• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 |OT| LOVE FOOTBALL, PLAY FOOTBALL

Socreges

Banned
Just got this for 360. My first two games online were against a pretty weak player who picked Real Madrid and then Barcelona (great diversity) and kept getting penalties (I play a lot against friends and very rarely saw such bizarre calls). The only other way he scored on me was from intercepting passes from goal kicks, hah. Pretty terrible experience.

Does anyone here still play online? What are the most worthwhile modes? For now I just went to Custom Games and then Head to Head. When I went to my Player Hub afterwards, though, I couldn't find my H2H stats. Any reason why?

pompidu

Just got this for 360. My first two games online were against a pretty weak player who picked Real Madrid and then Barcelona (great diversity) and kept getting penalties (I play a lot against friends and very rarely saw such bizarre calls). The only other way he scored on me was from intercepting passes from goal kicks, hah. Pretty terrible experience.

Does anyone here still play online? What are the most worthwhile modes? For now I just went to Custom Games and then Head to Head. When I went to my Player Hub afterwards, though, I couldn't find my H2H stats. Any reason why?
All I play is FUT, but its buggy and laggy. Lots of bs calls. FUT online is the most fun online mode, get to create a team and all that. Try it out!

Socreges

Banned
FUT, eh? Don't know what that is off-hand, but I'll take a look.

Yeah the foul detection is horrible. There's no real use using the tackle button as you can still just run into people and win the ball.
Interference with the person that just passed the ball is always missed, too. ie, If a player passes the ball and then runs forward, the defender often collides with him after he releases the ball, reducing 1-2s to nothing..

pompidu

The online is very broken. Better team hardly gets offsides calls. Really should YouTube some of them. So hard to play online with the shitty foul system.

FUT, eh? Don't know what that is off-hand, but I'll take a look.

Interference with the person that just passed the ball is always missed, too. ie, If a player passes the ball and then runs forward, the defender often collides with him after he releases the ball, reducing 1-2s to nothing..

Yeah, this annoys me the amount off the ball blocking you can do.

Socreges

Banned
Just played a game versus someone who was using DC United with a roster stacked with created players. The overall stats were about 5-7 points above Barcelona's and they were all "6'5. What's the point?

The guy would shoot from 40 yards out and nearly score every time. I guess that's the point.

Only lost 3-2. Pretty good, considering.

[edit] Online kinda sucks. I remember getting consistently good matches with FIFA 10, though. Dunno what changed.

pompidu

Just played a game versus someone who was using DC United with a roster stacked with created players. The overall stats were about 5-7 points above Barcelona's and they were all "6'5. What's the point?

The guy would shoot from 40 yards out and nearly score every time. I guess that's the point.

Only lost 3-2. Pretty good, considering.

[edit] Online kinda sucks. I remember getting consistently good matches with FIFA 10, though. Dunno what changed.

What mode were you playing, I thought you couldn't alter players to play online.

Socreges

Banned
So people online are either trying to waste my time with constant timeouts and watching every replay/presentation or they're sending me messages trying to shit talk.... next time I spend time with a game online I'm going through GAF and friends exclusively. This is kinda pathetic

Shouldn't really be surprised about any of that considering what you're playing. Its all about the cheapest way to win, rather than playing and 'enjoying' the game.

Socreges

Banned
Shouldn't really be surprised about any of that considering what you're playing. Its all about the cheapest way to win, rather than playing and 'enjoying' the game.
FUT, too, though.

Is there an online FIFA community where I can arrange a match in advance? Or some kind of tournament? Any chance of starting a new thread and trying to get GAF folk engaged again? It's the total anonymity that breeds retardation. Apparently I forgot this with my time away from Live.

Also... the amount of penalties is unbelievable. I don't even slide tackle in the box or press X repeatedly from behind. They seem like good tackles every time.

Sorry to complain so much. I'll shut up soon, I promise.

Le-mo

I finally found out what Ultimate Team was last night and I'm really enjoying it. I'm trying to get Neymar into my squad, but getting coins and with my player's contracts expiring it is a real pain in the ass. If anybody want to play let me know. I'm playing it through Origin if that matters.

pompidu

Do people also try and get the fastest players? Seemed like the case. I was completely out of my element.
Scoring is fairly easy in this version. All you need is fast players. Their shooting rating can be garbage but as long as their fast, you'll just out run the defense and score.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, that's what I suspected. Played about 5 games of FUT. Doubt I'll go back. Interesting premise that ends up being some perverted version of what EA intended.

I can't remember the last time I played a game against someone (online) and there wasn't something wrong the other person/team.

- custom team so it's full of superstars (eg, Barcelona with Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil, Ronaldinho with high stats, etc)
- sending me hate-filled messages during the game (eg, accusing me of cheating)
- delaying as much as possible to get me to quit
- quitting near the end
- 7/10 people choose Barcelona
- watches every replay, no matter how pointless

Like someone else said, they're not interested in having a good game. They just want the end result and/or to frustrate their opponent. I figure the vast majority of online FIFA players must be brat kids. Ah well.

CPCunha

Question for you guys with the EURO dlc...

Can i play an EURO campaign with multiple players, akin to the "captain" game mode on World cup? I want to creat 3 players and have my mates play co-op through the qualifying rounds and all...that was the most fun i had in fifa EVER.

Thanks in advance

Pctx

Banned
Alright... what the F*** did patch 1.05 bring and do to the physics. While I appreciate the changes it completely changes the GD feeling of the game. I'm stunned that EA did this and didn't save it for FIFA 13 since it really is interesting to watch now with manual everything on the controls.

pompidu

Does anyone know to make coins easily on UT? I think the most I have ever had was 12,000.

I see people with millions...
Play with a bronze team and collect coins till you can afford a gold pack. Sell those players on the market. Make sure you find out their value before just slapping a price on it. I got lucky, had a silver player and got to lazy to look up his value. Dropped it in the auction with starting bid at 150 for 12 hours. Sold for like 5000 coins.

Le-mo

Ok so I started playing again last night after a few days of hiatus and I notice the players name have all been switched. An example is with Real Madrid. Benzema became Benjamin, Ozil became Angel, and Ronaldo became Cranie. Literally ALL the names have been switched. What gives? The commentators still correctly call the players names. I'm playing it on PC.

pakkit

Banned
So if you're playing online and your team's away jersey looks about the same as the other team's home jersey, you're just screwed. right?

Had three matches in a row of black versus dark blue. I had to ratchet up the brightness on my TV to figure out what the hell was going on.

Tf53

If anyone is on the fence about the UEFA add-on, I wrote up something on it here:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/Game-review/fifa-12-ea-sports-uefa-euro-2012-expansion-review/

If anyone is still on the fence, don't jump. The EURO DLC is a piece of shit compared to EURO08 or WC2010.

How EA thinks they're getting away with cutting out features from DLC is beyond me. No replays after the game? Worse graphics? Barely comparable gameplay?

Avoid it if you still can.

LegoArmo

I don't have nearly the amount of problems with the online as you guys do, or the gameplay in general. There's some bad foul calls at times, but then there is in real life too and if someone keeps scoring the same way against me, that's my problem, not theirs.

rvy

Banned
Am I missing something or you don't get to pick players from the national pool in EURO 2012? What the shit?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hi! I'm new here and this is my first post.

Does anyone still plays Fifa 12? I would love to find people to play with.

PSNID: angelobruno30

Still playing it once in a while with a friend. If you want to we could hook up for a match :)

I'll add you later. My PSN ID is TomaLexi (or something similar)

Mascot

Not played 12 for a while. In ranked matches, does the person with the best internet connection still get ridiculous advantages (sprint speed, shooting accuracy, tackling ability etc etc) while the other person has half-control over a flock of crippled zombies, making the result of the match pretty much a foregone conclusion?

Or has this been patched?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not played 12 for a while. In ranked matches, does the person with the best internet connection still get ridiculous advantages (sprint speed, shooting accuracy, tackling ability etc etc) while the other person has half-control over a flock of crippled zombies, making the result of the match pretty much a foregone conclusion?

Or has this been patched?

From my experiences, its a bit weird to me if people complain about this issue.

Overall I never lost a match because of connection problems while I played myself into league 1 of the H2H seasons mode. And if I lost, I know pretty damn well why and that it wasnt due to uneven input lag.

I also played countless matches with a friend while we communicated over Skype and we noticed that any lag, or input difficulties we (rarely) had were apparent on both sides.

It might be an US issue (if it happens for US players but not for EU maybe?), but overall I got the impression that Fifa 12 did a very good job of having the exact same circumstances on both sides of the match. You might not be able to handle it as well as the players you encounter. In random matches, I noticed that some players cant handle playing with lag at all. You can get used to that in the few instances where it happens.

Toma

I was waiting for your friend request xD But tomorrow i'll add you.

Well I have added you as a friend already. Didnt show up? Its says "waiting for Angelobruno30's friend request"

pompidu

Anyone have a link to all the moves, all the controls, all manuvers because this game has only basic controls and I'm tired of losing because I have no idea Wtf all the controls are.

Meier

Raptr says I've played this for 121 hours, but I still don't have the 50 hours on the pitch achievement. I play career mode a lot so I'm sure a good chunk of that is at the various menu screens but damn! Has anyone actually gotten it?

Pachimari

Anyone up for some regular online matches on PS3 right now?

We can chat in here before, under and after the match. I just don't have anything else to do right now at night, and I can't sleep.

I'll probably pick Real Madrid C.F. but I'm not one of those guys who pick them because it's an all-star team. I have been a madridista for more than a decade and I can even bench the likes om Cristiano, Benzema etc. and use Canteras like Carvajal, Morata, Jesé instead if that's what you guys prefer?

LegoArmo

Raptr says I've played this for 121 hours, but I still don't have the 50 hours on the pitch achievement. I play career mode a lot so I'm sure a good chunk of that is at the various menu screens but damn! Has anyone actually gotten it?

I have the trophy on PS3, it should pop up eventually.

angelobruno30

Neo Member
Anyone up for some regular online matches on PS3 right now?

We can chat in here before, under and after the match. I just don't have anything else to do right now at night, and I can't sleep.

I'll probably pick Real Madrid C.F. but I'm not one of those guys who pick them because it's an all-star team. I have been a madridista for more than a decade and I can even bench the likes om Cristiano, Benzema etc. and use Canteras like Carvajal, Morata, Jesé instead if that's what you guys prefer?

If you want, i'm up for some matches. Just add me

PSN ID: angelobruno30

UrbanRats

Profanity in the Creation Center, what gives? I tried writing ANYTHING in there (even stuff like "AAA") and still i can't save my team. WTF?!

Also the game keeps telling me that "an error occurred when downloading user-generated content".. :\

Top Bottom