• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

batbeg

APZonerunner said:
It's playable on the show floor. I've also got an interview with the director of this game.

Tell Itahana I love him <3

I feel like squealing like a little girl, with confirmation of it not just being there, but being playable :D

Combine

Banned
Oh wow, playable? I was honestly at the most expecting video footage, but playable too?

This is definitely going to be a great E3. Shame I couldn't be there this time around :(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'll be playing this (along with a few other Square games...) in just a few days! I'm psyched.

Vinnk

News that FFCC: The Crystal Bearers is up to playable status and a new trailer for NMH2 all in the same day? Time to slip into a happiness coma...

Combine

Banned
Snipped from the link:
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES(R): THE CRYSTAL BEARERS(R)
Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Platform: Wii(TM)
Genre: Action-Adventure
ESRB: Not Yet Rated
Ship Date: TBA

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: THE CRYSTAL BEARERS provides a fresh take on the FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series as it combines the storytelling depth, expansive world and graphical quality of FINAL FANTASY with motion-driven, real-time action gameplay. In this world, realistic gameplay and fantastical art direction are brought together for a truly unique experience for Wii users around the globe.
Interesting that they're calling it an Action-Adventure title and not an RPG.

Vinnk said:
News that FFCC: The Crystal Bearers is up to playable status and a new trailer for NMH2 all in the same day? Time to slip into a happiness coma...

There's been all kinds of awesome for the Wii so far pre E3.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Combine said:
Interesting that they're calling it an Action-Adventure title and not an RPG.
Thats nothing new though - lately they have been always refering to it as an action adventure...

Zanasea

cw_sasuke said:
Thats nothing new though - lately they have been always refering to it as an action adventure...
Not exactly, in Japanese mags it's referred to as "attraction adventure". I guess this is because the hero can manipulate his surroundings.

The music on the website is great indeed, it really sounds like Iwasaki's previous work, Front Mission 5. At some point the melody is exactly the same as the main theme from this game (example here). Oh please listen to this soundtrack, YouTube has everything and it really rocks. "Natural Selection"!! Please have Iwasaki work on Front Mission Evolved as well!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: THE CRYSTAL BEARERS provides a fresh take on the FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series as it combines the storytelling depth, expansive world and graphical quality of FINAL FANTASY with motion-driven, real-time action gameplay. In this world, realistic gameplay and fantastical art direction are brought together for a truly unique experience for Wii users around the globe.
Simultaneous worldwide release kthx.

:/

batbeg

Fuu said:
Simultaneous worldwide release kthx.

:/

I actually do feel like it will have a quick localization, though I'm not sure why, as it'd be Square-Enix's first quick Wii localization. Although the lack of a PAL updated site contradicts this, I guess I'm just helplessly hopeless to get this one ASAP.

I'm fairly sure this is generally a hell of a lot further along than any of us previously thought, though what I get to play at E3 will confirm this.

Well, it is over 3 years since the initial announcement and CG, 2 years since we got the trailer with the all-new look, and they've already put a lot of updates onto their promotional sites. At this point I'd be much more shocked if it wasn't very far along.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
2jahkbd.jpg

2u4iibb.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
Said this in the other topic, but the voice acting seems really great. Glad to see SE is putting some good work into this one.

Also, the trailer is a bit choppy and the quality kinda sucks, but I assume we'll get a better quality one soon enough. AND IT'S PLAYABLE! WOO!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
trailer is a hack job. game production values are ace, though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Game looks unreal. Giant monsters roaming around freely...

As long as the battles aren't mission based or initiated in sealed 'domes' at specific intervals, and instead enemies are freely roaming around as you travel, the whole experience will be ace

Didn't get a chance to experience this at E3 since the stupid demo was 90% cut scenes and then in town

John Harker said:
Game looks unreal. Giant monsters roaming around freely...

As long as the battles aren't mission based or initiated in sealed 'domes' at specific intervals, and instead enemies are freely roaming around as you travel, the whole experience will be ace

Didn't get a chance to experience this at E3 since the stupid demo was 90% cut scenes and then in town

But you could mug rich people in that demo. :D

Fuu said:
:lol :lol

The kid crying while chasing Layle just makes it funnier.

Amir0x

Banned
Man that snow video is so hot. This game is so my most anticipated Final Fantasy title in development, not that it needs repeating. Fucking with a kid = :lol

CTLance

Oh the implications of the snow movie.... I think my people will fear their hero just as much as they will fear their enemy.... if not more.

CTLance said:
Oh the implications of the snow movie.... I think my people will fear their hero just as much as they will fear their enemy.... if not more.

Layle, stealer of balls from twelve year olds?

Nobody reacted this way when they found out about being able to mug rich people in cities. :lol

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
CTLance said:
comes with the status of a despised crystal bearer.

Top Bottom