• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

batbeg

Linkup said:
Is here trying to stop demon wall or enter it?

Anyway, look really good.

Probably just saw it minding it's own business when he decided to beat it's ass down for no good reason. Seems to be the general method Layle follows, judging by the released media.

Linkup

We confirmed with Square Enix that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers is scheduled to come out in North America later this year. A release date has not been finalized, but Crystal Bearers is being planned as their holiday title.

This year folks.

Darkpen said:
...why is the formerly short melee race so tall? I was expecting something like a tarutaru/lalafell in terms of proportions.

The texturing and lighting for this game is so very reminiscent of FFXII, but that's a good thing :D

Evolving?

Mixing with Clavats?

It seems that there are still many short Lilties(some of the soldiers for example), so my guess is the latter.

Xc9o51H9b11B7r68sNi8ERcv6EV7sn58.jpg

So hot.

Amir0x

Banned
Linkup said:
This year folks.

holy shit it's going to make it to North America THIS YEAR!?

This is one of the only games out of like a billion I am buying this fall that I am going to make sure I set aside time to finish as soon as it comes out. It's like everywhere I wish the FF series would've went post FFXII (story aside... I fully expect it to be lame, like all FF titles).

Danthrax said:
But then I'd have to pay close to $200 for a PSP and the game-- wait, they sell a PC version? Where??
Here for instance, though it seems used PC versions aren't cheap, either. Also that it doesn't sound like it works so great with modern hardware and operating systems.

However, it does now retroactively seem appropriate that Eidos published the PC version.

carlo6529

The game is looking good; my interest is rising a bit more.

I won't be able to pick it up and play it until mid next year though =(

Amir0x said:
(story aside... I fully expect it to be lame, like all FF titles).

If CB ends up being well written then it will officially jump XII as one of my favorites for me.

If it (somehow) ends up having a better story than Tactics(and the gameplay holds up) it'll jump to being my favorite FF. :D

Just so people are aware, a few weeks ago the game changed dates in our release list (Gamestop) and added a street date: December 26th. We don't usually get a street date for a game unless it's solid, straight from the publisher. Apparently they are aiming for the after-Christmas giftcard season i guess.

ImNotLikeThem said:
Just so people are aware, a few weeks ago the game changed dates in our release list (Gamestop) and added a street date: December 26th. We don't usually get a street date for a game unless it's solid, straight from the publisher. Apparently they are aiming for the after-Christmas giftcard season i guess.

The 26th would certainly be an odd date to release on, especially since it's a Saturday.

Sipowicz

Banned
i think that this game is made by the same person as last remnant so it might have good characters and whatnot. it's giving off a more adventureous vibe to me though, like an indiana jones movie

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
well my friend at SQEX US did say it was 'very late this year,' though it be odd to see it in stores a day after Xmas

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fimbulvetr said:
Whatever happened to the image of Layle holding coffee? :lol
Keiss is just holding onto it while Layle goes to the bathroom.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ImNotLikeThem said:
Who releases a game the day after Christmas? Better yet, who releases a game on a Saturday?

Though it is weird that Amazon seems to have switched to December 26th too.

EDIT: and Gamefly...

grandjedi6 said:
Who releases a game the day after Christmas? Better yet, who releases a game on a Saturday?

I don't know how it is in the US but here in the UK Boxing Day has long stopped being a day where everything shuts down and by the 27th shops are absolutely packed with people looking for post-Xmas bargains. If it's the same over there, it certainly wouldn't be a terrible time to have a brand new game in stores for new Wii owners with giftcards and such to spend.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Die Squirrel Die said:
I don't know how it is in the US but here in the UK Boxing Day has long stopped being a day where everything shuts down and by the 27th shops are absolutely packed with people looking for post-Xmas bargains. If it's the same over there, it certainly wouldn't be a terrible time to have a brand new game in stores for new Wii owners with giftcards and such to spend.
Oh yes, the day after Christmas is a huge shopping day in America (though it tends to be more for sales than brandnew stuff). However what gets me is that if they are to release the game on the 26th then they would have to ship out the game several days earlier due to Christmas. And if they would do that, why not just release the game before Christmas? I guess there must be some kind of logic to their marketing plan here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
grandjedi6 said:
Oh yes, the day after Christmas is a huge shopping day in America (though it tends to be more for sales than brandnew stuff). However what gets me is that if they are to release the game on the 26th then they would have to ship out the game several days earlier due to Christmas. And if they would do that, why not just release the game before Christmas? I guess there must be some kind of logic to their marketing plan here.

It's a Wii game. There's no logic to any marketing plan.

Fady K

10 years ago we would get one final fantasy game every two years or so. Now we get around 5-6 FF games, and all are looking good almost. Good times.

Sounds kind of like a Final Fantasy X situation. Rushed to catch some holiday sales, but still came pretty late. Wikipedia says it was a December 20 release.

Yaweee

JoshuaJSlone said:
Sounds kind of like a Final Fantasy X situation. Rushed to catch some holiday sales, but still came pretty late. Wikipedia says it was a December 20 release.
The copyright on FFX's title screen actually has it dated for 2002. It was scheduled for January/February, I think, but they managed to ship it early.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Are you serious? We've been waiting for this game for about 3-4 years. :lol

ivysaur12 said:
It's actually coming out this year? That's insane. I can't believe this and FFXIII are actually so close to release :lol
But this game is better.
I'm not getting FF XIII until next year. :(

CTLance

The 26th? That's kind of an odd date IMHO. But whatever. Yay for the release this year! When will it release in the EU region, I wonder. I doubt we'll be getting the same treatment.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
2gxmnpi.jpg

So it's really coming this year for both Japan and NA, and exactly one month later... It's so freaking delicious.

batbeg

Danthrax said:
why the hell would it come out on a Saturday (26th of December)

Worldwide date, maybe? The Last Remnant released in every territory on a Thursday, which is odd for NA and PAL (don't know abotu JPN?) - I remember because the fucking shop wouldn't let me buy it until Friday :mad:

grandjedi6 said:

Perhaps they are all drinking the crazy Kool-Aid

PusherT

so why do they hate "crystal bearers" so much in this game? Did previous crystal bearers abuse there power? And are thetr more Yukes and Selkies in this game?

PusherT said:
so why do they hate "crystal bearers" so much in this game? Did previous crystal bearers abuse there power? And are thetr more Yukes and Selkies in this game?
It seems most Crystal Bearers are jerks. Layle is an exception, not a rule, and even he's kind of a jerk.

Think, uh, One Piece.

PusherT

ShockingAlberto said:
It seems most Crystal Bearers are jerks. Layle is an exception, not a rule, and even he's kind of a jerk.

Think, uh, One Piece.
Watching that E3 trailer that is the impression I got, the previous crystal bearers had issue or abused there power. It seems the people don't know if they are good or evil and WTF happened to the other races not named lilties?

Top Bottom