• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 14 PC Online Clubs |OT| Home of Believe FC, Passion and Broken dreams

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Looking less likely there will be a preload :( so no unlocking early for us Euro's

kharma45

Still haven't got round to buying it yet, jut have that fear that using a VPN on that Brazillian site means something is bound to go wrong for me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Real men buy it for twice the price on Origin because they are slaves to the system

Slaves

To the system

44 fucking quid :(

Mr Cola

If Origin is to take its rightful place over steam patriots like me need to step up

Mr Cola

If this was on steam we would have double the members

iNvid02

the US unlock time at 12:01 pacific is 8:00am for us, its almost too perfect. 24th shall be a full day of fifa14

Mr Cola

the US unlock time at 12:01 pacific is 8:00am for us, its almost too perfect. 24th shall be a full day of fifa14

Requires a preload to unlock it, no word there is going to be one :(

Mr Cola

I still think its risky,, vpns n such

Mr Cola

Quiche if you try to rugby tackle me during my calm down celebration there's gonna be hell to pay

Mr Cola

As the elderly statesman of this team I must refrain from all celebrations that undermine my position.

Mr Cola

Ah, didn't notice this thread before. Great OP.

I hope you are joining us next season :D hopefully the net issues will be better

You have no idea how hard it was finding a bald 80's player

Mr Cola

Did you put the mumble details in the OP Cola? If not you should hide it at the bottom of the post.

Just gonna wait for people to add either me or you, i put your details at the start too, then we hand it out. We got a few too many randomers last season :p

qindarka

Banned
I hope you are joining us next season :D hopefully the net issues will be better

You have no idea how hard it was finding a bald 80's player

Yeah, I'll be getting it on Day 1. I don't think the net issues will get any worse, may have problems getting into games in the early weeks with the wave of new recruits though.

Mr Cola

Yeah, I'll be getting it on Day 1. I don't think the net issues will get any worse, may have problems getting into games in the early weeks with the wave of new recruits though.

It could go either way, there isnt a ps3 or 360 club so theres alot of people there, but at the same time im not sure people want to buy this version.

Some new people, probably not alot id say.

qindarka

Banned
Just gonna wait for people to add either me or you, i put your details at the start too, then we hand it out. We got a few too many randomers last season :p

Regarding that, Mumble rooms seem to be open access. People are able to see and enter a lot of rooms. Some probably just saw our room had a lot of people in it and popped in for whatever reason. I managed to manually find our room last year even as I lost the details with my change of computer.

That's a slick ass OP -- nice work Cola. I kinda wanna try the PC version one of these days.

We were really active this year! It was crazy. When 13 came out we were playing from about 12pm GMT to 4am GMT. Only taking breaks for food. Then towards the end we would still play 2/3 hours a night. Only stopped playing once we decided to take a break before 14 so we could be fresh for the new game!

You should get it this year though! We are not as strict as the 360 guys in positions. It is first come first served really and then they have that position till they leave or change.

qindarka

Banned
We were really active this year! It was crazy. When 13 came out we were playing from about 12pm GMT to 4am GMT. Only taking breaks for food. Then towards the end we would still play 2/3 hours a night. Only stopped playing once we decided to take a break before 14 so we could be fresh for the new game!

You should get it this year though! We are not as strict as the 360 guys in positions. It is first come first served really and then they have that position till they leave or change.

We actually had a few month break after the initial spurt where I thought interest had died completely. Also had another month break when you lost access to the internet.

iNvid02

How we gon play on 24th without preload?

i guess it depends where you bought it from, but i dont see a problem with

1. amazon/nuuvem handing you key on US release date of 24th
2. redeeming key in origin using vpn
3. starting download, turning off vpn and resuming download
4. installing, turning on vpn and going through activation/unlock

dont remember origin being as sophisticated as steam where it locks the game again if you come online without the vpn. also with all the other fifas once you unlock it stays ready to play for good

i remember doing it for 12 and 13, hopefully nothing has changed

Mr Cola

i guess it depends where you bought it from, but i dont see a problem with

1. amazon/nuuvem handing you key on US release date of 24th
2. redeeming key in origin using vpn
3. starting download, turning off vpn and resuming download
4. installing, turning on vpn and going through activation/unlock

dont remember origin being as sophisticated as steam where it locks the game again if you come online without the vpn. also with all the other fifas once you unlock it stays ready to play for good

i remember doing it for 12 and 13, hopefully nothing has changed
So if i bought it from Origin id be ok? Or is a specific key necessary?

Mr Cola

nice

Who knows we may get a preload, Quiche said it was up 4 days before US launch last year, today is 4 days before :eek:

Mr Cola

BIG FUCKING NEWS

My order now says "PRELOAD 20th September 7PM"

GET

THE

FUCK

IN

Mr Cola

If thats the one that was posted yesterday for £25 they said 27th on their page

iNvid02

yep amazon.com have brought forward the eta to today.

that means on 24th we should just be able to boot up origin with VPN, download the last couple of megabytes and go through the activation/unlock process. after that it should be ready to play indefinitely.

XCL8cC9.gif

Mr Cola

Now our only decision is do we keep the team we make or use it to practice/level up then remake on the 27th? Im in the 27th camp, would be unfair on new people if they came intoa team in div 5 or higher.

kharma45

Aw fuck, stop making me want to change my order over to Amazon.com

SimplyCDKeys say on their site

Games that are pre-ordered will be sent to you 24-48 hours before the games official release date. This will allow you to redeem, download and install your game using the appropriate platform so that you can play the game on the day of release.

Meteorain

No worries. You can come in 3 days later with 57 passing and 60 ball control, and watch the ball fly away as you attempt to receive or make a pass.

Mr Cola

Those 3 days are going to give a lot of pro advantage over others! I may have to try and get in on that 24th date...

While it will provide an advantage (just as easfc levels do) im not sure 4 days will be massive. They said they tweaked the achievement curve so its harder to become 90-91 and also when you reach there you arent unstoppable at shooting like you were in 13. I do hope though that you can at least trap the damn ball :p, Messi has 95 ball control in the demo and controls it unbelievable, i had 95 in 13 and still had to take preventative steps to make sure I could trap the damn thing.

Mr Cola

they'll all be in for a surprise when 3 days later we're still in div 10

Well in order to get a game well have to change to US servers, also lest we forget how feckless we were at the start of 13, all those 0-0's D:

Meteorain

While it will provide an advantage (just as easfc levels do) im not sure 4 days will be massive. They said they tweaked the achievement curve so its harder to become 90-91 and also when you reach there you arent unstoppable at shooting like you were in 13. I do hope though that you can at least trap the damn ball :p, Messi has 95 ball control in the demo and controls it unbelievable, i had 95 in 13 and still had to take preventative steps to make sure I could trap the damn thing.

You basically have to stand still, and even then my guy with 90 control fucked up. Give up on receiving the ball whilst moving, it's gonna be a nightmare :lol

However what I've played of the demo, attacking in general seems to be a fair bit harder. You have to work the ball around a lot more. This means more square and back passing for us!

Might not get my key till the 24th Brazilian time which as far as I can tell is 2am GMT so not still have 6 hours to download before unlock!

iNvid, which VPN are you using? Can you PM what you are doing cause I think the one I used last year doesn't work anymore :(

Top Bottom