• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Azure J

I really cannot wait for this one. Who knew something as simple as grabbing and throwing shit indiscriminately in a game could be so damn entertaining? :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's such an awesome looking game that isn't getting half the attention it deserves.

EatChildren said:
It's such an awesome looking game that isn't getting half the attention it deserves.

But it haz teh N64 grafix, plus it has one country sounding song, and grandmas can play it. It's horrible.

Shiggy

Fimbulvetr said:
But it haz teh N64 grafix

I won't say those are N64 graphics, but the developers could have done better. Imo it's not looking much better than your average GameCube game - and games like Super Mario Galaxy or even GCN games like Rogue Squadron showed that more was and is possible.

Okay every time I see this thread pop up again on the main page I just click in it to go to the website to listen to the theme. :lol F**k that thing is amazing, makes me want to go save the world.

I've been all over this game since the leaked trailer, and its just gone from strength to strength the more I see of it. I simply CAN NOT wait for the game to come out, I'm really really excited to play it. Love the Crystal Chronicles series and world they've created.

I know its a hard concept for some idiots to accept ("lolWii spin offs no thanks there's no number so not worth my time!" :| ) but yeah, bring it on baby I want you.

Amir0x

Banned
vanguardian1 said:
And people call me crazy for saying this.

I don't know why. This Final Fantasy game seems refreshingly free of the retarded pomp and melodrama of Final Fantasy XIII and Versus, lacks Nomura-taint and provides way more freedom in your actions than FFXIII with what appears to be a far more open and explorable environment.

Crystal Bearers is actually my most anticipated Final Fantasy anything since FFXII, and now that I know FFXIII is regressing the series back to its shit period I am content to hype this game up. ARE YOU HYPED? I'M HYPED.

Shiggy said:
I won't say those are N64 graphics, but the developers could have done better. Imo it's not looking much better than your average GameCube game - and games like Super Mario Galaxy or even GCN games like Rogue Squadron showed that more was and is possible.

Comparing a first party game to a third party game on the same console is just plain unfair.:lol

I agree that they could have done better though(even though all we've seen is bad images and low quality trailers, save for the one at E3). But the thing is, Squenix's teams are spread everywhere. Considering all of the games(the non-HD ones mind you) being released/still in development(including many from the CC spin-offs), it's still a great effort.

But you would not believe the hate/blatant asshattery in the other threads: "ZOMG it looks way worse than the first Chrystal Chronicles game for the gamecube".

Amir0x

Banned
I think the reason they didn't get much more advanced visuals on this is because the scale of the game and its environments is much bigger than other Final Fantasy RPGs, action or otherwise. In that one video where the dude jumps off a cliff and swings across like spiderman, shit was HUUUGE.

Shiggy

Fimbulvetr said:
Comparing a first party game to a third party game on the same console is just plain unfair.:lol

I don't think so. Why shouldn't a third party developer put in less effort than a Nintendo one. And Rogue Squadron wasn't made by Nintendo.

I agree that they could have done better though(even though all we've seen is bad images and low quality trailers, save for the one at E3). But the thing is, Squenix's teams are spread everywhere. Considering all of the games(the non-HD ones mind you) being released/still in development(including many from the CC spin-offs), it's still a great effort.

I won't doubt that. FF: Crystal Bearers still might be great fun. It's just that they could have increased the production value. The town/interior design looks pretty good though.
And you're right, the footage we've got is pretty bad.

@Amir0x
It can't be only that. Just take a look at the beginning of the game (or the E3 demo?). When you control the ship, the rocks and the environments look pretty bland.

GDGF said:
:lol That was great. Layle--stealer of children's balls.

This guy is a refreshing fucking antihero.

Being an anti-hero and being a smug jerk are two different things, stealing money and fucking with people is up to the player. So I guess in that sense, the player is the one that decides if he's an anti-hero or not.

It's sad that many Crystal Chronicles fans aren't even considering this game because the gameplay is different from the rest of the series.

I've even seen comments like "not a real CC game".

This game is the FF XII of CC spin-offs.:lol

Amir0x

Banned
Shiggy said:
@Amir0x
It can't be only that. Just take a look at the beginning of the game (or the E3 demo?). When you control the ship, the rocks and the environments look pretty bland.

In most games, when you develop an engine it has to stay consistent throughout. They're not going to dramatically improved the visuals in all areas just when the game chooses to switch to a smaller area.

The engine seems tailor made to scale to the great sizes of the environment Layle is in, and as a result things don't seem as strong looking on the surface as the more dedicated Final Fantasy titles with short, linear paths

Shiggy said:
I don't think so. Why shouldn't a third party developer put in less effort than a Nintendo one. And Rogue Squadron wasn't made by Nintendo.

It's not that they don't have to put in as much effort, it's that the 1st party knows the console inside and out. A third party company wouldn't have that advantage. And I never said Rogue Squadron was made by Nintendo, but I doubt its team was spread so thin, in comparison to the Crystal Chronicles team.

TreIII

AzureJericho said:
I really cannot wait for this one. Who knew something as simple as grabbing and throwing shit indiscriminately in a game could be so damn entertaining? :lol

Truth. This game will be mine, as soon as possible.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm still cautiously optimistic that we'll get this by Christmas. I know S-E SAYS we will, but...I dunno, I'm still skeptical.

Still, regardless of when it's released, day one baby!

Seraphis Cain said:
I'm still cautiously optimistic that we'll get this by Christmas. I know S-E SAYS we will, but...I dunno, I'm still skeptical.

I hope someone actually reviews it pre-release, since a lot of the massively hyped games got moved to next year.

kenji

maybe it's too late, but this game really needs an "official" info thread.. there are 3 thread well active :/

anyway there's a new scan out, which shows a new character... an enemy?
i hope it's not "the" enemy, i don't like it :/

Seraphis Cain said:

I should probably point out SE says "This Winter." Winter doesn't end on December 31st.

Shadowlink said:
What do you need help with? Like Pictures, banners, info, etc?
Pictures and banners yes.

I can do the info myself.

Urban Scholar said:
I could help man, not to mention you could ask Fuu, and Amir0x is pretty hyped too for this.

Sure. Kinda nervous since, if I go through with it, it'll be my first thread as will as my first official thread. :x

Fimbulvetr said:
Sure. Kinda nervous since, if I go through with it, it'll be my first thread as will as my first official thread. :x

bah, we got your back ;) I can give you all art assets and screens of the game, I can scavenge on the net. The game seems to be street dated for 12/26/09 according to GameStop. So that leaves a good amount of time on our hands

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'd ask a mod first before you guys make an "official thread". The release date is pretty far away and the mods tend to be very picky about what can and can not be a hype thread (for obvious reasons). It probably doesn't help matters either that this thread itself is already suppose to be an update thread for information. But who knows, all you can do is ask.

grandjedi6 said:
I'd ask a mod first before you guys make an "official thread". The release date is pretty far away and the mods tend to be very picky about what can and can not be a hype thread (for obvious reasons). It probably doesn't help matters either that this thread itself is already suppose to be an update thread for information. But who knows, all you can do is ask.

It's just an info thread to help keep all the videos and screens and hands on in a single place for easier viewing.
Not the official game thread.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AceBandage said:
It's just an info thread to help keep all the videos and screens and hands on in a single place for easier viewing.
Not the official game thread.
I know, that's what I was refering to ;)

Sipowicz

Banned
Amir0x said:
I don't know why. This Final Fantasy game seems refreshingly free of the retarded pomp and melodrama of Final Fantasy XIII and Versus, lacks Nomura-taint and provides way more freedom in your actions than FFXIII with what appears to be a far more open and explorable environment.

Crystal Bearers is actually my most anticipated Final Fantasy anything since FFXII, and now that I know FFXIII is regressing the series back to its shit period I am content to hype this game up. ARE YOU HYPED? I'M HYPED.

dude there's this game called 4 warriors of light on ds and it also sounds really good. it's a final fantasy spinoff

there's a game called final fantasy 13 agito on psp which is 4 players online. it sounds quite cool but i read it might have the same fighting system as crisis core which was terrible

im still looking forward to it though

TunaLover

OTFFCC.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Crystal Bearers is like, what, months away? The thread cannot be posted until a week out.

Sipowicz said:
dude there's this game called 4 warriors of light on ds and it also sounds really good. it's a final fantasy spinoff

there's a game called final fantasy 13 agito on psp which is 4 players online. it sounds quite cool but i read it might have the same fighting system as crisis core which was terrible

im still looking forward to it though

i'd care about 4 warriors of light, if it wasn't a throwback to one of the worst periods of time in jRPG history, only with the added horror of DS 3D. I dig the music though.

I am interested in FFXIII: Agito, actually. It is the only game with FFXIII in the title that I am remotely interested in. However, your info that it might have the same battle system as Crisis Core - one of the worst RPG battle systems I've ever had the displeasure of playing - now puts a damper in that.

Crystal Bearers remains by a good country mile my most anticipated Final Fantasy game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I thought of making an info/hype thread once or twice but the media blowouts for CB are so sparse I would always opt to post the latest info/videos in the most recent thread. Not sure if CB would benefit much from a info thread like the FFXIII games have but it may work to raise the awareness for the game or something.

I'm not really up to it though, the updating process may be delayed on my part due to real life quite frequently. I'll usually make an official thread (or a normal one) when no one else seems up to it (like it was with Prototype) but since there are more people interested in handling the megathread(s) for this one, go for it (if Ami allows the hype one). Ask me for help with anything too by PM, etc, I'll be glad to help.

TunaLover said:

Woo, can't wait.

I'll have school anyway so I could probably gradually prepare the info portion thread until the game is near release.

I say probably because I don't know how much free time I'll have.

Top Bottom