• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF13/Versus 13 at PS Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
According to other translation, one of the three FFXIII party members to be shown at the battle sequence is new to us.

batbeg

Well, does the PS Premiere even have "closed theatres"? I'm not really too familiar with the event, but I would assume as it is a Sony event they would want to publicly show everything off as much as possible, wouldn't they? Especially a FFXIII video with gameplay.

Lightning

Banned
batbeg said:
Well, does the PS Premiere even have "closed theatres"? I'm not really too familiar with the event, but I would assume as it is a Sony event they would want to publicly show everything off as much as possible, wouldn't they? Especially a FFXIII video with gameplay.
Sony would like to show everything but Square might not let them. Although both Square and Sony need to hype FFXIII every chance they can get in Japan and this does seem like a good time. It really doesn't serve any purpose for Sony to even have FFXIII/Versus XIII at the event if nothing is going to be made public.

That said, I'm glad the game is moving along. Both games sound exceptional.

FirewalkR

Oh well, I hope this isn't like the Killzone 2 weekend that just went by. :lol

Is there any sort of confirmation that there will be this event? Like, in some Sony press release? I mean, these PS Premieres are press-only events right? One would think they'd promote them otherwise...

FabCam

Whilst I'm hoping for some in game video, I doubt anything will be shown to the public. All I want is one in game battle screen so I can see what the battle system will be like.

Didn't the White Knight Story PS Premiere trailer appear on the PS Store shortly after the event? We also got footage of NobiNobiBoy afterwards, so it wouldn't surprise me if we actually got to see this footage.

Prepare for disappointment!

This is the annual SCEI PS meeting except this time with Kaz Hirai instead of KK. Sony never announces a date ahead of time and yes, it's open to the press.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MassiveAttack said:
Sony never announces a date ahead of time

They might not 'announce' it, but they have to notify media if they want anyone to be there. I'm sure there are some j-gaffers who might know if this is happening or not.

Anyway, we're supposed to be due an announcement about movie downloads on PSN this month too, IIRC, so IF this meeting were happening, it'd be a likely place for that to happen also.

gofreak said:
They might not 'announce' it, but they have to notify media if they want anyone to be there. I'm sure there are some j-gaffers who might know if this is happening or not.

Anyway, we're supposed to be due an announcement about movie downloads on PSN this month too, IIRC, so IF this meeting were happening, it'd be a likely place for that to happen also.

Sorry, meant to say "publicly announce". ;)

Himuro said:
I wonder if FFXIII will make it to 2010 release? Of course, this footage will never be revealed to the public like every other piece of FFXIII footage. This is getting almost as annoying as FFXII's long dry spell without any information for an upward to over a year.

it will be released at latest in 2009...not showing it to the public doesnt mean they are not making progress...I mean they have stated there intent to release TLR this year, and we havent had anything on that in even longer

Zzoram

I want FFXIII but I don't want motion sickness from playing it :lol

Seriously, it better not have nauseating camera cuts.

For now Lost Odyssey is satisfying my craving for Final Fantasy. I couldn't stand Blue Dragon because it gave me headaches, something about the motion blur I think. I hope Final Fantasy XIII doesn't make me sick or I won't want to play it.

jiggle

I hope to see some Suikoden/Breath of Fire/Skies of Arcadia next gen goodness.

How I wish Gamesblow is right and Legend of Dragoon 2 is in the work :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jiggle said:

Gamesblow?

jiggle said:

While I wasn't really a fan of the original, I still don't understand why Sony hasn't made a sequel given how popular the original was.

SolidSnakex said:
While I wasn't really a fan of the original, I still don't understand why Sony hasn't made a sequel given how popular the original was.

are the original team still together? i mean they are spread everywhere and not really part of the Sony family game studio.

Hunahan

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
it will be released at latest in 2009...not showing it to the public doesnt mean they are not making progress...I mean they have stated there intent to release TLR this year, and we havent had anything on that in even longer
When it comes to video games, stating intent to release just doesn't seem to be what it used to, though.

I'm starting to get a bit skeptical on Last Remnant in 08 at this point....especially considering the standard difficulties involved with UE3....

picsou

Banned
jiggle said:

breath of fire for wii...
skies of arcadia for ps360( maybe a port of soa legends on wii)
suikoden ps3

SamBishop

Banned
Just for clarification, yes, this is fairly equivalent to Gamers Day here in the US in that SCEI actually starts cranking up dem dere hype wagons, though I don't think the scale is anywhere near as equal to what's happening this and last year here locally.

What's interesting is that of course this year is the Kaz Parade for the first time, and I wouldn't doubt in the least that the so-called "momentum" that the PS3 has right now is due in no small part to the machinations of one Mr. Hirai. I don't think Sony expected to perform like they did vs. other systems this early into the year, but I've little doubt that they've whipped up a fairly steady string of reveals going into at least the middle of this year.

I know for a fact that Gamers Day is going to have some serious shit with which the US 1st party departments will throw down (historically 2nd and 3rd parties dig having the platform to do the same), and then of course there's E3. Then there's Games Convention as that's become the Euro-centric base for stuff. That's a few solid months of talking about stuff that will hit this year, yes, but also reveals of what's to come in '09.

If there's one thing Sony is good at, it's baiting people with teases of what's to come. It's one of the main areas where the competition could learn a little, though of course one runs the risk of CG trailergate a la E3 '05. Needless to say, though, Sony hasn't been sitting around; they've got a TON of stuff to show off for the rest of the year and into the next.

Any good PR plan staggers these announcements throughout the early part of the year to build hype while other companies sprinkle their respective announcements into the mix to create pockets of interest. I can honestly say we haven't seen the least of what Sony has planned for upcoming releases yet by any realistic measure. There's still lots o' fun stuff to come, and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a fairly major stop along the hype train.

SamBishop said:
Just for clarification, yes, this is fairly equivalent to Gamers Day here in the US in that SCEI actually starts cranking up dem dere hype wagons, though I don't think the scale is anywhere near as equal to what's happening this and last year here locally.

Wait so this is actually happening this week?

Team ICO time!

SamBishop

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Wait so this is actually happening this week?

Team ICO time!

Naw, naw, gotta live up to my tag.

I wouldn't go apeshit just yet with the speculation (I know, I know, that's usually asking a little much), but it's something meant to at least kick-start some local flavor hype-wise, so we'll see. I'm not confirming anything at this point (you hear me, ninjas in the rafters?), but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the Premiere happened to reveal something swanky.

lupin23rd

Yakuza Kenzan, Valkyrie of the Battlefield, Nobi Nobi Boy, Disgaea 3, and Dynasty Warriors 6 were all announced at the last event IIRC (anything else?) so likely SOMETHING big will be coming this time around too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom