• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII Remake (part 1?) voice recording is almost finished

Castef

Banned
(Demi-Off Topic)

I don't think we'll simply get the "Part 1" - "Part 2" thing.

I guess they'll go full Kingdom Hearts on this one and we'll get something like "0.1 Pre-Avalanche Prologue" or "Meta-Meteor Appendix B".

He's most likely referring to the Japanese voice acting but since this game will no doubt get a simultaneous worldwide release it's plausible English voice acting is happening now. Steve Burton (the voice of Cloud) said he was doing some voice recording last year and he doesn't do any other voice acting besides Cloud so was probably referring to FFVIIR.

I hope we start getting information leaks on IMDB. It always happens.

Can't wait to see a "Genesis Rhapsodos (Final Fantasy VII Remake)" credit appear out of nowhere on some guy's page.

BreakAtmo

Midgar is actually a substantial part of the game. You meet over half the cast there and major plot points are revealed to you. SE also said this is going to give them a chance to expand on certain things. I have no doubt Midgar is going to be dense and filled with content.

Midgar will certainly be expanded, but even doubling the size would only get you 16 hours or so. Midgar isn't as big a part of the game as some remember despite its plot importance. Not to mention that leaving Midgar and walking out into the great wide world was an important part, and it would suck to split that up. The end of the first Junon segment would be better - it's the end of the first continent, the last boss would be Jenova, and the characters are literally sailing into the sunset.

Burbeting

Banned
Part 1 is not coming this year, that's for sure. Square would be already full-on marketing the game if it was, like they were full-on marketing FFXV around this time last year (marketing for uncovered etc.).

KH3 is most likely late 2018 title, FF7 Part 1 might release either bit before, or bit after it.

Carn82

Midgar will certainly be expanded, but even doubling the size would only get you 16 hours or so. Midgar isn't as big a part of the game as some remember despite its plot importance. Not to mention that leaving Midgar and walking out into the great wide world was an important part, and it would suck to split that up. The end of the first Junon segment would be better - it's the end of the first continent, the last boss would be Jenova, and the characters are literally sailing into the sunset.

Pretty much my opinion as well when asked. I can see them scrapping stuff like fort condor, or the chocobo farm. Would be sad to see that go, but they aren't necessary plot beats.

Ugh why do I have the feeling this was misinterpreted and got lost in translation? I have zero hopes this game will come out in 2017. KH3 I have hope but not FFVIIR. I feel any second now we'll get a tweet clarifying shit like "they only meant finished recording the voice work for the opening area shown in the previous trailer" or some shit.

Wait, you actually think KH3 has a shot of being released this year?

GunBR

You can beat FF XV in something like 20 hours if you focus 100% on the story
So I can see the first part of FF VIIR having 15 hours (specially if is more than 3 parts)

And the fact that leaving Midgar they would have to create some part of the World Map (make the graphics, enemy encounters, decide how the map gonna be, etc) is what makes me think that they will end on Midgar

Spman2099

Fans may have the image of the Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but since this is the ‘prime’ Cloud from before Advent Children, the performance may feel fresh.

Oh shit, that is really encouraging. This is giving me hope... That concerns me, as I am still not confident in modern Square's ability to make a great game.

fernoca

Nomura already came out and said that this game and kh3 are a long ways off (meaning not this year).
Yep. Like with animated movies, voice recordings sometimes are finished years before the release.

So seems like things are going as expected. And considering what little we have seen is from the very beginning of the game, 2018 should be the earliest.

Unless the first episode just ends with the spider boss from the beginning. :p

Fou-Lu

I won't let this give me any expectations on release date, but what it does do is give me hope that development is actually moving forward, not stagnating.

76p4gQK.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9pV17ivkqo

Let's goooo

Icolin

Banned
Voice acting is something that tends to happen late in development, right?

It depends on what type of game it is.

For a Square Enix related example, that Goofy voice actor from KH3 finished all his voice recording in early 2015, and the game is nowhere to be seen.

DKHF

It depends on what type of game it is.

For a Square Enix related example, that Goofy voice actor from KH3 finished all his voice recording in early 2015, and the game is nowhere to be seen.
I think he was somehow totally confusing it with something else when he said that. The Japanese script of KH3 wasn't even finished being written until late 2014 at the earliest (Nomura said they were still writing it in October 2014).

JayEH

I think he was somehow totally confusing it with something else when he said that. The Japanese script of KH3 wasn't even finished being written until late 2014 at the earliest (Nomura said they were still writing it in October 2014).

Yeah he probably meant something for one of the hd collections. They were also using sora voice clips from DDD in the last two trailers so I doubt much was done at the time...

I think we have all been a bit harsh on SE with regards to their development times.( rightly so) But they didn't make the decision to restructure and dedicated themselves to this remake without a plan.

Since Please Be Excited, SE has been dropping heat fam.

wvnative

I long suspected an October or November 2017 release date for part 1. Followed by March 2018 for Kingdom Hearts III.

Looks like I'ma be right.

Game is further ahead than I expected! Don't mind if Episode 1 consists only of Midgar as long as there is enough content (and perhaps novelty?) to justify the purchase.

Byvar

Kitase said:
The voice actors have almost finished voice recording of the main story.
So how about the voice recording for everything but the main story? Kitase didn't talk about that.

I believe in a Q1 2018 date, or a December 2017 date eventually delayed to a Q1 2018 one :p

Lord Phol

This might just make it to Q4 2017, but going by everything else they've said so far it feels more like a 2018 title.

Gestault

I don't know what to expect from the voicework. Hearing a script is totally different from reading it (even knowing they're probably revising just about everything along the way).

ynwzh

Neo Member
What will happen for music? put aside what places or story part to be added, will there be new tracks? I don't think even Uematsu himself (if he's in game) can make music feels like he did in PS1 era and earlier.

Boke1879

You can beat FF XV in something like 20 hours if you focus 100% on the story
So I can see the first part of FF VIIR having 15 hours (specially if is more than 3 parts)

And the fact that leaving Midgar they would have to create some part of the World Map (make the graphics, enemy encounters, decide how the map gonna be, etc) is what makes me think that they will end on Midgar

First part could easily be Midgar and the surroundings outside region. Hell they could end part one after Clouds Flashback in Kalm

Kaiken

Banned
E3 trailer opens up with someone actually playing the beginning of the game. Few doors and battles later Cloud and Barret meet the reveal of Tifa. Camera scrolls up the Shinra building revealing the release date of part one. Screen fades to black but could still hear voices. Screen cuts in again and it's the crew outside of Midgar showing our first glimpse of the open world.

Eblo

”A remake of Final Fantasy VII required substantial preparedness," Kitase told Dengeki PlayStation. ”The voice actors have almost finished voice recording of the main story. Fans may have the image of the Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but since this is the ‘prime' Cloud from before Advent Children, the performance may feel fresh."

Music to my ears

DKHF

I don't think this really means anything. Remember when Goofy's VA said KH 3 is coming out in 2015 because he already finished his voice recordings for the game?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/07/goofy-voice-actor-claims-kingdom-hearts-3-coming-this-year

Repeating what I said above:

Nomura also said he was still choosing worlds at that time and since Goofy appears in almost every world that means there would still be a lot of work for Goofy's VA left. There's no way in hell he was done recording for KH3 by January 2015.

Top Bottom