• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO everything I have is still low level but Chrono's 60 Waver is a very strong carry. He can charge my Altera's NP and then I use the Drill That Pierces the Heavens and magic happens. My Master level isn't even high enough for me to do the 40 AP daily so I'm getting my exp cards from the 30 AP daily. Whatever works I guess.

Rixa

I have already posted farm maps. Just check my previous posts today in this thread. You can farm different mats for ascension in Free Quests.

Did I understood right that in those 3 pics, no love to Casters? Thus only by doing dailies?

chrono01

I think it's more specifically for the ones that have a "materials" system in the first place

Maybe I'm just getting a bad look of things because many of the people in this thread are longtime/hardcore players from the Japanese version applying/promoting the same practices here, which makes the game feel soulless. When Fire Emblem launched, for example, everyone was more or less in the same boat in terms of figuring things out so it never felt as imposing (and besides people were rerolling for waifus for a while anyway).
Honestly, I just play the game for the immediate, aside from re-rolling for Waver since I knew how in-demand he was in the Japanese release. I'm not too focused on upcoming events/characters/etc., just taking things a day at a time. The only thing I am currently planning for, is saving my Prism for Saber Alter, which I'd be doing anyway even if I didn't have knowledge of the Japanese release.

As for people who are min/maxing everything, grinding specific characters/skills for certain events, etc., I wouldn't bother too much with that. From what I've read, Fate/GO is extremely casual, in the sense that you don't really have to commit a large amount of time to get something out of it. Don't let the knowledge of everything that's coming up in the future distract you from the present, and enjoying things as they currently are. You'll have much more fun that way. :)

Thanks to Fishious, I finally have a Waifu account! Time to dig into the game for real!
Congratulations on leaving re-roll hell, and welcome to the game!

LMAO everything I have is still low level but Chrono's 60 Waver is a very strong carry. He can charge my Altera's NP and then I use the Drill That Pierces the Heavens and magic happens. My Master level isn't even high enough for me to do the 40 AP daily so I'm getting my exp cards from the 30 AP daily. Whatever works I guess.
Haha, glad I could be of help! The funny thing about Waver, is the more you level him the more useful he gets. I can't wait until I unlock his third skill, not to mention leveling the skill levels so they're usable at a greater frequency. I started the 30AP dailies too until I leveled up a few of my characters, no shame at all in going that route!

Also, sorry to everyone who currently sent me an invite and I haven't added them yet. I swear I didn't forget you! I'm keeping you all in my requests until I level up more and can add you. Hopefully, that won't take too long. This game is a popular one on GAF, so my limit was hit pretty quick with everyone playing, haha. Great to see the community thrive, here's hoping it stays that way.

Shadic7700

You can farm different mats for ascension in Free Quests.
In my opinion its a waste to skillup skill at this point.
1-3 skill levels wont change much.

Thanks for the advice the map is helpful too I'm currently at Orleans so it shouldn't be too hard but why are there so few places to farm Archer pieces? Berserker seems to be treated as well as Saber from the look of the drops!

Azusa

True chrono01. Its very casual and you can play as you want. No need to reroll no need to start with 5* and no need to grind mats now.

My plan is to not have a plan :D I will just roll whatever new gatcha appears and play with whatever servants I get. Its more fun than planning to get that specific servant and save quartz for years.

Also I have started to play JP FGO only last year so the first year of FGO is new for me too. Its just I know few things about leveling, CEs and how to use servants.

SephiZack

Set out on a journey to roll Waver (goal is actually getting Waver, so not looking for traded or gifted Waver accounts).

109 accounts rerolled
31+ hours of rerolling (total time)
No Waver yet

Articalys

aside from re-rolling for Waver since I knew how in-demand he was in the Japanese release.
Seriously, how critical is it to do this if I don't want to suffer later? I'm getting mixed readings from all the different reactions in the thread, between people who are just barreling ahead with whatever and those setting up parallel emulators in an attempt to generate the best possible starting lineup.

There's quite a dichotomy between "most of the game is balanced (inasmuch as a gacha game can be), Waver is just broken as fuck" and "without powerful enough characters that have the exact right skillset for late-game enemies, you'll be constantly hanging on by a thread" and I have no clue where this game actually falls along the line.

SephiZack

Seriously, how critical is it to do this if I don't want to suffer later? I'm getting mixed readings from all the different reactions in the thread, between people who are just barreling ahead with whatever and those setting up parallel emulators in an attempt to generate the best possible starting lineup.

There's quite a dichotomy between "most of the game is balanced (inasmuch as a gacha game can be), Waver is just broken as fuck" and "without a support card this powerful for late-game enemies, you'll be constantly hanging on by a thread" and I have no clue where this game actually falls along the line.

As someone who have been livestreaming my attempts, a lot of people told me that there is no need to reroll as you can complete end-game content with 2-3* and you will definitely also find at least 4* by the time you reach it

chrono01

Oh BTW, the green Jello cubes are good. In the future you'll be able to exchange your Jello for nice things.
So should I not trade jello in for summon tickets, 'cause I'm totally trading them in for summon tickets.

I need my summon tickets!

True chrono01. Its very casual and you can play as you want. No need to reroll no need to start with 5* and no need to grind mats now.

My plan is to not have a plan :D I will just roll whatever new gatcha appears and play with whatever servants I get. Its more fun than planning to get that specific servant and save quartz for years.

Also I have started to play JP FGO only last year so the first year of FGO is new for me too. Its just I know few things about leveling, CEs and how to use servants.
Yeah, I re-rolled since I always do when I play gatcha games (despite not being needed or not), but it's definitely refreshing to play one where the power creep doesn't actively force players to pull specific characters to be successful. If you do ever need a specific character, or one that might make a certain encounter easier, that's what friends are for!

Definitely enjoying the slower pace of the game, since there's no PVP/ranking events/etc. I can just take my time, learn thing, and have fun with the story. Great stuff!

Set out on a journey to roll Waver (goal is actually getting Waver, so not looking for traded or gifted Waver accounts).

109 accounts rerolled
31+ hours of rerolling (total time)
No Waver yet
Oh man, I linked your Twitch stream earlier in this thread earlier today (hope you don't mind). I watched a bit of it, and my condolences definitely go out to you. You so deserve that Waver, it's insane that you haven't gotten a single one yet out of all of those rolls (a few 5*, but of course not the single one you want most). At least it's free money and not out of your pocket, the amount of pulls you would have spent on these pulls otherwise...well, best not think about that, haha.

I wish you luck in obtaining Waver. Here's hoping your next batch of attempts work more in your favor!

There's quite a dichotomy between "most of the game is balanced (inasmuch as a gacha game can be), Waver is just broken as fuck" and "without powerful enough characters that have the exact right skillset for late-game enemies, you'll be constantly hanging on by a thread" and I have no clue where this game actually falls along the line.
He's not "needed" at all, just makes an easy F2P game even easier, and even then you can just use a friend so you don't even technically need one for yourself.

I wouldn't stress about not having one, but some (such as myself, SephiZack, and a few others in this thread), just want him because they like the character or want him for themselves (or both). Not needed, just nice to have. You're not at a disadvantage for not having him, so don't worry about it.

Grazzt

Farm day <3.
Totally going to do 40 ap exp dungeon whole day.

Screenshot_20170629-091614.png
Screenshot_20170629-091825.png

Waver + Altria + Friend Altera demolishes todays dungeon.

OMG three 5*...

T-Rex.

Banned

There's quite a dichotomy between "most of the game is balanced (inasmuch as a gacha game can be), Waver is just broken as fuck" and "without powerful enough cards that can do exactly X, Y, and Z for late-game enemies, you'll be constantly hanging on by a thread" and I have no clue where this game actually falls along the line.
The hardest Order is the 7th one which is Camelot. I got through it on my first Japanese account with one 5* (swimsuit Arturia) and a bunch of 4* like Nero, Scatach etc, it was tough but I just used a support Waver and got through it. You'll be fine.

There are people currently doing the latest missions using only a team of Cu's for example.

SephiZack

Oh man, I linked your Twitch stream earlier in this thread earlier today (hope you don't mind). I watched a bit of it, and my condolences definitely go out to you. You so deserve that Waver, it's insane that you haven't gotten a single one yet out of all of those rolls (a few 5*, but of course not the single one you want most). At least it's free money and not out of your pocket, the amount of pulls you would have spent on these pulls otherwise...well, best not think about that, haha.

I wish you luck in obtaining Waver. Here's hoping your next batch of attempts work more in your favor.

Oh, this is the first time I come into the OP so I didn't see it but don't worry, I don't mind people sharing my journey into hell xD
And if seeing how tedious rerolling is leads some people to decide not to do it, then even better

Tidd

Congratulations on leaving re-roll hell, and welcome to the game!

It's not like I rerolled until today. Once I got Heracles I was done with it and played until Lyon. But I wasn't feeling the account. Had like 0 affection to it. You know how it is without your waifus. :p

Well the game has a slot in your party reserved for Support. So just have friends with Waver and you'll always have a Waver available to you when you need him.

chrono01

Always get summon tickets first.
I figured as much, gotta get those tickets! :)

Oh, this is the first time I come into the OP so I didn't see it but don't worry, I don't mind people sharing my journey into hell xD
And if seeing how tedious rerolling is leads some people to decide not to do it, then even better
Yeah, re-rolling can definitely be a depressing experience for many, definitely not for everyone. I always find myself doing it regardless though, I guess I'm just wired that way, haha.

I hope it's a positive end for you, and you get that Waver.

It's not like I rerolled until today. Once I got Heracles I was done with it and played until Lyon. But I wasn't feeling the account. Had like 0 affection to it. You know how it is without your waifus. :p
That waifu pull, too strong! I know it well.

Kaname

Should I even bother rerolling if I plan to play it casually?
Only other gacha experience I have is Fire Emblem Heroes and I still managed to pull some 5 stars down the line without dropping money...

Articalys

Considering the majority of the answers I got so far include some variation of "if you don't have him just make sure at least one of your friends does", that's not really relieving my concerns about how essential Waver is.

I'm not going to earn enough prisms to buy anything before the shop resets in a couple days so I'm not even worrying about that right now.

Kind of wish I had a different 4* than Herc from the tutorial, but trying again means I toss away the 5* as well.

vareon

I'm at the point where I'm strong enough to beat the 30AP quest that gives 5000 exp and it immediately levels me up so I can take that quest again. This should last for a bit.

SephiZack

He's probably doing it because he's streaming it. Just giving a guy $5 isn't very entertaining. Then again neither is watching a guy do the stupid tutorial over and over for 26 hours.

I've been rerolling for random stuff since the first gacha game I ever played, just for the fun of it.

I started livestreaming those because people in discord were asking me to do it, I initially didn't want to do that.

4iL7hEm.png

This is when I was playing Nioh and forged 17k katanas for around 15 hours before starting the livestream
People in the Nioh OT here on GAF know me as some have followed my posts there, at that time I reached 40k forged katanas in 50 hours before I gave up

And I rerolled for 2 days on 4 different devices on Fire Emblem Heroes but never livestreamed that

Qurupeke

So, I see that the Japanese events took a while to start. I wonder if that will be the case on the US too. I'm not sure people will keep following the game if it takes like 2 months for the first event. I haven't played a lot of gacha games myself, but Fire Emblem had a good pacing, and there were various updates and new content to keep you interested every couple of weeks. I kind of hope the US release will receive content faster and it will catch up to the Japanese version eventually..

Tidd

So, I see that the Japanese events took a while to start. I wonder if that will be the case on the US too. I'm not sure people will keep following the game if it takes like 4 months for the first event. I haven't played a lot of gacha games myself, but Fire Emblem had a good pacing, and there were various updates and new content to keep you interested every couple of weeks. I kind of hope the US release will receive content faster and it will catch up to the Japanese version eventually..

There's no way they will wait that long. (Bi-)Weekly events are a necessity if you want to survive in the gacha game genre.

chrono01

Should I even bother rerolling if I plan to play it casually?
Only other gacha experience I have is Fire Emblem Heroes and I still managed to pull some 5 stars down the line without dropping money...
Yeah, you can clear content without a 5*, but it helps. Considering the rate for them are only 1%, it's why many re-roll for at least one before you start playing, but it's not really required. As mentioned a few times in this thread, there are people beating current content in Japan right now, with 3*/4* characters, so it's more about skill and team composition (and a little bit of luck) more than raw power. If you do need something specific, bring a friend.

That being said, if you don't mind re-rolling, I'd try for at least a 5* before you begin play, but again, not needed. Just nice to have.

Kind of wish I had a different 4* than Herc from the tutorial, but trying again means I toss away the 5* as well.
But Heracles is like...the best 4* character!

At least you'll be able to choose one of the starter 4* characters soon, so you'll at least have that to look forward to.

How is this game compared to GBF in term of Gacha and gameplay ?
Gameplay is completely different, gatcha rate isn't as generous (1% for 5* character, as opposed to 3% for SSR in GBF). Getting a team together is a lot easier though, since lots of different compositions work and you don't need to build a certain type. Hell, it helps to have multiple characters of differing types to cover your strengths/weaknesses. Story is really nice so far, too.

So, what are beginner's tips that one should be aware of?

E.g. Should I convert all the green jellos I have to summoning tickets?
From what I've read, yes. Grab those tickets!

Aside from that, I'd save them for any upcoming items we might get.

Approaching the finale of Chapter 1,Orleans, loving it so far. The story is way better than I expected.
Yeah, it's pretty interesting.

Shame Chapter 3 is apparently the weakest it's ever been in-game, so much so that the people behind it publicly apologized. At least it gets better from then onward, and never reaches that low again.

Wait, is Zhuge Liang actually good? I got it at my first summon attempt :O
Yes, you lucked out.

Congrats!

So, I see that the Japanese events took a while to start. I wonder if that will be the case on the US too. I'm not sure people will keep following the game if it takes like 4 months for the first event. I haven't played a lot of gacha games myself, but Fire Emblem had a good pacing, and there were various updates and new content to keep you interested every couple of weeks. I kind of hope the US release will receive content faster and it will catch up to the Japanese version eventually..

Well, that depends on if there were any events that came before Halloween in the original release. Considering the content for the events is already done, it'd be kinda silly if everyone was kept waiting for months before the first event. I believe Aniplex has said that English-exclusive events (though not Servants) is possible, maybe they might provide one or two mini-events each month to tide us over. Either that, or they move the schedule up for the most part, barring date-specific events.

Azusa

Considering the majority of the answers I got so far include some variation of "if you don't have him just make sure at least one of your friends does", that's not really relieving my concerns about how essential Waver is.

I'm not going to earn enough prisms to buy anything before the shop resets in a couple days so I'm not even worrying about that right now.

I can't say about others but I'm playing fgo jp for a year, f2p I must add, and never used waver support nor I have him in my inventory. He is overrated.

Grazzt

If you don't care AT ALL what you get I guess you could go ahead. If you care about a particular character wait until they have a rate up event.

What about summoning tickets. Should I wait till I get 10 of them so I can do 10X summon?
Edit: It seems 5 is the maximum...nvm

Articalys

But Heracles is like...the best 4* character!

At least you'll be able to choose one of the starter 4* characters soon, so you'll at least have that to look forward to.
But he's so boring as a character.
I had always planned to get EMIYA as my free starter anyway, and on my 2nd account I had tried, I got him in the tutorial and was then going to pick Liz, but now I'm back to only getting one of the two.

I can't say about others but I'm playing fgo jp for a year, f2p I must add, and never used waver support nor I have him in my inventory. He is overrated.
That is promising.

Rixa

I have already 30x Mana Prisms...Should I spend in something or wait?
Buy tix.

If you don't care AT ALL what you get I guess you could go ahead. If you care about a particular character wait until they have a rate up event.
^^ Mana prism, not Quartz.
What about summoning tickets. Should I wait till I get 10 of them so I can do 10X summon?
Edit: It seems 5 is the maximum...nvm

Get the summoning tickets. I think they replenish once every month.

Dandte

GO Gaf,

due to my jb i can olny play on my wifi only ipad, which means no playing over the day.

Can you ad me as a friend so i can use your strong servants to get the maximum out of my ap?

FC is: 001,462,240

I'm running either waver or Herc with Kaleidoscope.

Hope this will become a great community as brave exvius gaf is.

Also: i skipped theough the whole story and tutorial. Anyway to relive it? I have no other device to run the game on.
Maybe i have to use youtube.

T-Rex.

Banned
Are we allowed to discuss JP version here? Cuz new chapter of EoR is here and new servants!

Got all 3 new servants :b
Got the Berserker and Assassin from 2 summon tickets, and as always multiple 30 rolls gave me fuck all lmao.

Also: i skipped theough the whole story and tutorial. Anyway to relive it? I have no other device to run the game on.
You can view all the cutscenes again from My Room.

jonjonaug

GO Gaf,

due to my jb i can olny play on my wifi only ipad, which means no playing over the day.

Can you ad me as a friend so i can use your strong servants to get the maximum out of my ap?

FC is: 001,462,240

I'm running either waver or Herc with Kaleidoscope.

Hope this will get a great community as brave exvius gaf is.

Added ya, Serafina's my PC name.

I think the "First Order" anime special is pretty much an adaptation of the prologue.

Azusa

Check My Room -> Material -> Singularity Log for main story.

I have added you. My tama cat should help you to clear every stage you want.

Quonny

Yeah it took me a while to find where I could watch the story scenes. "Material" in gacha world is usually like a list of upgrade material or currency.

alpha69

Just started yesterday. Pretty fun so far, I could use some friends though. Here's my ID for anyone who don't mind being friend with a newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom