• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Female Shepard to be on Mass Effect 3 CE cover, get her own trailer

Anteater said:
oh shit that's awesome!

and you guys are all wrong, bald femshep is the only correct shep

I14CO.jpg

KKJHP.jpg

She looks like a real doll.

The Female Shepards posted in this thread is evidence of how poor the character creator is in the Mass Effect series. It is no wonder why so many stay as the default Male Shepard.

Anteater

ProtoCents said:
The Female Shepards posted in this thread is evidence of how poor the character creator is in the Mass Effect series. It is no wonder why so many stay as the default Male Shepard.

:lol The hair was the biggest problem with its creator, and yea even dragon age origins had a better character creator, not to mention mods and a toolset.

ProtoCents said:

That's a little presumptuous. It seems more likely that most players of Mass Effect just press "Next" on the character creator and class selection screens given that the default class, Soldier, is also the most played by a wide margin.

ProtoCents said:

What's wrong with the male Shepard? (other than voice)

Fox Mulder

ProtoCents said:

eh, it's not as awful as gamebyro games. I just slightly modified her default look, and Jennifer Hale's voice work is more than worth it for me. I can't even tolerate playing as the bland as shit male character.

tiff

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
That's a little presumptuous. It seems more likely that most players of Mass Effect just press "Next" on the character creator and class selection screens given that the default class, Soldier, is also the most played by a wide margin.
Soldier's popularity probably has more to do with the familiarity of playing a firearms-based class in a cover-based third-person shooter than anything else.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wish we could have gender swapped during the ME2 generator. I'd like to try out a femshep on console, but there's no way I'm playing through Mass Effect 1 on Xbox again. Terrible experience.

ProtoCents said:
My BroShep looks nothing like the default male, but I do wish that there were more choices in the character creation editor for things like mouth and eyes.

I mean, for when I was playing KotOR, I wanted my character to look similar to Han because he's my favorite character.

But for ME & ME2, it's definitely a chore at times to make a Shep that's distinctly yours, yet still fairly attractive in some way. At least, that's how I felt about it.

LiK

ProtoCents said:

it's actually pretty good if people can tweak it just right. the celebrity look-a-like thread at ME forums has some good ones.

my fave is Obama

mass_effect__obama_by_zoso159-d3337db.png

someone also made a pretty nice looking FemShep too in the Share your Shep thread.

vanguard.jpg

and if you don't wanna make your own and you see a good one online, someone might have the character code for it.

LiK said:
it's pretty funny cuz when i made my FemShep in ME1. i was just messing around until it looked just like that pic. i was kinda surprised when i saw that many dudes had a similar face. guess everyone settled on that, lol

Yeah so was mine.

Looks a lot like Lauren Graham. I approve.

lauren-graham-437x400.jpg

tiff

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, the character creator is so bad. Pretty much all male and female Shepards look kinda crappy
Or the same. Mine looks pretty much like the one directly above your post.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kolgar said:
Oh, and Jennifer Hale should be in everything.

That killed Nolan North for me,now when I listen to his"drake" voice on a new game I roll my eyes ( his work in Portal 2 was crazy tho).

Jennifer Hale need to pick good roles only and not agree on everything.

Mindlog

This is a much better idea than multiplayer.

Tali will die in the first wave along with most of the other Quarians. Kal goes hard and his armor was great. He will survive. I side with the Geth.

LiK said:
someone also made a pretty nice looking FemShep too in the Share your Shep thread.

vanguard.jpg

I take back what I said. MY WAIFU!!!

And that is a similar look to the one that people clamored over in the original ME character thread. The chick with blonde hair in that style. I've found that as one of the preferred options for Female Shepard.

tiff said:
Soldier's popularity probably has more to do with the familiarity of playing a firearms-based class in a cover-based third-person shooter than anything else.
I guess it's impossible to say for sure, I just find it interesting that the statistics they collected for ME2 all seemed to show the majority of players taking the path of least resistance and skipping through anything that wasn't balls to the wall action.

LiK

ProtoCents said:
I take back what I said. MY WAIFU!!!

And that is a similar look to the one that people clamored over in the original ME character thread. The chick with blonde hair in that style. I've found that as one of the preferred options for Female Shepard.

*hi5*

kinda wish BioWare had originally scanned some hot model's face for ME1 so default FemShep would've been set in stone.

dwebo

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, the character creator is so bad. Pretty much all male and female Shepards look kinda crappy
Yep. Every time someone posts up a femshep as a supposed paragon of character creator beauty

yQsBD.gif

suzu

Female Shepard is awesome, but the default version is boring lol. I think most custom Female Shepards have the same hairstyle since they all kind of suck.

tiff

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
I guess it's impossible to say for sure, I just find it interesting that the statistics they collected for ME2 all seemed to show the majority of players taking the path of least resistance and skipping through anything that wasn't balls to the wall action.
What was the breadth of the statistics they collected? I just remember basic stuff like sex, class, completion percentage, etc. Was there anything more than that?

LQX

ProtoCents said:
Totally disagree. I think the character creator is pretty damn good. It was pretty easy to create an attractive Shepard.

The default male Shepard's face is so much more detailed than anything you can create it isn't funny.

masseffect2.exe_2011-0h74h.jpg

I rolls with my male Shep, modelled him after myself like I does with everything.

ME3 also needs a Thornton/Robin Williams beard and that shit better clip through the helmet too.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
LiK said:
*hi5*

kinda wish BioWare had originally scanned some hot model's face for ME1 so default FemShep would've been set in stone.

For the cover/trailer Bioware's render of Female Shepard I hope they don't just pick Hot chick #268, Female Shepard need to be charismatic with an aura that scream "i am da boss" and with a face of let you actually believe she can alone with only one gun save the entire universe or beat the shit out of huge space spiders while cheating on Liara in the same time, so yeah just a pretty face will not do this.

tiff

Banned
This thread reminds me that I should probably finish ME2 sometime.

I'd just have to skip all the rest of the side quests because the shortcut key to exit a level stopped working for some reason.

LiK

Totobeni said:
For the cover/trailer Bioware's render of Female Shepard I hope they don't just pick Hot chick #268, Female Shepard need to be charismatic with an aura that scream "i am da boss" and with a face of let you actually believe she can alone with only one gun save the entire universe or beat the shit out of huge space spiders while cheating on Liara in the same time, so yeah just a pretty face will not do this.

oh, i just kinda wish they gave her a realistic scanned face like with MaleShep.

Totobeni said:
Jack is FemShep, confirmed!

Ellis Kim

Banned
I'm going to be really surprised if its not just default red hair shephard if they pick one for the cover.

Though, of course, I'd also prefer that they picked something close to my own Femshep, which is more or less a modified default w/ black hair, less prominant cheekbones, and blue eyes :x

and eyebrows that start off thick but taper off really quickly from the middle to the end.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Edag Plata said:
What is this? Diversity Awareness Day: The Game?

Make sure you have your gay romances!! It's not fair if you don't!

I can finally have sex with Wrex
after saving his species from the Genophage
. Shut up and let me have this moment I've been waiting two games for. >:|

canyel

Neo Member
Tied-back hair is the correct option. Doesn't get in the way during a firefight, doesn't stand out in public.

wrj0gx.jpg

Ellis Kim

Banned
canyel said:
Tied-back hair is the correct option. Doesn't get in the way during a firefight, doesn't stand out in public.

http://i53.tinypic.com/wrj0gx.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
lol, a friend's femshep has that hair. I told him she looks like Olive Oyl.

canyel said:

http://i53.tinypic.com/wrj0gx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Creepyface.gif

No seriously, that is one creepy face. My first Femshep had a ponytail, but looked so much better.

Zzoram

LiK said:
*hi5*

They can still scan a hot model face for ME3. Since this is the first game where she gets a cover and trailer, they can give her whatever new face they want.

toasty_T said:
The default male Shepard's face is so much more detailed than anything you can create it isn't funny.

http://www.abload.de/img/masseffect2.exe_2011-0h74h.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That looks sorta like mine. :I

BigJiantRobut said:
Speaking of custom Sheps, I'm responsible for this fellow, if anyone was on /v/ circa ME1's PC release:

vyUNX.jpg

Instead of adding Kinect shit, Bioware should let us adjust voices eg. variables like deeper, higher etc. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to do and they would still only need one audio recording on which to base our changes on. The reason I mention this is because the default male Shep voice jars so much with the big black badass characters we can create, such as this one.

tiff said:
What was the breadth of the statistics they collected? I just remember basic stuff like sex, class, completion percentage, etc. Was there anything more than that?

If you read this article they do imply that there was a lot more stuff but don't go into it in detail:

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/111/1118657p2.html

In the body copy Hudson says that 360 players did 10% more loyalty missions for example, but that's not one of the top level stats. It turns out I was wrong about the dialogue anyway, only 15% of the dialogue was skipped and it was mostly the hub world stuff.

The troubling thing about the overall process is all the stuff they have info on but haven't discussed, and how that will inform the design and development of ME3.

My Shep is the official female Shepard

PEACE

iM3wQ.jpg

iM54Y.jpg

iIeAu.jpg

Weird aspect ratio comes from these being 8Kx7K tiled shots that I downscaled and cut this black border from the bottom.

I need to go fire up ME2, haven't played it in so long.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshichan said:
Can you somehow change face during the game or something? I really want to change it now ._.
Do you have the pc or the ps360 verison? With the pc you can mod it that's what I did with mine. If you have a pc that can run it you save your 360 verison to a thumb drive and move it over to the pc (which is what I did because my 360 is dying). I'll just post my modded character here

2011-05-04_00005.jpg

Ellis Kim

Banned
That's sort of a weird hair style to have perpetually :x I mean, its literally the "just out of the shower" look, but made binded with concrete.

Top Bottom