recently too and it still says 10 min ago but I also know that sometimes it takes awhile for the game to update. When my bf started playing it took the better part of an hour for his friend request to show up.

chrono01

Yeah, possibly. Sorry for raising the alarm just now, just thought it was weird that the timer didn't match your posts. Anyway last login was 10 mins ago according to my list.
No worries, I appreciate you looking into it.

It could be a visual glitch for me, where the connection timer runs out and my character screen doesn't load but it still counts as a login in-game or something? I'm not entirely sure what it is, but needless to say being unable to play all day has me a little agitated. I'm going to step away and do a few things, hopefully when I come back I can actually play. I don't want to go an entire day without a single AP spent. :/

I looked recently too and it still says 10 min ago but I also know that sometimes it takes awhile for the game to update. When my bf started playing it took the better part of an hour for his friend request to show up.
Thanks to you, as well. I'll just give it more time and see if that fixes things. Apparently it does, as when this happens it seems like it's one of those things that has to just run its course. Appears to only affect iOS too. Here's hoping!

Zanzura

No worries, I appreciate you looking into it.

It could be a visual glitch for me, where the connection timer runs out and my character screen doesn't load but it still counts as a login in-game or something? I'm not entirely sure what it is, but needless to say being unable to play all day has me a little agitated. I'm going to step away and do a few things, hopefully when I come back I can actually play. I don't want to go an entire day without a single AP spent. :/

Thanks to you, as well. I'll just give it more time and see if that fixes things. Apparently it does, as when this happens it seems like it's one of those things that has to just run its course. Appears to only affect iOS too. Here's hoping!

I encountered this issue as well where I couldn't log in, waiting it out for 2 or 3 hours worked for me. Hopefully for you the wait isn't longer. I'm also on iOS.

I also had another somewhat similar issue where I couldn't resume a battle during the 1/2 AP dailies event, but that might've been a different issue entirely as my game crashed the moment I used a skill and the animation completed. This resulted in an infinite loading screen with the little Fou icon doing its animation cycle over and over for 10+ minutes. It might've been corrupted data since the game saves/uploads data after every completed action. I had to abandon the battle to be able to play again.

I just checked my friend list and it says you logged in 9 minutes ago.

chrono01

I encountered this issue as well where I couldn't log in, waiting it out for 2 or 3 hours worked for me. Hopefully for you the wait isn't longer. I'm also on iOS.

I also had another somewhat similar issue where I couldn't resume a battle during the 1/2 AP dailies event, but that might've been a different issue entirely as my game crashed the moment I used a skill and the animation completed. This resulted in an infinite loading screen with the little Fou icon doing its animation cycle over and over for 10+ minutes. It might've been corrupted data since the game saves/uploads data after every completed action. I had to abandon the battle to be able to play again.

I just checked my friend list and it says you logged in 9 minutes ago.
Thanks, once again I appreciate you guys looking into this.

The fact that the login time keeps updating leads me to believe that the game thinks I logged in, despite me not actually managing to (it must count some of the time-outs as a login). I've actually encountered this connection time-out a week or so back, but it only affected me for around 1-2 hours. This time it's going on 14 hours for me now, so that's a lot of time wasted. Granted I don't know WHEN the connection issues started, just that when I tried logging in at 12PM it gave me the error. It could have started at 11AM for all I know, but 5AM was the last time I was actually able to play/spend my AP. I just hope I can log in and burn my AP before I have to call it quits for today, assuming whatever it is fixes itself.

Blue-kun

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but let's say I want to put together the closest thing to an Arts Team right now, since I'm looking at using Nero as one of my 'main' servants. From the avaible stuff, it seems like Waver would be the best partner in crime, but I don't have him. So from the 2*/3* servants, while Tamamo doesn't come out, who I'm also gunning for, who'd be more appealing? Hans or Medea?

And while we're at it, what would be another good servant for the front team? I've thought about EMIYA and Vlad, and I feel like they each have their own pros and cons. I guess I could just shift between them as quest demands, as Emiya is probably better at clearing hands and farming, whereas Vlad would be more focused around bosses and what not?

Kenai

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but let's say I want to put together the closest thing to an Arts Team right now, since I'm looking at using Nero as one of my 'main' servants. From the avaible stuff, it seems like Waver would be the best partner in crime, but I don't have him. So from the 2*/3* servants, while Tamamo doesn't come out, who I'm also gunning for, who'd be more appealing? Hans or Medea?

And while we're at it, what would be another good servant for the front team? I've thought about EMIYA and Vlad, and I feel like they each have their own pros and cons. I guess I could just shift between them as quest demands, as Emiya is probably better at clearing hands and farming, whereas Vlad would be more focused around bosses and what not?

Not sure about the best servants but I would look at anything that can buff him in any way (likely casters but some random other characters have stuff like charisma) combined with characters with a lot of blue cards to for 20% boost. I am also guessing you will probably want NP boosting essences too.

And yea strictly speaking Vlad is great single target and Emiya is good multi target. They actually would probably pair well with a good crit star absorber like a rider since they make so many but idk. Also tbh waver seems kind of irreplaceable for np gen which is why he is rated so high, I dunno of anyone who would come close. At least until Merlin is here. Maybe use him as summon.

I'm actually trying to build out an Emiya-Vlad-Nero team at the moment.

It's not necessarily a powerful team, but Vlad deals strong damage and is pretty resilient for a Zerk, while has the skills and card setup to do AAA-NP building combos easily.

chrono01

I'M IN!!! GAME LET ME IN!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

(They'd better fix whatever makes this happen in the next update, though. Judging from Reddit I'm not the only one it happens to.)

Well, I was in now it's giving me a connection error after I completed the quest. Just ranked up too. :/

Edit: Just got past it, but definitely having connection issues. Need to hit "Retry" a lot. Gonna try to burn through my AP before it kicks me again.

People have been complaining about this problem with the JP version for awhile now. It's not clear if DW knows what's causing the issue or not but they haven't fixed it for at least a few months in JP? Something like that.

Some of the really crazy hardcore players gave up and just bought a new device to "solve" the issue.

chrono01

People have been complaining about this problem with the JP version for awhile now. It's not clear if DW knows what's causing the issue or not but they haven't fixed it for at least a few months in JP? Something like that.

Some of the really crazy hardcore players gave up and just bought a new device to "solve" the issue.
Man, that's kind of depressing. Considering how much money they're likely bringing in (F/GO is always near the top of the grossing charts), you'd think the least they could do is fix these errors. :(

New device? If an iPhone 6S can't handle it, I don't know what to say. It does seem like it's exclusive to iOS though, so maybe Android users are safe? It sure is fun having to keep hitting Retry after every quest, though.

Edit: Yeah, think it's dead again. Ran the 30 AP quest twice, ranking up during the first one. Now I'm at something like 200/100 AP and I can't spend it. Ugh.

Man, that's kind of depressing. Considering how much money they're likely bringing in (F/GO is always near the top of the grossing charts), you'd think the least they could do is fix these errors. :(

New device? If an iPhone 6S can't handle it, I don't know what to say. It does seem like it's exclusive to iOS though, so maybe Android users are safe? It sure is fun having to keep hitting Retry after every quest, though.

Edit: Yeah, think it's dead again. Ran the 30 AP quest twice, ranking up during the first one. Now I'm at something like 200/100 AP and I can't spend it. Ugh.

Honestly I haven't researched this problem much beyond knowing it exists and people complain about it. If it's an iOS problem that's pretty bad. iOS is supposed to be the one that is super easy to develop for.

If you have an old phone you can use or a friend who has a device you can borrow, you can always try moving your account to it and then move it back and see if that resolves the issue for you.

chrono01

Honestly I haven't researched this problem much beyond knowing it exists and people complain about it. If it's an iOS problem that's pretty bad. iOS is supposed to be the one that is super easy to develop for.

If you have an old phone you can use or a friend who has a device you can borrow, you can always try moving your account to it and then move it back and see if that resolves the issue for you.
All of the people encountering the connection issue on Reddit have all been on iOS, as well as the people here that suffered from it. While it's not conclusive, it definitely seems like it's only centered around that OS.

I was thinking of doing what you said and transfer it from my 6S to an old 5S I have, but I'm worried that by doing so I might not be able to connect at all (like, even after I give it time), and without being able to log in to issue a new transfer code, it would be permanently stuck on my alternate device. I'd rather not risk it personally, so I'll probably just wait to see whatever connection issues are happening to resolve itself. At least I know the game is still playable for me, it just won't connect. Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't sitting on a fully replenished and overflowed AP bar. All of that going to waste.

elty

Hey Chrono - just wondering if you have tried VPN? I had another game that has similar issue. Go find some free VPN and VPN to Japan or somewhere out of Canada.

I had similar login issues in the past 2 days, but it only affected me for around one to two hours in the 2 occasions it happened.

I had my AP depleted and it wasn't too long so I wasn't that bothered. But yeah, extended down-time would suck.

chrono01

Hey Chrono - just wondering if you have tried VPN? I had another game that has similar issue. Go find some free VPN and VPN to Japan or somewhere out of Canada.
I've tried VPN through browsers such as Chrome, but never through my phone. Honestly, I'm a little hesitant to do it, as I don't want to give DW reason for banning my account or anything. I'm not saying they would, I just want to keep things as level as they can just to be safe.

Probably paranoia on my part, but can't hurt to be cautious. :)

I had similar login issues in the past 2 days, but it only affected me for around one to two hours in the 2 occasions it happened.

I had my AP depleted and it wasn't too long so I wasn't that bothered. But yeah, extended down-time would suck.
Let me guess, iOS too? And yeah, the extended downtime definitely sucks. :/

Yes, 12 octoplet crystals GET!

Now I can successfully ascend Herc to 60, and Nero/Lancelot to 70.

Herc's path to 70 is pretty hard though...Too many talon-hungry servants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom