• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic7700

(I personally like UBW more than Zero due to Shirou, but Zero is easier to get into and is liked more in the US.)
I respect your opinion but I personally hate Shirou he's so annoying and while watching UBW I was with Archer the whole time and don't even get me started on how
his only ability that he's good at just happens to be the one counter to Gill who was essentially a god with a weapon to one shot Shirou but good guys gotta win
man Gill was the best :-(

Shadic7700

LOL. Used my only Summon Ticket since for some reason I thought they were 3-4* only and pulled Waver!

Now I officially am never gonna see Iskandar since he's what I am actually wanting/hoping for, but I will be a popular friend summon at least (once he is past level 1 anyway, blew almost everything getting Jeanne to 30...)
Congrats man I'm in the same boat got Jeane and EMYIA and I only picked up this game for Iskandar in the far future but all we can do is save up pull when he gets here and
reroll when we don't get him! At least I will...

Articalys

So I think the question I'm trying to ask is -- will story/events get to a point where, if you don't have one of a handful of servants, your chances of success drop massively?

chrono01

LOL. Used my only Summon Ticket since for some reason I thought they were 3-4* only and pulled Waver!

Now I officially am never gonna see Iskandar since he's what I am actually wanting/hoping for, but I will be a popular friend summon at least (once he is past level 1 anyway, blew almost everything getting Jeanne to 30...)
Insane luck there, man.

Congrats.

And I love all my friends that have him. <3
Hey man, we're all here to help. Your Altera ain't anything to sneeze at either!

I'm trying to increase my rank further to accept the rest of the people who requested to be my friend and I don't have room. I keep one slot open always so I can continually receive requests, I just have to open more slots to actually accept them. >_<

At least grinding the 40AP daily is good EXP, but I don't want to abuse it too much as I still have story quests to do...

I'll get around to adding all of you eventually!!

Kenai

Insane luck there, man.

Congrats.

Damn that's some good luck. Congrats. Usually you want to save them for rate-up drawings during events.

Early game Waver is merely "OK", it's once he passes level 50 that he goes from "pretty good" to "here's a skill that's basically Mashu's NP".

Thanks! I was hoping for a 4* I already had to maybe unlock lvl 2 NP since I already got Marie and Emiya from my initial summon and Cu Lancer and Medusa too, but I certainly won't complain about one of the best servants in the game (besides Iskandar, tier lists be damned).

I still feel like I might be doing something wrong since everyone seems to be leveling their servants much faster than me but I might just be getting unlucky with the exp drops. I fed everything I had left to Waver and he went up to 19. Got some work ahead of me. Spam the 40 stamina areas, yea?

Congrats man I'm in the same boat got Jeane and EMYIA and I only picked up this game for Iskandar in the far future but all we can do is save up pull when he gets here and

Nah man, we gotta believe (or not, I feel like rngesus feeds on hopes and dreams). Or maybe barter away our seasoned accounts for husbando accounts, who knows...

chrono01

Abuse that 40 AP daily.

I'm gonna abuse it until I get 80-90 energy so I don't waste energy while sleeping.
Yeah, EXP is always useful, especially this early on. Plus, as you said, a higher rank means a higher stamina cap which means less wasted stamina while sleeping and/or away doing things.

Win/Win!

Okay my third 30 Quartz pull was trash and the only new Servant I got is Cu Prototype. Man.
Sorry, we can't all have Kenai's Godly luck. :(

Thanks! I was hoping for a 4* I already had to maybe unlock lvl 2 NP since I already got Marie and Emiya from my initial summon and Cu Lancer and Medusa too, but I certainly won't complain about one of the best servants in the game (besides Iskandar, tier lists be damned).

I still feel like I might be doing something wrong since everyone seems to be leveling their servants much faster than me but I might just be getting unlucky with the exp drops. I fed everything I had left to Waver and he went up to 19. Got some work ahead of me. Spam the 40 stamina areas, yea?
I basically just spam the 40AP daily (today specifically, since a high-level Waver can basically solo it) and feed all gold cards to my characters (type doesn't have to match, although you will get a slight increase to XP if it does). It helps if you feed 20 and get a Super Success on it, feels amazing.

What am I supposed to do with the CE junk from friend point summoning?
I'm mostly hoarding a copy of everything, and leveling them with whatever duplicates I get.

Probably pointless, as I likely won't use a large majority of them, but eh. Collection!

Grazzt

Yeah Iskander is the only servant I truly want, Waver is a bonus.

SeanTSC

So, are all of the dailies worth doing? The 10/20 AP Exp Card/Money ones give you crap rank exp and crap rewards. I feel like I should skip them right now with how much energy they cost. Not sure about the 10/20 AP 3-fight green ones though.

chrono01

Anyone know where to get ascension materials? Is it a daily per week? I know one set is good for QP and the other XP cards. The third daily seems to offer skill-up materials, but not the items needed to ascend?

Stider

Anyone know where to get ascension materials? Is it a daily per week? I know one set is good for QP and the other XP cards. The third daily seems to offer skill-up materials, but not the items needed to ascend?

There are 2 different stages for the 3rd daily, the current one now with normal enemies and another stage with door enemies. I have gotten a few ascension mats from doing those stages.

Fishious

Now that I'm actually playing I see everyone wasn't joking about Kojiro in Orleans. If there were more dragons in Japan I'm sure he'd be remembered as a legendary dragon slayer.

Also, I still have several extra accounts if anyone wants them.

1) Jeanne, Emiya, Camilla, Stheno Taken
2) Jeanne, Martha, Kaliedoscope Taken
3) Jeanne, Martha, Elizabeth Taken
4) Altria, Altera, Chevalier d'Eon Taken
5) Vlad, Martha, Limited/Zero Over x2
6) Vlad, Martha, Elizabeth

Forgot to check the ot here any way rolling with herc and slteho for some reason i decided not to reroll i hope i dont regert it. On another note for mobile game there putting alot of effort in the story like they have events which tie into the psp games

Id: 556,202,789

Lvl50 herc for all you waver and jeanne user of course anyone else can add me

AltRoku

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for an Artoria account to trade with a Waver+Heracles account. Anyone have any to trade? Thanks.

Rixa

Farm day <3.
Totally going to do 40 ap exp dungeon whole day.

Screenshot_20170629-091614.png
Screenshot_20170629-091825.png

Waver + Altria + Friend Altera demolishes todays dungeon.

SeanTSC

Farm day <3.
Totally going to do 40 ap exp dungeon whole day.

Screenshot_20170629-091614.png
Screenshot_20170629-091825.png

Waver + Altria + Friend Altera demolishes todays dungeon.

My level 60 Altera putting in work!

Also, this has helped me IMMENSELY with figuring out the daily quest shit:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_daily.php

Unfortunately the localization is fucking horrid and nonsensical. Today the green quests are listed as "Monster Hunting" which is... I don't know. Thursday was Rider day in JP. Looks like it's Saber day today though?

chrono01

Unfortunately the localization is fucking horrid and nonsensical. Today the green quests are listed as "Monster Hunting" which is Rider day (I think).
Oh wow, thanks for that. Explains why I wasn't getting any Caster-related stuff. Back to EXP farming!

I guess Friday is when I farm for more ascension materials.

Unfortunately the localization is fucking horrid and nonsensical. Today the green quests are listed as "Monster Hunting" which is Rider day.

Herc cu and friend waver smashed through

I 2nd that today they had berserker materials and i had no idea could have gotten herc 2nd ascension

Rixa

Oh wow, thanks for that. Explains why I wasn't getting any Caster-related stuff. Back to EXP farming!

I guess Friday is when I farm for more ascension materials.

I farmed yesterday 30 AP green quests and only got 1/5 to Waver awoken mats.
I got many gold statues tho to different classes and silvers too. Is tomorrow again new try for Waver (50 -> 60) statues?

How do people have broken-level teams less than five days after the game went live?
Getting mats to drop from those green coloured daily quests. I was unlucky tho (see above) :/

SeanTSC

Hrm, I need 7 more silver Saber Pieces and 4 more Void's Dust to Ascend Altera again.

Think it's better to farm the 10/20/30 AP daily quests for those or try to farm the 7 AP area in Fuyuki?

Azusa

Unfortunately the localization is fucking horrid and nonsensical. Today the green quests are listed as "Monster Hunting" which is... I don't know. Thursday was Rider day in JP. Looks like it's Saber day today though?

It is OLD daily quest (green one). This quests dont exist on JP anymore. Name is correct.

They cant add new ones because we havent new maps with new monsters.

Maps:

Rixa

I do have 10 friend slots available.
Google docs is banned so I cant add myself to that.

IGN: RixGAF
ID: 065,620,136
Player level: 32 (should be more in the end of this day)
PLeader: Waver 50/50, CE The Imaginary Element

Feel free to toss friend request.
I won't accept friend requests from users that have lvl 1 Masha as leader (so change your leader).

SeanTSC

It is OLD daily quest (green one). This quests dont exist on JP anymore. Name is correct.

They cant add new ones because we havent new maps with new monsters.

Oh, okay. The localization on that page is still awful though Lance/Killing, ugh.

Uthred

Rather irritating that this doesn't work on rooted devices, means I can't play while out and about. Jonesing for some FGO.

SeanTSC

Oh man, I just did this wicked chain on a fight against a huge dragon. Buffed up Carmilla with my +Atk enhancement, used Siegfried's buffs, and used Altera's group +NP damage buff.

Then did a 3 Red NP chain with Siegfried > Altera > Carmilla. DESTROYED.

chrono01

I farmed yesterday 30 AP green quests and only got 1/5 to Waver awoken mats.
I got many gold statues tho to different classes and silvers too. Is tomorrow again new try for Waver (50 -> 60) statues?
I believe so, yeah. At least the wiki lists that day in-particular for caster-related stuff, so it should be the day for us to farm some materials.

Also, I agree with you about changing the leader to something other than Mash. I realize the game is new and all, so most people probably don't know how to properly set their leaders and such, but seeing people with Level 1 Mash in my Friend List is soul-crushing. :/

Azusa

All Story Quests done. New content when.
Now I have to farm the same nodes over and over again hoping for ascension mats to drop.

Cleared all strory missions with this team. I have farmed exp a bit before I started Septem map.

Also I find out why P in some places like the Order Complete looks like that. Its because of UI limitations. Localisation coding was done by DW themselves so I cant blame aniplex usa for this. Lazy devs.

Rixa

I believe so, yeah. At least the wiki lists that day in-particular for caster-related stuff, so it should be the day for us to farm some materials.

Also, I agree with you about changing the leader to something other than Mash. I realize the game is new and all, so most people probably don't know how to properly set their leaders and such, but seeing people with Level 1 Mash in my Friend List is soul-crushing. :/

Yupp.
Today farm 40 ap exp cards (and some QP). Burn the 3* exp cards for Mana Crystals and buy the rest (I have 2 left) summon tickets.

Tomorrow, farm green dungeon.

Articalys

From the way the high-level players are talking, it sounds like between stories and events playing the game is more of a highly-regimented, formulaic chore than it is fun.

chrono01

From the way the high-level players are talking, it sounds like between stories and events playing the game is more of a highly-regimented, formulaic chore than it is fun.
That pretty much goes for all gatcha games, honestly. :(

At least here we have a pretty compelling story to look forward to, when we finally do receive those new content patches. I also prefer the game not having an Auto Battle option (I know, I'll probably get criticism for this), as it makes it more of a "game" than a simple "set-it-and-forget-it" thing I do every few hours. I might get monotonous at times, farming the same map for ascension drops or whatever, but I'm okay with that. If I really get bored of the farming, I can always take small breaks in-between events, but as of right now I'm having fun just working on leveling/ascending my characters and such (not to mention working through the story at a nice pace).

Articalys

That pretty much goes for all gatcha games, honestly. :(
I think it's more specifically for the ones that have a "materials" system in the first place

Maybe I'm just getting a bad look of things because many of the people in this thread are longtime/hardcore players from the Japanese version applying/promoting the same practices here, which makes the game feel soulless. When Fire Emblem launched, for example, everyone was more or less in the same boat in terms of figuring things out so it never felt as imposing (and besides people were rerolling for waifus for a while anyway).
Farming is the same in just about any game. Coming from MMOs, the concept of farming upgrade items isn't exactly a foreign concept. This game lets you farm with BERSERKERS though.
Sorry, looks like I accidentally outdated your response since we were writing posts at the same time.

Farming is the same in just about any game. Coming from MMOs, the concept of farming upgrade items isn't exactly a foreign concept. This game lets you farm with BERSERKERS though.

Shadic7700

Hey so can I get Archer gems from the daily mission? EMYIA needs his first couple power ups. Also are the daily the only way to get Archer statues I need like 5 more for his second ascension

Azusa

I have already posted farm maps. Just check my previous posts today in this thread. You can farm different mats for ascension in Free Quests.

In my opinion its a waste to skillup skill at this point. The best skill level is lvl 6 and lvl 10. At level 6 skill cooldown will be reduced by 1 turn. Same for level 10.

1-3 skill levels wont change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom