• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

xequalsy

Added everyone I recognised from the spreadsheet. Names2hard, you were full up already :(

Everyone uses Herc more than my Altria :p Guess I should go ascend him asap.

bilas

Banned
I have 2 quests in the Interlude menu but still can't select them, any idea how/why? Thanks guys

Edit: It says unlocked by completing Singularity F but I don't know what that means..

Edit 2: Ok, it's story mode related

Azusa

You need to unlock them. I cant remember where to check the info how to unlock them. Maybe in character profile? Of course this info is definitely available on fgo wiki.

Usually its requires 1st ascension and/or bond 1 to 5.

I have 2 quests in the Interlude menu but still can't select them, any idea how/why? Thanks guys

Edit: It says unlocked by completing Singularity F but I don't know what that means..

Singularity F is Fuyuki, aka the prologue chapter. Complete the main quest for that and the interludes will become available. You also need to ascend certain Servants up to a certain point to unlock interludes and strengthening quests.

Zafir

By the way don't forget to set your shared unit under support setup in formation. I think I may have inadvertently said no to some people's requests because I thought they were a throw away reroller account or something because of it. xD

garath

I do have 10 friend slots available.
Google docs is banned so I cant add myself to that.

IGN: RixGAF
ID: 065,620,136
Player level: 32 (should be more in the end of this day)
PLeader: Waver 50/50, CE The Imaginary Element

Feel free to toss friend request.
I won't accept friend requests from users that have lvl 1 Masha as leader (so change your leader).

Sent you an invite. I'm garath and have a waver

Rixa

Iam refusing all the low level Mash without CE, doesnt matter what level player is.

Everyone should go:
> Menu
-> Formation
->> Support Setup
->>> Select All slot, add your best unit there and add CE to that unit there. You can add the rest of the slots too.

Basically like this:

Screenshot_20170629-142009.png

By the way don't forget to set your shared unit under support setup in formation. I think I may have inadvertently said no to some people's requests because I thought they were a throw away reroller account or something because of it. xD

Yeah this.

Sent you an invite. I'm garath and have a waver

Accepted.

sfried

FayGO exists as an extension of an already existing franchise, one that has multiple entries spanning more than a decade. Nothing is "required" in terms of prior experience with the franchise but this game is specifically made to be played by fans of the franchise and the underlying lore is incredibly dense so even a token attempt at exposition would probably be more confusing than useful. To their credit, they do not attempt to do this at all because they realize how futile it would be.

If you were from another planet and landed on Earth and knew nothing about Star Wars, you wouldn't jump into playing Star Wars: Battlefront and expect the game to spoon-feed you everything you are supposed to know about the Force and who Darth Vader is and stuff like that either. The same applies with Fate, which is altogether a more obscure franchise but equally dense in lore and mythology.
So your telling me the plot won't make sense at all unless I invest watching an entire 3 seasons woth of anime, play all the visual novels, play the spinoffs, etc..

Yup, its like watching the Gundam compilation movies all over again. I just wish somebody could boil down all these nonesense terminology... The game doesn't even have a glossary.

So your telling me the plot won't make sense at all unless I invest watching an entire 3 seasons woth of anime, play all the visual novels, play the spinoffs, etc..

Yup, its like watching the Gundam compilation movies all over again. I just wish somebody could boil down all these nonesense terminology... The game doesn't even have a glossary.

Plot itself is self contained. However there are references and such, and some characters get explored in new ways compared to original, which people won't appreaciate as much, if they haven';t seen original series

xequalsy

What terms do you want clarified? I'm sure we can explain at least some of it.

Sfried, with the time you've spent on this thread complaining about not wanting to watch the show, you could have already finished Fate/Zero lol.

But now seriously, I can't really say anything other than what everyone else has told you, which is that this is a self contained thing that contains elements from the Fate world. What you are doing is basically the same thing as complaining that you want to watch the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them, but don't want to spend the time watching all of Harry Potter. You can feel free to skip an entire lineage of content and you will do just fine, but the base knowledge is all there for your own pleasure if you so wish to go read/watch it.

Grazzt

Iam refusing all the low level Mash without CE, doesnt matter what level player is.

Everyone should go:
> Menu
-> Formation
->> Support Setup
->>> Select All slot, add your best unit there and add CE to that unit there. You can add the rest of the slots too.

