• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite "Celebrities" that are Gamers

Will Arnett talked about being a big CoD fan on Conan back in the MW2 days.

Ha, I remember this! Conan asked what he was up to now that whatever project he was on was over (Maybe it was Arrested?), and Will says "Well, Call of Duty isn't going to play itself" and I think he told a story about telling kids off on Xbox Live, not sure.

Ricker

megan-fox-gamer.jpg

Megan Fox, I remember she said she was a big Halo: Reach fan. Bonus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7R7m3e2S0

Yep and also Transformers the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwdAX67ylA

Noteable quote... ''Shia will have a huge career'' ;)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
megan plays video games?
Now i can relate to her.

What movies of her do i need to watch ?

SgtCobra

Is it just me, or do most celeb gamers play on Xbox?
Lots of these pictures are when the Xbox 360 used to be the hottest HD console on the market (not many competitors but hey)
Also, lots of celebrities itt are US based, a place where the Xbox brand is still pretty strong.

Carl from the Walking Dead and the main protagonist from Silicon Valley both stream on Twitch.

Carl was streaming League of Legends while the Silicon Valley guy was steaming ARK.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Chris Evans is a Zelda fan! <3

I mean... lbr it was probably just a photo op but let me just dream that Cap argues about the Zelda timeline on message boards, ok?

Chris%20Evans.jpg

iBlue

Gaming is part of our culture no surprise famous people are into it. The thing we know for sure they aren't the ones arguing about the stupidest things online..

Comedians Paul F. Tompkins and Pete Holmes are into games. They used to be play in Los Angeles Halo LAN parties with other comedians, and I once heard Pete reference Streets of Rage 2 in his standup. Paul also had a little talk about gaming (Red Dead Redemption, collecting items, Skyrim, "gamergate", and fake geek girls) on the most recent episode of Spontaneanation, his improv podcast.

Aranath

Trey Azagthoth of Morbid Angel used to have a Quake clan with his wife back in the day, if I remember correctly.

lazygecko

I remember reading an interview with film director Josef Fares almost 15 years ago talking about what a big gamer he was, and that some day he would like to try and make his own game. I thought to myself "yeah, like that'll happen."

Then he finally made Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons with Starbreeze.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
1) t-Pain

He is one of the few streamers I can watch and happens to be a cool guy as well.

2) Lil B because he has the best game's collection.

amigastar

The Wu Tang Clan. Method man and Rza have been gaming for years
Yes, Redman also.
Anyone remember his MTV Cribs episode in this small house with a console (i think it was the Dreamcast) hooked to a TV?
He smokes weed so i'm not that surprised he likes gaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom