• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV demo only comes with first shipment of FF Type-0 HD "Day One" copies

"First, as Tabata-san said in a recent episode of Square Enix Presents, this demo is exclusive to Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. We're never going to release it as a stand-alone piece down the line. Secondly, it's intended to be a special gift for those of you who purchase early — the demo will be limited to the "Day One" edition of the game, meaning that only the first shipment is going to have the demo in it. So if the demo is something you think you might like, we highly encourage you to pre-order or to be quick about getting to the store on launch day, March 17th, 2015."

In other words, they really, really want you to pre-order the game, and if you don't buy Final Fantasy Type-0 as soon as it comes out, you might never get to play FFXV before it launches in 2099.

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-xv-demo-will-be-very-limited-1670178773

shinjilaughing.JPG

koutoru

Wait, how does this work for digital purchases?
Does that mean in order to get the demo you have to buy physically?

Hmm day one copies are kind if suspect... I still see day zero cod aw in stores and tons of limited edition of any game anywhere.

CoD gets waaaay bigger of a print than this, but it is just a marketing ploy to push more sales on release. Though I'm sure you could find day one copies of this for a little while.

Anko

In other words, those first press editions the Japanese love so much.

It's a common practice in Japan. First press editions often carry additional content, be it for anime or games. Didn't they do something similar for FFXIII?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ugh...what a big fuck you to your audience. No thanks. I'll wait for Type 0 to go down in price and buy the whole version of FF15 instead of this terrible deal. Your not going to force me to preorder

Aeana

Not sure why a first press bonus is such a big deal. Maybe I'm just used to them because they're super common with Japanese games. I've had Type-0 HD preordered since September, anyway.

Christhor

Not sure why a first press bonus is such a big deal. Maybe I'm just used to them because they're super common with Japanese games. I've had Type-0 HD preordered since September, anyway.

This. I always get dissapointed if pre-ordering doesn't give you some kind of bonus.

So much lame... I don't want to pay $60 for it. If it's really good, then I may go get right as it releases and then get a code that way... but yeah...

I don't really see the problem with this. If you want the demo, you get it day one. Was probably going to get this on release anyway but I just went and pre-ordered.

I don't even know what to do anymore, I am getting it from all over the place.
I tell you that squarenix is not responsible for any loss or liability to the public and private organizations that have to go out of their respective owners.

Oh, so it's a gift? I'm supposed to pay $60 for a 2011 PSP game with updated visuals and the only thing that made that anywhere near viable is now some kind of favor reserved for people who drop that money on or before release? That's just great.

JayEH

Lol I have seen this pic/gif at least 5 times each day for the past couple of days.

Anyway, doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Good way for them to sell extra copies and reward people who have the game pre ordered. This is the right type of pre order bonus when you think about it since it doesn't take anything away from the game.

jwk94

Lol I have seen this pic/gif at least 5 times each day for the past couple of days.

Anyway, doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Good way for them to sell extra copies and reward people who have the game pre ordered.

Yeah I don't think this is a big deal either. Pretty sure the Sly 4 demo was only included with first-run copies of Ratchet HD Collection too.

Top Bottom