• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV demo only comes with first shipment of FF Type-0 HD "Day One" copies

Tizoc

Wouldn't this be some sort of 'early access demo'? What's to say we won't get that particular demo months later, prior to FF15's release?

I don't understand the reaction from some of you.

People just looking for excuses to bitch now.
I don't even like the fact that you have to buy FF Type-0 to gain access to the demo in the first place. Personally I think a demo to your flagship game should be available to all fans, at least I would think they would want as many people to experience and enjoy it. I don't feel like locking it behind another purchase is the right way to go but that's just me.

JayEH

I don't understand the reaction from some of you.

People just looking for excuses to bitch now.

Yep. It isn't like this type of behavior is exclusive to Square. Plenty of other games have exclusive betas/dlc with first run copies of games.

Teletraan1

Banned
Why in the fuck would you purposely limit the exposure of your declining series? Or sell less of your game that some people were only going to buy to get the demo. From no perspective does it make any sense. No confidence in the product?

i1JE7NYmNMjyU.png

Thank you for doing something more than just slapping Please be excited or Please Understand to this. I genuinely appreciated that.

JayEH

Yeah right. I bet the demo will hit online before the FFXV release anyway.

The FF13 demo never went public.

Every reason to bitch because this will most likely mean that buying digital copy won't give a demo.

They never said that. I'm sure digital copies of the game will get the demo also. I've seen a lot people thinking this as well. Why would they do that? They want you to buy a digital version.

wmlk

I don't even like the fact that you have to buy FF Type-0 to gain access to the demo in the first place. Personally I think a demo to your flagship game should be available to all fans, at least I would think they would want as many people to experience and enjoy it. I don't feel like locking it behind another purchase is the right way to go but that's just me.

People are acting as if Square is all of a sudden automatically worse because of this.

This has been done in the past when they were untouchable.

People just like hating on the company and that's the problem.

Every reason to bitch because this will most likely mean that buying digital copy won't give a demo.

Tabata has already said that it will.

Aeana

But they have been doing this for a long time.
Tobal #1 had an FF7 demo. Brave Fencer Musashi had an FF8 demo. Dragon Quest 8 had a demo for FF12. Advent Children had an FF13 demo.

EhoaVash

sigh.i was planning on renting this game just for the demo

.guess i'll just youtube someone playing the demo since i'm sure it will now be hard to find day 1 edition at local mom and pop store.

Tobal #1 had an FF7 demo. Brave Fencer Musashi had an FF8 demo. Dragon Quest 8 had a demo for FF12. Advent Children had an FF13 demo.
Then it's always been a crummy practice. I'm not familiar with Square's way of doing things but personally I dislike that kind of action.

I thought it was crummy to have to buy Crackdown just to play the Halo 3 beta too.

Mr. RPG

True, but I thought all copies of those games gave the demo.

Not just a "day one edition" or initial shipment like Type-0's situation. Am I wrong?

HeelPower

Why in the fuck would you purposely limit the exposure of your declining series? Or sell less of your game that some people were only going to buy to get the demo. From no perspective does it make any sense. No confidence in the product?

Its a terrible decision.

FFXV Demo should get maximum exposure regardless of Type-0.

Type-0 is already a profitable and well reputed game..It nearly sold a million units on PSP years ago in Japan.

I am pretty sure they'll release it later anyways and they're just pulling people to buy Type-0.

I would like to get Type-0, and I might even get it day one, but I hate the idea that I have to do this in order to be granted access to the FFXV demo. A demo is not supposed to be a good that is sold, its supposed to be a free sample to encourage a purchase.

I am interested in a demo because I look at all Square products as suspect at this point, not because I am an irrational devotee of all things Square-Enix.

Jashobeam

this isn't the first time SE has done something like this. FFXIII had an exclusive demo that you could only get with a limited copy of FFVII Advent Children bluray

The FF brand is in dire straits right now and they're still acting like this? This is the most ambitious FF yet, so you would want to create the biggest amount of awareness of the game before it ships. It's essentially free marketing but it looks like SE is still far behind the times when it comes to the social media effect. But then again, this is the same company that can't get their current engine running effectively that Kingdom Hearts 3 had to be moved to UE4.

wmlk

Better get that damn FFXV demo ready first. This is the weirdest thing to do for a demo that won't be out at the same time.

Squire

Banned
I had a feeling this would be the case, given they're bullish about pre-ordering Type-0 in all the trailers.

WGMBY

Looking forward to this, but I guess I'm not playing the demo. Type-0 looks interesting, but I dunno if I'm going to spring for a day 1 copy over this.

Well, I pre-ordered FF Type-0 from the BB E3 deals and got it for $47.99 CAD. Guess I'm holding onto that pre-order then. Fuck it, I was gonna buy the game anyway

ZeroX03

Banned
As I've pointed out recently, Square Enix games plummet in price like no other. This is surely intended to draw out as many early full price sales as possible, although if I had to guess I'd say there will still be plenty of "Day One" editions floating about after three months.

WTF i don't buy disc anymore so how i suppose to get this demo.

It'll be a digital pre-order bonus, don't worry.

Tagg9

Times change.

Back then, the only way to distribute a demo was to either include it with another game or print a separate disc. With the current console ecosystems, you can distribute it digitally at little to no cost and reach a much wider audience.

Top Bottom