• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI foils a murderous Jade Helm 15 retaliation plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's call these crazy people sane and assume they're right, that the military is going to impose martial law.

What makes them think that buying a bunch of shit from a military surplus store (aka shit the military doesn't want) is going to put them toe-to-toe against a government with military technology that you can't buy off a dude in a warehouse?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
We gonna draxx. Them. Sklaunst

med_1436654710_image.jpg

Dem Jade Helms army folks trying to get froggy...

Walpurgis

Banned
So let's call these crazy people sane and assume they're right, that the military is going to impose martial law.

What makes them think that buying a bunch of shit from a military surplus store (aka shit the military doesn't want) is going to put them toe-to-toe against a government with military technology that you can't buy off a dude in a warehouse?
Isn't this the one of the reasons why so many Americans keep guns in their homes?

Mimosa97

Feels like americans only get angry when it's foreigners who attack them. When it's homegrown terrorists, people are just like " Eh ... No big deal ".

Feels like americans only get angry when it's foreigners who attack them. When it's homegrown terrorists, people are just like " Eh ... No big deal ".

1. #NotAllAmericans
2. Pretty much every country in the world is exactly the same in this regard.
3. The FBI and other law enforcement agencies take domestic terrorism extremely seriously.
4. What do you expect the United States to do? Declare war on itsel- oh my god the Jade Helmers were right!!!

xbhaskarx

amassing weaponry allegedly to combat what they believe is the government’s plan to impose martial law through (among other things) the multistate military exercise known as Jade Helm.

Red Dawn 2: Obama's America

Vandiger

They fall into that category of McVeigh and the Unabomber....will they be sent to Gitmo or just some supermax prision :p

mr2xxx

Banned
So did the right wing media really stir shit up about this? I had some lady in So Cal in front of cost co, call me over and started telling me to be aware of Jade Helm and to Google it. I gave her a confused WTF face and asked her for actual info about it, she just said google it. Fuck you crazy lady, stop being lazy.

And so goes the circular logic of conspiracy law.
It is what it is.

But it does require at least two people and taking an affirmative step in the direction of committing the crime. So it is a way to actually prevent further crimes. We don't just want to always being prosecuting AFTER someone has been killed or robbed.

But is it 'pre-crime'? No. That's just one person thinking about committing a crime.

Arkeband

Banned
I bet they're sitting in jail freaking out thinking that the military's 'getting away with it' in their absence.

Mimosa97

Yah, the Oklahoma bombing... eh.. no big deal guyz.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who think that 9/11 is the first " big " terrorist act perpetrated on US soil.

1. #NotAllAmericans
2. Pretty much every country in the world is exactly the same in this regard.
3. The FBI and other law enforcement agencies take domestic terrorism extremely seriously.
4. What do you expect the United States to do? Declare war on itsel- oh my god the Jade Helmers were right!!!

I'm lazy so yeah I shouldn't have said americans. I meant conservatives who can't stop talking about how dem muslims are coming to gettussss and don't really care about white supremacists and groups of the sort who pose a legit threat to national security.

And no it's not all countries. A lot of countries are very very hard on far-right groups who pose a terrorist threat. France is a good example. And those are like kittens compared to their american counterparts.

As for the FBI and the administration, right after the Dylan Roof shooting, I saw an ex-FBI analyst saying on the news that there weren't enough analysts working on local threats. Almost all the manpower is dedicated to fighting islamic terrorism. It's understandable but the guy was genuinely worried. Maybe the recent incidents will have repercussions ?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
These guys are literally the equivalent of domestic suicide bombers.

Fucking ashats were planning to ambush the army

Basically more angry white men? it's almost always the paranoid, angry, white men with delusions of the super evil government is after them/ too powerful and it's up to them to murder innocents to correct this wrong.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Basically more angry white men? it's almost always the paranoid, angry, white men with delusions of the super evil government is after them/ too powerful and it's up to them to murder innocents to correct this wrong.

Whenever democrats are in charge they go extra crazy. I feel conservative media riles them up but nobody could ever prove it.

It is what it is.

But it does require at least two people and taking an affirmative step in the direction of committing the crime. So it is a way to actually prevent further crimes. We don't just want to always being prosecuting AFTER someone has been killed or robbed.

But is it 'pre-crime'? No. That's just one person thinking about committing a crime.

Yeah, but as you know, the "substantial step" test is really flexible in some jurisdictions. When it comes to these FBI "terrorism" busts, the 'substantial step' can be accidentally glancing at a federal informant.

And although not a factor in this case, one of the things that discuss me most about conspiracy laws is how they're used to 'pile on' charges for people who have committed other crimes - like drug dealing. This is a particularly popular practice among NYC DA's when prosecuting young black men.

Armaros

The crazy thing about them is when the government does nothing they will beat their chest and say it's because the gov realized these people knew about their plans and so are now doing a new more insidious plan!

To conspiracy theorists.

The government is simultaneously ultra-competent and ultra-incompetent about these things. They can plan these extremely intricate plans to fly planes into the Twin Towers, have government agents shoot up a school or movie theater, yet allows these people to somehow figure out their plans and speak about it publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom