• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

This a thing happening in house shows

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ho_at_a_house_show_in_germany_in_a_neckbrace/

You can bet your ass they're gonna try this on Raw, and it'll backfire so bad people will start cheering for KO again and all of his hard earned nuclear heat will die in an instant

Didn't that guy, Sami something had a beef with Owens? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to help Jer... ah, who fucking cares. Roman's gotta be involved in every cool shit Raw does, like, no questions asked.

- Styles was apparently supposed to take the fall in the triple threat with Wyatt and Cena, but Cena pushed and got it changed to him taking the fall instead.

The Cena passive-aggressiveness towards Styles is really infuriating.

Next week.

Somehow my invitation to the rumble seems to have been lost. Surely one such as myself, having recently performed a 6 star match in New Japan GAF Wrestling would warrant an invite, but I guess I'm just too good for you people.

When I do deign to grace you with my presence, you can be sure I will...

l44Q8a1FE2neGfxOU.gif

Hey hey hey brother... as the reigning GWGP Heavyweight Champion here in Gaf Japan Pro Wrestling (GJPW) I must as you to find a different Japanese company to parody as your New Japan GAF Wrestling is going to cause brand and market confusion.

Might I recommend All Japan GAF Wrestling.

Also get a new gimmick son. The I'm too good for GWF cause I'm selling out the Tokyo Dome is my gimmick.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hey hey hey brother... as the reigning GWGP Heavyweight Champion here in Gaf Japan Pro Wrestling (GJPW) I must as you to find a different Japanese company to parody as your New Japan GAF Wrestling is going to cause brand and market confusion.

Might I recommend All Japan GAF Wrestling.

Also get a new gimmick son. The I'm too good for GWF cause I'm selling out the Tokyo Dome is my gimmick.

I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour.

I lift barbell plates. I eat T-bone steaks. I'm sweeter than a German chocolate cake. How much more of me can you take?

I am the women's pet, the men's regret. What you see is what you get. And what you don't see is better yet.

I'm the reflection of perfection, the number one selection.

Tokyo Dome is my home.

Striker

Ego or not, you're stretching like Dhalsim if you think that Triple H was the bigger issue than Steiner was in that feud.
Why? He was not putting any WCW guys over (throw in RVD and Taz as well) and in the process made the match(es) look poor to twist the idea the people he's working with don't deserve a main event spot. His buddy Kevin Nash had a HiaC match and it made Nash look like a total wimp in the end. He gave no shits. Kurt Angle is too small for a main eventer or going out and squashing all the people Hollywood Rock put over in '03.

Was Scott out of shape after taking like eight months off? Likely but he wasn't the one out there sabotaging his coworkers because he thinks he's a God in pro wrestling.

I'm the man of the hour, the man with the power, too sweet to be sour.

I lift barbell plates. I eat T-bone steaks. I'm sweeter than a German chocolate cake. How much more of me can you take?

I am the women's pet, the men's regret. What you see is what you get. And what you don't see is better yet.

I'm the reflection of perfection, the number one selection.

Tokyo Dome is my home.

*superkick*

xtrC35h.gif

The $500,000 Gimmick: Glacier, WCW’s Big Bet On A Bad Idea

Twenty years later, the man who played Glacier looks back on one of pro wrestling's most infamous gimmicks

2017_02_21_Glacier_GimmickRunsCold1580964866.png

Gonna read this when I have a minute.

DDP is a nice guy

“Ray might have just been a forgotten guy. But he’s not. The character and what they did with it is memorable,” Page said, adding: “He never got to the heights that he was destined for—and deserved. Ray Lloyd put the time in. He paid the dues and is literally the nicest human being in our business. He still got a good run.”

edit: The Blue lights for glacier..just like Sin Cara!

Ha, this is a pretty great quote

“Lou, I never expected my break to come like this, and I don’t know if I want this,” Lloyd told him.

“Ray, pro wrestling is never going to go back to what you and I want it to be,” Thesz replied. “This is your opportunity. Go make your money.”

UberTag

- Hardys contract situation is still up in the air. TNA deals expire this week or next. WWE badly wants them.
We're not seriously going to be blessed with Broken Matt Hardy at Mania this year, are we?
Surely TNA will get them to re-sign. The WWE is just going to ruin this gimmick like they do everything else. (Although not before a New Day or Wyatts vs. Hardys feud.)

Hasney

We're not seriously going to be blessed with Broken Matt Hardy at Mania this year, are we?
Surely TNA will get them to re-sign. The WWE is just going to ruin this gimmick like they do everything else. (Although not before a New Day or Wyatts vs. Hardys feud.)

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Matt is pushing for some sort of creative input or a path for his character in negotiations. He seems pretty set financially especially now he can get booked in anything he damn well pleases.

I'm impressed Ember Moon managed to make her creepy dark gothic girl/super baby face disjointed character even worse this week.

She looked extra creepy with her hair almost covering half her face at the very top of her entrance and then tonight she didn't even wait till she did her anime pose in the ring to shift into yaaay I'm happy to be here super baby face mode. She dropped her "character" on the ramp this time

I really hate this fucking character.

If you guys honestly think the WWE is going to let The Hardy Boyz come in with the gimmick that 300k people watch on a network where they outdrawn by The Young & The Restless reruns, you're insane.

They'll be the normal Hardyz at first, to get that pop and sell some merch. They might make some DELETE or dilapidated boat references and the WWE might even sell a Vanguard One plushie or something.

If you guys honestly think the WWE is going to let The Hardy Boyz come in with the gimmick that 300k people watch on a network where they outdrawn by The Young & The Restless reruns, you're insane.

They'll be the normal Hardyz at first, to get that pop and sell some merch. They might make some DELETE or dilapidated boat references and the WWE might even sell a Vanguard One plushie or something.

If that's what they offer the Hardys. They'll probably just ya know not not sign there

Hasney

They could bring them in as they are now and give a backstory as to them being broken due while being away from the WWE for so long. Hell. It could be the reason he's broken. Being fired.

If that's what they offer the Hardys. They'll probably just ya know not not sign there

Depends, even if they're brought in as the Hardys, they could still be broken later.

They could bring them in as they are now and give a backstory as to them being broken due while being away from the WWE for so long. Hell. It could be the reason he's broken. Being fired.

Depends, even if they're brought in as the Hardys, they could still be broken later.

I mean it just all depends what the Hardys wanna do. If they want to keep up being broken and WWE doesn’t want them to, they'll just keep doing what they're doing now. Ball is entirely in their court.

Or they could come in as the regular Hardy's and actually sell lots of merch to casual fans who have never seen a second of TNA. I mean, if the Hardy's don't care about money and want to continue their wacked out feud in front of 500 fans at Impact tapings, good for them.

Bwhahahahaha. That'd be such a WWE thing to do.

So, what should Roman Reigns do as a top babyface?

Because if he acts like a badass and beats heels who are in a handicap match with him 2-on-1, you sensibly chuckle and say, "oh, Roman's the real heel here" ignoring 40 years of babyfaces beating up numerous heels with chairs, baseball bats, and the like,.

Now, he acts like the purest babyface in the world and saves Jericho from getting beat up by this to vicious heel, and he's not allowed to do that because that's stealing Jericho's heat or something.

Since after all, if he doesn't save somebody, everyone here will be like, "oh, Roman isn't even a real babyface who cares about other faces."

Or they could come in as the regular Hardy's and actually sell lots of merch to casual fans who have never seen a second of TNA. I mean, if the Hardy's don't care about money and want to continue their wacked out feud in front of 500 fans at Impact tapings, good for them.

So, what should Roman Reigns do as a top babyface?

Because if he acts like a badass and beats heels who are in a handicap match with him 2-on-1, you sensibly chuckle and say, "oh, Roman's the real heel here" ignoring 40 years of babyfaces beating up numerous heels with chairs, baseball bats, and the like,.

Now, he acts like the purest babyface in the world and saves Jericho from getting beat up by this to vicious heel, and he's not allowed to do that because that's stealing Jericho's heat or something.

Since after all, if he doesn't save somebody, everyone here will be like, "oh, Roman isn't even a real babyface who cares about other faces."

I'm laughing because Reigns is not salvageable as a top face right now.

If Reigns doesn't save Jericho absolutely no one will be asking why Reigns didn't come out to save him

I'm laughing because Reigns is not salvageable as a top face right now.

If Reigns doesn't save Jericho absolutely no one will be asking why Reigns didn't come out to save him

Oh, no one will actually care about it, but it'll be brought up as proof Reigns isn't a real babyface in a few weeks whenever Roman 'triggers' Smart Fans when he invades their Safe Space and pins a guy they like.

UberTag

The Reigns isn't a real babyface excuse for not rescuing some face in peril argument only flew when those faces in peril were Ambrose or the Usos. It makes ZERO sense for anyone to expect him to come out and save Jericho and people are right to call foul on him for the WWE booking him to do so.

If anything, Roman should only be coming out to save faces that Braun is beating up because he's feuding with Braun.

The Reigns isn't a real babyface excuse for not rescuing some face in peril argument only flew when those faces in peril were Ambrose or the Usos. It makes ZERO sense for anyone to expect him to come out and save Jericho and people are right to call foul on him for the WWE booking him to do so.

If anything, Roman should only be coming out to save faces that Braun is beating up because he's feuding with Braun.

Yeah there's zero connection between Reigns and Jericho (other than Jericho constantly screwing him over) thus there's zero expectation. Him coming out is way more forced and unnatural to the story than him coming out.

That said it is probably just a house show thing and I'm not convinced we'll see it on TV.

I hope it's fake but if it's real I hope she stops doing that unnecessarily dangerous spot, maybe keep it for big matches but it's just excessive for random NXT tv episodes, both for her and her opponents.
Bluntly I hate that move. Well more I hate it as a regular finisher. It should be used in occasion. Figured it was only a matter of time till someone's neck got fucked up by it

Yep. It's a cool move that gets kinda boring after a while and looks as you said unnecessarily dangerous. It was only a matter of time imo that someone was gonna get hurt by it

She's been using the move for somewhere around eight or nine years and don't recall ever hearing anyone being injured by it, didn't see how Billie went with it and haven't seen any reports on that part. I do agree I wish it was used a bit less, I'd prefer it to be a "super finisher", especially not needed for "jobber" matches but her finish is part of what helped make her name in the first place.

Also do wish she had a defined character but a part of me suspects that it got altered to drop whatever super natural element it might've had because of other gimmicks, specifically Finn but who knows... Maybe it was never actually intended, I just look at is as she's still basically Athena with a different name and contacts.

Also do wish she had a defined character but a part of me suspects that it got altered to drop whatever super natural element it might've had because of other gimmicks, specifically Finn but who knows... Maybe it was never actually intended, I just look at is as she's still basically Athena with a different name and contacts.

It's just really annoying. She should just drop the look. It'd make her feel more whole.

Striker

Jeff would make money either way. He made more than Cena at one point in merch and was one of their top money guys period before he left. I wouldn't see that changing. Matt is better off in TNA + elsewhere because they would have no idea how to use him right.

A nostalgia recourse is okay but won't settle anything more than a few months, ala Dudleys and misusing Bubba Ray.

Why? He was not putting any WCW guys over (throw in RVD and Taz as well) and in the process made the match(es) look poor to twist the idea the people he's working with don't deserve a main event spot. His buddy Kevin Nash had a HiaC match and it made Nash look like a total wimp in the end. He gave no shits. Kurt Angle is too small for a main eventer or going out and squashing all the people Hollywood Rock put over in '03.

Was Scott out of shape after taking like eight months off? Likely but he wasn't the one out there sabotaging his coworkers because he thinks he's a God in pro wrestling.

I'm not buying it. Do you have any proof that Triple H was intentionally sandbagging against Scott Steiner? Because there's plenty of evidence to show that Scott just isn't that good in the ring beyond his WCW tenure. Botches upon botches upon botches. It's one of the reasons why he's so entertaining, but I'm gonna call a spade a spade.

Caderfix

I've been hoping for a Jeff Hardy return every year since he left the WWE. When and if he returns, I hope he doesn't bring the Broken persona with him.

Striker

Not saying Scott didn't have his issues. But that match was never, ever going to be good. They were not letting any WCW guy walk and look good, especially over Triple H.

Taker is a totally different cut but he did the very same thing to DDP. If those two met and wrestled in 2008 or 2011, they would have been great, but not in 2001-2003.

Pikma

Banned
I'm impressed Ember Moon managed to make her creepy dark gothic girl/super baby face disjointed character even worse this week.

She looked extra creepy with her hair almost covering half her face at the very top of her entrance and then tonight she didn't even wait till she did her anime pose in the ring to shift into yaaay I'm happy to be here super baby face mode. She dropped her "character" on the ramp this time

I really hate this fucking character.
Yeah, this so fucking much, at least Liv Morgan's character is more coherent with her in ring gear/theme song

Ember Moon is a mess, and they really really need to rework her character because if they don't she'll be DOA whenever she makes it to Raw, and when I say DOA I mean Ascension/Vaudevillians DOA.

Yeah, this so fucking much,at least Liv Morgan's character is more coherent with her in ring gear/theme song

Ember Moon is a mess, and they really really need to rework her character because if they don't she'll be DOA whenever she makes it to Raw, and when I say DOA I mean Ascension/Vaudevillians DOA.

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking while watching NXT today.

Hasney

Doesn't have to be that. I just don't want the broken stuff.

They'll be the choices. They'll either bring him in as the charismatic enigma, or broken since they seem to dig that.

I'm almost hoping they don't sign. They're so entertaining right now and they'll fuck with something.

Also with Ember Moon, she's great in the ring, probably 2nd onkt to Asuka, but she's not so much better than everyone else that it makes up for her complete lack of character and mic skills. Especially when whatever passes for her character is not really centred on her in ring skills like say Asuka is. For my money: Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce and to a lesser extent Billie Kay are all better overall talents.

UberTag

Ugh, smiling babyface Jeff Hardy. In 2017 WWE. Sounds horrible.
It was a horrible gimmick the first time around, too. And there's no CM Punk for him to naturally feud with, either.

Makes very little sense to me why the WWE would "badly want" the Hardys when you know they'll just book them like the Dudleys during their return tour and will act perplexed when they fail to get over. But that's Vince for you.

Observer saying that WWE are waiting for ICW to sort out music and such before the Network deal happens.

ICW have been doing this slowly, for example Kenny Williams stopped using the Power of Love in November. Galloway was also noted specifically, I'm guessing he uses the same music in ICW and TNA, so Psyko Dalek (who done his theme plus a bunch of other ICW ones) are doing a new one for him.

• DCT uses a song by Colonel Mustard & the Dijon 5, but I believe that one should be fine since I think it was written for him, since he and other ICW people appear in the music video for that song. Plus they were at the Hydro show singing it live, so I guess this will be fine.
  • James Scott is one that I think will be needing changed, since it's a cover of the Rains of Castamere.
  • Joe Hendry is going to be a problem with his music videos. Didn't the New Day's stuff from Booklyn in 2015 get cut?
  • Sha Samuels I'm uncertain of, he recently got new music thats a rip-off of Parklife. If DDP can't have his original music, I can't see his being allowed.
  • Polo Promotion's current music uses the first few seconds of Jackie by Scott Walker, which would probably need removed.
  • Joe Coffey uses Iron Man cover as his music, so that's probably gone too.

I'm surprised Dave didn't mention Grado specifically, since I imagine his is the most notable problem. His is the only current music that gets muted now I believe.

Also, the SSE Hydro are advertising Trent Seven, Tyler Bate & Wolfgang vs Pete Dunne, Joseph Conners & Tyson T-Bone for the Glasgow leg of the UK tour.

Rimfya

Banned
Eh? I thought that they genuinely seemed to like each other. I think Cena took the pin here because he wants to keep Styles strong, frankly. Maybe that's just because I like to assume people are good at heart...

Yeah that's how I read it. It's both a bigger deal for Wyatt to pin Cena and a good deal for AJ to not get pinned.

Also, the SSE Hydro are advertising Trent Seven, Tyler Bate & Wolfgang vs Pete Dunne, Joseph Conners & Tyson T-Bone for the Glasgow leg of the UK tour.

Is that for the Smackdown show, yeah? I'm been swithering about getting tickets for that since I'll be at Mania the month before, but that might be enough to tip the edge.

Is that for the Smackdown show, yeah? I'm been swithering about getting tickets for that since I'll be at Mania the month before, but that might be enough to tip the edge.

Here's what theyr'e currently advertising.

WWE Live returns to Glasgow on 4 May 2017!

See your favorite WWE Superstars live in action including:

Six Man Tag Team Match
Trent Seven, Tyler Bate & Wolfgang
Vs
Pete Dunne, Joseph Conners & Tyson T-Bone
Dean Ambrose
AJ Styles
Randy Orton
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz
Bray Wyatt
Becky Lynch
Natalya

And many more! (Line-up subject to change)

I think it'd be wiser just doing Bate vs Wolfgang for the title and having Mandrews & Trent tag together.

Jamie OD

who is this Joey Janela guy and why does he have so many high profile opponents

Young indy wrestler who's been making a name through crazy spots and some good looking hype videos. If you have the time to watch his documentary you'll quickly decide if you love him or hate him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCK2By2bAkA

Also on a sidenote, the creator of the documentary is Kenny Johnson and he's made some very good videos on other wrestlers over the last year, some independently and some to promote Evolve.

Top Bottom