• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season One - Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The guy missing half his face just wanted to give them a friendly hug.

I mean, in real life (and especially in a universe where zombies don't exist) if you saw someone who was severely injured (ran over, shot, etc.) and moving towards you or struggling on the ground, your first thought wouldn't be "he wants to eat me!"

I mean, in real life (and especially in a universe where zombies don't exist) if you saw someone who was severely injured (ran over, shot, etc.) and moving towards you or struggling on the ground, your first thought wouldn't be "he wants to eat me!"

Probably not but I wouldnt walk up to him like Parents of the Year did. If not from shock then from fear of them being on bath salts.

Daffy Duck

Just watched the pilot, really enjoyed it, the change of pace was welcome and it's interesting seeing it unfold like this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I love how varied the opinions are in here, by the way:

"I really enjoyed it!"

"That was terrible."

"The junkie kid was the best character."

"Junkie was insufferable."

"This was like a breath of fresh air."

"Hated it. Grating and cliche after cliche."

"I found the mom to be my favorite character."

"The mom is the worst."

"I really enjoyed the slow pace."

"Too slow."

"I really enjoyed it!"

"That was terrible."

"The mom is the worst."

"Too slow."

GAF Forever!

GAF should die!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What is this nonsense?

A half hour standalone special featuring a novel zombie story that isn't possible on either of the TV series, which will be used to introduce a new character onto the second season of Fear the Walking Dead. Basically, a backstory special for a new character (which is what they should have been doing all along with their previous webseries tbh).

RootCause

I just started watching Sense 8 and the junkie kid is a junkie
Typecasted to the max
I'd watch anything with junkie kid. Seemed like a very believable character.
Can't wait for ep 2. I'm concerned that once the apocalypse takes over its going to be pretty much the same thing as the walking dead, just on a different place. Hope they try to differentiate it a little, not sure how they can do that. :p

"I really enjoyed it!"

"That was terrible."

"The mom is the worst."

"Too slow."

To be fair to people who didn't like the pilot episode of Fear, it's nowhere even near the same league as the pilot of the original TWD. But hey, Darabont directed that episode himself.

I miss Jon Bernthal in this show so much ;_;

Jonm1010

Banned
To be fair to people who didn't like the pilot episode of Fear, it's nowhere even near the same league as the pilot of the original TWD. But hey, Darabont directed that episode himself.

I miss Jon Bernthal in this show so much ;_;
I loved Bernthal in pretty much everything he has done except The Walking Dead.

TripOpt55

Finally watched this. It was alright I guess. I liked the junkie kid really not being sure if he saw what he saw at the church and so on as the episode went on. He played it well I thought. I will keep watching. Hopefully it improves. I think I like the premise of the show (or at least it being centered around the outbreak) more after watching the episode. I guess I wasn't sure if I wanted that at first, but it could be interesting. The girl from The 100 is super good looking too which doesn't hurt.

RDreamer

I honestly enjoyed the episode. Maybe I didn't have the highest expectations or something, but it was pretty much exactly what I expected.

jesu

The junkie doesn't look like any junkie I've ever known.
What is he addicted to, moisturizer?
Johnny Depp pills?

Bandit1

Fear-the-Walking-Dead-Tobias-Lincoln-A.-Castellanos.jpg

Ready for episode 2 tonight!

Anybody know if I can watch this live on the website tonight?

The Pilot wasn't available live, for whatever reason. All of S5 of Walking Dead was good to go as it was shown on TV, so unless they changed something there must have been a screw up on the site.

DedValve

Banned
Love the constant and increasing sounds of sirens and helicopters in the background that nobody notices, that was a cool touch.

Excited for the rest of the season.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait. Really hope this does well, I want a season 2, and I want a Talking Dead for this. Fear the Talking Dead? Sucks its only 6 episodes, but thats ok this time, because once its over TWD starts.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Can't wait. Really hope this does well, I want a season 2, and I want a Talking Dead for this. Fear the Talking Dead? Sucks its only 6 episodes, but thats ok this time, because once its over TWD starts.

It's already been renewed for a 15 episode second season.

Pryce

I hope we get more scenes like the one by the freeway turnoff. That was the most intense part of it after re-watching.

Give me five more episodes like that, please.

Time to see how many people bitch about what tonight.
Lulz.

Also, what is it with this family and walking in the middle of the damn street?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
One thing I didn't notice about the opening was the (intentional or not) reference to Of Mice and Men when the black guy was going to kill junkie kid.

Still can't watch live on the website.

I really, really hope that changes for TWD when that comes back. It's the only show that makes me regret cutting cable.

I am impressed at how annoying the title card is considering it's only like 3 seconds long. Like it's a trying to be a "screamer" and attempt to give you a seizure at the same time.

Top Bottom