• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

After finishing gold 3 in futchamps I treated myself to Salah and he is amazing, just wish the prem had a decent left back as Alonso simply gets done for pace even this early on.
3CADB5362597D55CE376EE9B49AD04D573C62F9F

jorgejjvr

Hey guys, is it easy to find games on switch?

All is need is be able to go online, and do a couple of games against strangers from time to time

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Made like 250k coins just doing bronze pack method last week, everytime you hit an Australian player you make between 5-10k :)

aye bpm is worthwhile just need patience, I believe Russian league players are selling well atm with the sbc

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Hey guys, is it easy to find games on switch?

All is need is be able to go online, and do a couple of games against strangers from time to time
It takes seconds. There’s actually never been a Fifa that quick to start an online season match from boot. It makes it even more addicting.

NBA2K18 got online play with friends yesterday through a patch, can’t wait for EA to do the same.

WaterAstro

I just decided to watch the Alex Hunter whatever on youtube.

Hmm do I need to spoiler this? I guess so.

I mean it's pretty shitty he didn't get interest from Real Madrid, and it's actually immersion-breaking for me because the last story or season, I scored like 5 goals a game. I think if a player scores 5 goals a game in the premier league and wins all the silverware, regardless of how many games they played, they would get auto interest from all the biggest clubs.

But I guess they can't make a story based on the previous season's performance. Kind of "unrealistic" from a dev perspective.

marc^o^

For what it’s worth, there are now more people playing seasons on Switch’s version than there ever was on FIFA 13 on Wii U. It’s still a tiny fraction of the amount on PS4 players, but it’s still promising after 10 days. I hope new Switch owners will get it during holidays.

Cpt Lmao

For what it’s worth, there are now more people playing seasons on Switch’s version than there ever was on FIFA 13 on Wii U. It’s still a tiny fraction of the amount on PS4 players, but it’s still promising after 10 days. I hope new Switch owners will get it during holidays.

I just hope they introduce the option to save squad lines ups and give instructions

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely lost my mojo online :( Won back to back promotions with just one defeat, then barely managing to stay in Div 8 after 4 losses. Dunno what's happened.

Kiraly

Managed to just win the league in my Player Career on points tied but with a much better GD and both games won against the second placed team.

The game didn't gift me the fucking points for winning the League and nowhere does it show that my player has won the League, 0 domestic titles even though it fucking says my team ended in 1st League Position on both the Career overview menu and the table of the current season.

Fucking EA man, fucking EA. This was on the PC version.

Does it show numbers for it?

sun-drop

squad builder . thats how you make cash.

have not brought a single player, or spent a dime of real money .. have not given a crap of thought to my playing line up .. just playing who ever i get to fill 11 spots out and subs. the rest ive sold on the transfer market ..all to fund squad builder.

ive made about 300k so far just off the hybrid squads. you make WAY more than you put in , if you use the squad building site guides online. easy money

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
Opened 6 packs last night. Gold 1 Squad Battle Rewards, the Australian + Overall Marquee Matchups rewards and the weekly pre-order pack. Luck was in as I pulled Courtois first, then in a non board pack got Bakayoko and Rudiger. The games sense of humour was on show as it also gave me 2 Stamford Bridge cards. Looks like I could get around 140k by selling them, but I think I'll hold on as they all upgrade my PL team.

Edit: Will play with Bakayoko this week and might end up selling. I see a lot of people who can clearly afford whoever they want using him, but I already have Idriss Gueye and Wanyama rotating in that position, and while I'm sure he is better than those guys, the money might make more impact further up the field for me.

DigSCCP

It's the weekend league. Way better rewards, and it can actually be fun, whereas playing with the cpu is just dumb.

And if you're good, you don't even need flashy players.

It really is?
While I agree the rewards are better if you dont have a lot of time Squad Battles seems like a no brainer choice.
I played 8 games last week.
Won 7.
Got a Silver 1 or 2 dont remember.
With 7 games I would qualify to WL and probably got a bronze tier.

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
I was so close to buying a KDB. I've been tracking his price and was reasonably confident I could try him out for a week and then make at least the money back by selling before weekend league. Just a small enough worry about a price crash to stop me though. I don't think TOTY will come in October, but nobody can say for sure right now.

Hixx

I know it's random and all that jazz but of all the pack rewards I've gotten today (took a week off from FIFA, the squad battles grind can do one sometimes) the best card was from a regular pack that I got from the rewards from the one squad battle I did last week: Carrasco.

Won an online draft and the best I got was a Real Madrid third kit which will go for 800 coins. The players were all discard price. And that's from a Rare Players Pack reward :D

Fucking hell.

The draft made me really want to buy a Salah and Martial though. Salah is legit better than Sanchez in this.

pbsapeer

Banned
I’ve had the switch version since launch and really this is the most I’ve ever spent with the FUT mode.

My general feeling towards this version is very positive. The game might feel a bit Arcady at times and sometimes it can be misplaced pass after misplaced pass but I really feel this is my favourite Fifa for many years. It’s easily my favourite compared to most of the Fifa games on PS4 however I have deliberately not bought the PS4 version as playing both would really highlight the switch shortcomings I feel.

All in all I think it’s a very solid game. Really hope EA keep support but the figures are worrying. Maybe a price cut will help shift some copies?

It really is?
While I agree the rewards are better if you dont have a lot of time Squad Battles seems like a no brainer choice.
I played 8 games last week.
Won 7.
Got a Silver 1 or 2 dont remember.
With 7 games I would qualify to WL and probably got a bronze tier.

I mean, it depends.

But I usually get to Elite so I don't have to qualify again and rewards are better.

But yes, squad battles are easier (though still unfair given how the AI cheats xD).

You guys are way too lucky though with packs.

I've opened a lot of two-players pack (and on pc they are a bit more expensive) and got good but not great players (Fernandinho, Jesus, De Rossi, and Subasic).

You guys keep packing the shit. xD

marc^o^

I’ve had the switch version since launch and really this is the most I’ve ever spent with the FUT mode.

My general feeling towards this version is very positive. The game might feel a bit Arcady at times and sometimes it can be misplaced pass after misplaced pass but I really feel this is my favourite Fifa for many years. It’s easily my favourite compared to most of the Fifa games on PS4 however I have deliberately not bought the PS4 version as playing both would really highlight the switch shortcomings I feel.

All in all I think it’s a very solid game. Really hope EA keep support but the figures are worrying. Maybe a price cut will help shift some copies?
I haven’t played Fifa 18 on PC, but I’m now 35 hours into the Switch version, division 5, and gameplay mechanics are far better than Fifa 17. Despite the graphics chiasm, I love it.

By chanced searched Henry for 1.6m max and got one on the dot. Sometimes sells for 1.9. Chuffed. Will use him for awhile and flip for profit. Nearly 200k.

Gibbo

I’m really struggling with defending in this game. I’ve watched YouTube videos on the proper way of defending (jockeying , pressing standing tackle at the right time, using the CDMs instead of defenders,etc) but I’m letting in a lot of goals. I’m especially failing at one on one

If I remember correctly, in FIFA 17, holding X will cause you to close in on the player, and tackle him if you’re close enough. X in FIFA 18 causes you to close down on the player , but stops short of tackling the opponent- and that is where i usually fail. My standing tackles miss more often than not. I reached div 3 in online in FIFA 17, but have already lost 9 matches in a row in Div 8/9 in FIFA 18

I’m really struggling with defending in this game. I’ve watched YouTube videos on the proper way of defending (jockeying , pressing standing tackle at the right time, using the CDMs instead of defenders,etc) but I’m letting in a lot of goals. I’m especially failing at one on one

If I remember correctly, in FIFA 17, holding X will cause you to close in on the player, and tackle him if you’re close enough. X in FIFA 18 causes you to close down on the player , but stops short of tackling the opponent- and that is where i usually fail. My standing tackles miss more often than not. I reached div 3 in online in FIFA 17, but have already lost 9 matches in a row in Div 8/9 in FIFA 18

I don't know if the patch changed this also, but tackles are "chargeable" this year, meaning that holding down the button means a longer reach of thr tackle itself. There even is (was?) a power bar.

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
Opened 6 packs last night. Gold 1 Squad Battle Rewards, the Australian + Overall Marquee Matchups rewards and the weekly pre-order pack. Luck was in as I pulled Courtois first, then in a non board pack got Bakayoko and Rudiger. The games sense of humour was on show as it also gave me 2 Stamford Bridge cards. Looks like I could get around 140k by selling them, but I think I'll hold on as they all upgrade my PL team.

Edit: Will play with Bakayoko this week and might end up selling. I see a lot of people who can clearly afford whoever they want using him, but I already have Idriss Gueye and Wanyama rotating in that position, and while I'm sure he is better than those guys, the money might make more impact further up the field for me.

Bakayoko definitely isn't getting sold. I don't have many big players yet, but he's by far the player that has made the biggest difference to my team out of everyone I've added so far.

Bakayoko definitely isn't getting sold. I don't have many big players yet, but he's by far the player that has made the biggest difference to my team out of everyone I've added so far.

He's good but way overpriced, similar or better players in other leagues go for much less (like Fabinho).

I've packed Boateng from a pre-order pack last night, I'll give it a spin and I'll definitely sell it since it goes for roughly 200k on pc.

Godan

So played my first few fifa UT online games my god the lag is unreal. Every game in the 2nd half felt like the other player just switched it on and my player were all over the place and i couldn't control them. I have really good internet as well so i know it was not at my end.

Weekend league rewards in a couple minutes' time.

Opening my first totw premium pack of the season (next week it will hopefully be an ultimate pack). I won't get shit, of course.

EDIT: 86 Kimmich, 84 Immobile, 82 Berezutskiy.

And guess what? I've sold Boateng yesterday xD

TAD

Two rare players pack is overrated. Got Schmeichel and Goretzka.
I've gotten better players from opening about 5 two player packs than from all the other tons of packs from SBC's and squad battles. Got TOTW Immobile and TOTW Brozovic which is great because they both go straight into my Calcio A squad.

pbsapeer

Banned
One thing that is a massive shame EA didn't implement in the switch version is HD Rumble. When I hit the crossbar it's so plastic and crappy. Some HD rumble could really make such a difference to this.

SumGamer

I've gotten better players from opening about 5 two player packs than from all the other tons of packs from SBC's and squad battles. Got TOTW Immobile and TOTW Brozovic which is great because they both go straight into my Calcio A squad.

Maybe I need to open more but that pack is expensive to get tho. All I can get right now is in the League's SBC. Did you get it through other mean?

marc^o^

It does rumble. Or are you meaning wishing it was more subtle ?
With some ambition, they could leverage HD Rumble’s ability to separate left and right signals, and give us the information if a ball is shot with left or right foot.

But online with friends should definitely be the priority ;)

With some ambition, they could leverage HD Rumble’s ability to separate left and right signals, and give us the information if a ball is shot with left or right foot.

But online with friends should definitely be the priority ;)

Oh gotcha. This makes sense. To be honest, even with a Switch, I don’t understand the HD rumble stuff. That said, the way you just described a possible implementation sounds awesome.

Barzul

Can anyone explain why black cards totw/ones to watch are more expensive than their purple hero card equivalents with the same stats?

Do the TOTW have improved traits of something?

Top Bottom