• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV site updates with trailer music

#Soon

tumblr_me9pu71FSK1qjjr39o1_500.gif

Of course this warrants a new thread. Thanx for sharing :) I must say that the music is really shaping up to be something special. Yoko is simply amazing.

Foffy

Banned
Did she finish the soundtrack years ago, or has that been worked on as long as the game has existed?

Tabris

Anyone remember one of the first teasers? That had that haunting women's voice singing. I would love a clean version of that?

HeelPower

Did she finish the soundtrack years ago, or has that been worked on as long as the game has existed?

I have no idea.

But I imagine some parts of the game need to be completed so that she knows what scenes she is composing for and so that the music matches the scenery or the cut scenes.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone remember one of the first teasers? That had that haunting women's voice singing. I would love a clean version of that?

Somnus

That's by far my favourite from all the FFXV pieces I heard. Wasn't it said to be the main theme of FFXV or has that change?

HeelPower

Somnus

That's by far my favourite from all the FFXV pieces I heard. Wasn't it said to be the main theme of FFXV or has that change?

I hope they do a new re-recording of it.

Its an awesome piece but I have listened to it far too many times at this point ;p

JB2448

Yup, definitely Shimomura. If there's one thing I've been consistently excited for about Final Fantasy XV, it's its inevitably excellent score.

Famassu

I'm not sure if she has done too much more than finish some compositions for the game for use in trailers before the last 2-3 years considering how much work she did from 2006 until 2013 with Square Enix & others (Nintendo, Capcom etc.) on games other than FFXV. I'd imagine composing for Kingdom Hearts BBS & DDD, Last Ranker, Xenoblade, Heroes of Mana, Mario & Luigi games and such would have kept her pretty busy in the meanwhile. She doesn't seem to have had a big project since Dream Drop Distance in 2012 and Mario & Luigi Dream Team in 2013,, so I'm assuming she might've been doing a bulk of the work on FFXV from 2012-2013 forward, which would go well with how the development of FFXV has advanced since 2012.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
We haven't heard Somnus in a while...is it still in the game?

Audrea Hopkins deserves to get paid for her rendition even if its been 8 years

wmlk

Japanese game music, y'all. Feel like this is a prime, modern example for why I regard Japanese VGM as superior.

Top Bottom