Basically like this:

Screenshot_20170629-142009.png

Ah i just noticed that, thx. I was wondering why no one uses my Waver

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Considering the majority of the answers I got so far include some variation of "if you don't have him just make sure at least one of your friends does", that's not really relieving my concerns about how essential Waver is.

I'm not going to earn enough prisms to buy anything before the shop resets in a couple days so I'm not even worrying about that right now.

Kind of wish I had a different 4* than Herc from the tutorial, but trying again means I toss away the 5* as well.

I know the type of player you are from reading other gacha threads and you are way too focused on mixmaxing and being set up for future success. I don't really know how to explain it in a way to ease your mind. To give you an anecdote and a personal example, i destroyed the JP content minus Camelot. I did not have Waver. I rolled on a ton of characters and know what all the SSRs do for the most part. I know exactly what I want to roll as a result because I aim for a specific gameplay style. Not because it's OP but because I love that style. For the longest time I ran Quick teams and then I switched to Buster because my favorite character was a Buster character. The nature of the beast is that you don't NEED waver. I certainly didn't. Anyone who is making it sound like you need it is most likely giving you that message unconsciously.

Went through the list and added a bunch of people. I'm DraggyGAF using Altera.

Feels like a lot of people who used to play Chain Chronicle Global are here. Actually the way this whole game is setup reminds me of it (from dailies to the map layout to friend summons to mana prisms/rings), is this the same developer?

Also can anyone explain what Cirnopedia means by they describe Noble Phantasms? E.g

Rule Breaker
All Spells Must Be Broken

Powerful attack to 1 enemy [Level]
Dispels all buffs on the target
Increase own NP gauge [Overcharge]

Lvl 1 Lvl 2 Lvl 3 Lvl 4 Lvl 5
450% 600% 675%
20 40 60

I know you can upgrade the NP by fusing the same servant to itself, you can also chain multiple NPs in combat. And some characters can go above 100% charge normally (not sure how that works, since mine can't and only a few ally supports could) So if I fused 2 extra Medea to make it NP3 and used it as the second NP in a chain, what should happen?

Ala Alba

Went through the list and added a bunch of people. I'm DraggyGAF using Altera.

Feels like a lot of people who used to play Chain Chronicle Global are here. Actually the way this whole game is setup reminds me of it (from dailies to the map layout to friend summons to mana prisms/rings), is this the same developer?

Also can anyone explain what Cirnopedia means by they describe Noble Phantasms? E.g

Rule Breaker
All Spells Must Be Broken

Powerful attack to 1 enemy [Level]
Dispels all buffs on the target
Increase own NP gauge [Overcharge]

Lvl 1 Lvl 2 Lvl 3 Lvl 4 Lvl 5
450% 600% 675%
20 40 60

I know you can upgrade the NP by fusing the same servant to itself, you can also chain multiple NPs in combat. And some characters can go above 100% charge normally (not sure how that works, since mine can't and only a few ally supports could) So if I fused 2 extra Medea to make it NP3 and used it as the second NP in a chain, what should happen?

Assuming those numbers are correct, you'd do 675% damage and restore 40% NP gauge.

The natural % NP gauge limit increases as the NP level increases. At level 1 the limit is 100%. From 2-4 the limit is 200%. At level 5 the limit is 300%. This is just what you can charge in the gauge, though. Using NP in a chain will also have an increased effect based on [overcharge].

In most cases, going past 100% overcharge has very minimal benefits, and rarely does it increase damage.

Mupod

I've been doing the 30 AP ember gathering and it's pretty easy at this point. I'm a bit concerned about trying the 40AP one though, that's a big chunk of my AP if I fail it.

I think I've got Vlad at 42 and Tamamo Cat about 1000xp from 40. Tamacat seems to do most of the heavy lifting but I leave Vlad out front for support because people seem to pick him a lot more.

Basoes' Jeanne is my usual go-to support. It's nice when enemies hit her for 300 damage instead of critting my berserkers for 3000.

RSchmitz

I've been doing the 30 AP ember gathering and it's pretty easy at this point. I'm a bit concerned about trying the 40AP one though, that's a big chunk of my AP if I fail it.

I think I've got Vlad at 42 and Tamamo Cat about 1000xp from 40. Tamacat seems to do most of the heavy lifting but I leave Vlad out front for support because people seem to pick him a lot more.

Basoes' Jeanne is my usual go-to support. It's nice when enemies hit her for 300 damage instead of critting my berserkers for 3000.

From my experience, berserkers are not good at the 40ap. They die pretty fast, I think Herc has some survivor skill so he must be good.

I go with Waver, Tama Cat (dies at 2nd battle usually) and Jeanne support.

Feeling torn because I see so many people say they're saving their quartz for a later event, which is a good idea, but I also really want to get my own Jeanne right now.

There don't appear to be any launch jp events that interest me. But Jeanne had her own rate up event 3 months after launch.

I have more than enough people on my friend list with high level Jeannes I could use as support, except it just doesn't feel the same.

YjHGX0X.gif

RSchmitz

Feeling torn because I see so many people say they're saving their quartz for a later event, which is a good idea, but I also really want to get my own Jeanne right now.

There don't appear to be any launch jp events that interest me. But Jeanne had her own rate up event 3 months after launch.

I have more than enough people on my friend list with high level Jeanne's I could use as support, except it just doesn't feel the same.

YjHGX0X.gif

I´d wait. You will hate yourself if she has a rate up and you spent it all.

Mupod

Waver + any Saber = ez40AP daily today

Saber Lily is kind of all I have to work with...I really need to start leveling a wider variety of characters. But I've been turning my 3* exp cards into jello cubes for draw tickets since those are on a deadline.

I'm assuming these are on a schedule, so if I want to farm the 40AP one tomorrow, what should I work on? I have Lancer Cu and Rider Medusa I'd like to focus on next. Would be nice if they'd give us our free Servant pick so I could get the red man, but I do have Robin Hood.

For today, I've heard that Hans works as a ghetto Waver. Maybe I could use him with one of the high level Sabers from GAF?

RSchmitz

What are these summoning tickets you guys are mentioning and trading in for them?

You get Prisms for completing dailies. Go to the Prism Shop and you can buy the tickets there.

This game has way too many currencies. It´s the first phone game I´ve ever dedicated some time to but whew.

Blue-kun

It's amazing how incredibly useful Sasaki Kojiro is during the Orleans chapter, lol. Can't help but laugh at how mighty this 1* fellow is, even when compared with stronger units in this particular instance.

Assuming those numbers are correct, you'd do 675% damage and restore 40% NP gauge.

The natural % NP gauge limit increases as the NP level increases. At level 1 the limit is 100%. From 2-4 the limit is 200%. At level 5 the limit is 300%. This is just what you can charge in the gauge, though. Using NP in a chain will also have an increased effect based on [overcharge].

In most cases, going past 100% overcharge has very minimal benefits, and rarely does it increase damage.

I see thanks. I've been chaining them mostly to make use of Altera NP buff skill, but now I worry less if i chain just two instead of 3, since it seems its mainly the side effects and not the damage that gets buffed.

Is 3* Cu good for single target NP damage? I have 5* Altera, 4* Marie and 4* Martha and they all deal AOE damage. The DEF debuff does help in finishing off tough enemies with Buster attacks though.

Azusa

Is 3* Cu good for single target NP damage? I have 5* Altera, 4* Marie and 4* Martha and they all deal AOE damage. The DEF debuff does help in finishing off tough enemies with Buster attacks though.

Cu is good not only for his NP but for his skills. He can't die. Like really, 5 turn guts, 3 times evasion and he also has self-heal and can remove debuffs.

So, I started playing yesterday, got Heracles and Bathory as my 4* and I've been using Heracles for the story and daily challenges so far.
I like Heracles, as he can 1-shot anything so far, dealing as much damage as Lv 20+ supports while being 12 or so. But the problem is that it is very, very fragile. I have him at less than half HP most of the time because any attack is Super Effective against him.

I'm afraid it'll be one-shotted later in the story, as I don't have anything capable of healing and only Mash for making him invulnerable. Will he stay as a glass cannon as I level him up?

xequalsy

So, I started playing yesterday, got Heracles and Bathory as my 4* and I've been using Heracles for the story and daily challenges so far.
I like Heracles, as he can 1-shot anything so far, dealing as much damage as Lv 20+ supports while being 12 or so. But the problem is that it is very, very fragile. I have him at less than half HP most of the time because any attack is Super Effective against him.

I'm afraid it'll be one-shotted later in the story, as I don't have anything capable of healing and only Mash for making him invulnerable. Will he stay as a glass cannon as I level him up?

Not a JP veteran, but his second skill for example allows him to evade for a turn, so he'll become a little more durable than now at least. Also, if you get his bond level to 10, he gets a unique CE that allows him to revive 3 times with 500HP.

The reason why Heracles is so beloved (aside from his monstrous ATK stat) is that he gets a bunch of skills specifically to mitigate the frailty inherent of all Berserkers.

His second skill is an Evade skill, his third skill is a Guts skill (auto-revive), and his maxed out Bond CE basically gives him 3 more Guts casts.

He is literally capable of soloing (as in, no one else to buff him or act as a damage soak) the Act 1 final boss.

Ala Alba

Argh, this is annoying me. For the past two weeks, whenever I try to play F/GO (either JP or NA) using my wifi connection, it fails to connect to the server. It works fine using my 4G connection, except that all the re-rolls ate all my data for the month, and now it seems that I have been throttled (even though I supposedly have plenty of data left).

It's not a phone issue, either, because my old phone has the exact same issues. It isn't a wifi issue in general, because I have no problem using other apps over wifi.

Anyone have any thoughts about potential fixes?

Edit: Did not fix it, but using Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature works.

Kettch

Whew, 3 days of rerolling with nothing but 4 Artoria accounts. Wake up today and the first multi I do gives a double 5* Waver+Altera. Was kinda hoping for Jeanne, but I can't pass that up. Finally time to play the game.

My friend code is 780,502,052

Voror

Just started playing last night finally. Tutorial roll is random, right? I got two 4* Heracles in that one. I got the free stuff but haven't tried rolling again yet.

So is it generally good advice to just keep rerolling until you get any kind of 5*? Still doing the tutorial so I'll hold off a bit before putting in friends.

Looks like the benefit there is being able to summon their powerful servant if I understood right.

So I just got Vlad from a 10 pull and I can't help think I'm missing something. I leveled him to 20 which is 2 above my cat yet her stats crush his. It's 4K attack for the cat 3100 for Vlad. Maybe hp you say? Not even close she has 5900, I have to round up to say Vlad is at 4K. Not a big deal I guess but he is quite underwhelming to be a 5 star. He is certainly no Altera.

Almost done with the prologue, maybe he gets better?

Quonny

So I just got Vlad from a 10 pull and I can't help think I'm missing something. I leveled him to 20 which is 2 above my cat yet her stats crush his. It's 4K attack for the cat 3100 for Vlad. Maybe hp you say? Not even close she has 5900, I have to round up to say Vlad is at 4K. Not a big deal I guess but he is quite underwhelming to be a 5 star. He is certainly no Altera.

Vlad is part of the S curve. His stats are bad until a certain point then every level skyrockets his stats, then he slows down again.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Leveling

Ala Alba

Not all servants have the same growth curve. His attack at level 60 is currently the highest in the game at that level, and at maximum level (eventually) he will have significantly more attack than Cat ever will.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6k5uco/attack_value_comparisons_for_servants_159/

Vlad's attack at level 60 is higher than Cat's attack at level 80.

Basoes

Cu is good not only for his NP but for his skills. He can't die. Like really, 5 turn guts, 3 times evasion and he also has self-heal and can remove debuffs.

He seemed really good which is why he's already lvl 30 and ascended once =).

For those with JP experience, I understand events sometimes give out free 4*s? How much grinding is needed to max them out, and is it feasible as a F2Per? For example in Chain Chronicle, you can MLBing a demon requires good friends and good luck, while Tower events you probably need a very good team (of high level characters) prepped before the event started + consistently use up your stamina + have saved a bunch of stamina fruits.

Also how good are they even when maxed out? Saber Lily is supposedly terrible but if she's an exception and maxed free 4*s are close to a gatcha 5* (not considering OP powerhouses like Waver) that would be awesome.

Just to know, is there other way to use the gatcha without those rainbow stars?

I know that you have to use the rainbow prisms to get those stars. Are those only for that?

What can I do with my mana cubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom