• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite "Celebrities" that are Gamers

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
And Jamie Lee Curtis plays Street Fighter with her son apparently.

Actually, she went to EVO this year with her family, cosplayed as Vega

1348011635106479760.jpg

Auctopus

That first Aisha quote is so cringe.

Tbh, due to recent events, I'd say Danny Brown even though I've never heard his music/what he does.

He goes in hard on his twitter.

igor

http://actuallygrimes.tumblr.com

Grimes plays games and makes references to games a lot - she even said the music video to Genesis was inspired by the Legend of Zelda. She and Elite Gymnastics used to talk about Animal Crossing a lot when it came out.

Also Flying Lotus is big into gaming, I don't remember what was it exactly but I remember I was impressed (so probably something Japanese). He also was responsible for one of the music channels in GTA5.

Shaneus

I know that here in the UK the actor Noel Clarke plays various games, as well as James Buckley (the inbetweeners) and Peter Serafinowicz too.
I know, old post, but I'm more of a fan of the "celebs" that casually post about gaming vs. the ones that harp on about it for a bit then don't say a thing at all. Plus, Serafinowicz is the man.

Actually came into the thread to mention him.

jack black conquered project gotham racing 2
jackblackonswc.jpg
Hah, came to post this. Suspected it would've been posted anyways.

Deadmau5 playing Assetto Corsa with Oculus Rift DK2:

http://instagram.com/p/ubm30TOxxF/

Good man. :)
Deadmau5 redeemed ever so slightly. But damn, he has an Oculus but only using a G27? What the fuck.

I'm not a big fan of (American) Football, but I think I could call myself a fan of Marshawn Lynch after watching him on Conan's clueless gamer series.

https://youtu.be/MNpkSyryQz4

I did not expect him to answer the question about his favorite game with Mario Kart. Gronkowski seems pretty cool too.

Vercimber

PETER SERAFINOWICZ

or

"the asshole who lives with Shaun and Ed in Shaun of the Dead"

or

the genius behind The Peter Serafinowicz show

or

one of the geniuses behind Look Around You

kanuuna

Porter Robinson is big into games if I recall correctly. Worlds was largely inspired by his expreriences playing MMOs, and he streamed said album on Twitch around the time of it's release. Also played Guild Wars 2 on that stream and played a game with the chat where he (himself) would play tunes from old games (older JRPGs) and let the chat guess what it is.

The stream in question I think.

Also he was interested in composing for No Man's Sky but I'm not sure what came of that.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Rapper J.Cole plays some games

Even played splinter cell balcklist with conan on his clueless gamer show

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Oh, I don't think Kanye was mentioned yet? Keighley gave him a tour this E3:

SVTe0XW.png

Here he was playing Street Fighter. But apparently he also has a thing for Persona?

qQlIbjI.jpg

That's supposed to be a Persona badge on him (Dancing all Night), with the character Rise on it. Not familiar with the series

He also got an Uncharted private screening and played Cuphead

Oh, I don't think Kanye was mentioned yet? Keighley gave him a tour this E3:

Here he was playing Street Fighter. But apparently he also has a thing for Persona?

That's supposed to be a Persona badge on him (Dancing all Night), with the character Rise on it. Not familiar with the series

He also got an Uncharted private screening and played Cuphead

Nah, he's not a fan of Persona. That Persona cutout came with every E3 badge holder. He just didn't take it out in that pic. In the first pic you posted, he had it removed already.

Triz

Hunter Pence from the Giants. I've played Diablo, Hearthstone, and Smash Bros. with him. He loves games.

While no means my favorite, I found it kinda cool that Tinashe (the lady who sang 2 On) played through GTA 5 4 times. She says so in this Pitchfork interview.

Also, Yeezus gave his blessing to Cuphead? Automatic game of the year. Thank you, Yeezy.

Steven Spielberg is a fan of gaming, he was going to cameo in the Mortal Kombat movie as the director on the set the martial arts movie where Johnny Cage is introduced, but he was busy filming at the time.

Kumail Nanjiani is the only true celebrity gamer I know of. He has his own game podcast and actually knows detailed stuff about theme, and sometimes Pete Holmes.

MrS

Banned
Lil B and Danny Brown are my favourite gamer "celebrities". Lil B's game collection is crazy!

He loved Dark Souls 1 so much that he got to voice a character in Dark Souls 2, Mild Mannered Pate. I think there's a video out there showing him reading some lines.

Steven Spielberg is a fan of gaming, he was going to cameo in the Mortal Kombat movie as the director on the set the martial arts movie where Johnny Cage is introduced, but he was busy filming at the time.

He also produced some the Boom Blox games as well. Not that many celebs have actually created a video game, have they?

Cedric

Lupe Fiasco, Sir Michael Rocks, Del tha Funkee Homosapien and Flying Lotus all play games that I like. I feel like maybe Cam'ron is into Final Fantasy? Don't know where I took that from.

Top Bottom