• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 |OT| It's in the Switch

pbsapeer

Banned
Oh gotcha. This makes sense. To be honest, even with a Switch, I don’t understand the HD rumble stuff. That said, the way you just described a possible implementation sounds awesome.
If you listen / watch to any golf story footage including the HD rumble you'll be amazed at how great it is. The controller's literally create sounding without using the microphone of the ball going into the hole and you can "feel" it bouncing around the hole. It's incredible.
As I say just the implementation of HD Rumble could be great and feel less plastic sounding.

NolbertoS

FIFA, Madden and NBA2K18 for Switch are on my radar. Waiting for some EA price drops on Black Friday before I join the masses. Can’t wait to play FIFA on the go.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Can’t wait to play FIFA on the go.
I played 4 games during our lunch break with 2 colleagues. I brought my Pro Controller and Hori stand. So good.

BNtSjne.jpg

TAD

Can anyone explain why black cards totw/ones to watch are more expensive than their purple hero card equivalents with the same stats?

Do the TOTW have improved traits of something?
I'm guessing you're talking about Sigurdsson or Salah? Their black and gold cards are Ones to Watch, which means the stats can improve if they appear in TOTW or other special forms, so you have a card that can get even better, hence the price increase.

Standard TOTW cards don't change except, I believe, in January where if the player gets a stat boost (e.g. they go from 82 rated to 83 rated) they adjust the TOTW cards accordingly because obviously if you have an 84 rated version of that player then suddenly that's a less impressive card.

SumGamer

What's the deal with this Halloween cards? What do they mean by throughout the year? Is it like special boosting at certain EA defined event or is it kinda like weekly thing?

What's the deal with this Halloween cards? What do they mean by throughout the year? Is it like special boosting at certain EA defined event or is it kinda like weekly thing?

Special events.

Last year it was during halloween only. This year they'll get boosted in other events.

It's a waste of time and money, really.

TAD

They said it would be boosted on spooky dates throughout the year so probably any Friday the 13ths and things like that. The boosted versions look great but the standard cards are nothing special.

mavo

Banned
I bit on the Switch version and haven't played much but i liked it more than i thought i should.

But does anybody knows the best way to improve your team? Fut Champions is a godsend in the other versions but in Switch the rewards for seasons are so ridiculous puny.

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
Cashed in some SBCs for packs and got a Morata and a Pedro. I've packed 5 players over 83 in this game, and 4 of them have been from Chelsea! Still struggling with that final Hybrid League and Nations one. No combination I try seems to work.

Cashed in some SBCs for packs and got a Morata and a Pedro. I've packed 5 players over 83 in this game, and 4 of them have been from Chelsea! Still struggling with that final Hybrid League and Nations one. No combination I try seems to work.

I just did those last 2 in hybrid league, remember that they require getting loyalty. Can be a bit frustrating and I had to spend some gold but got it all back from a sick Sterling card. You can glitch loyalty in single player too to speed it up.

Did the hybrid nation and hybrid league sbcs, got IF Jesus and Martial.

Quite a weekend with Boateng, 86 Kimmich and 84 immobile (all sold).

Now my squad looks like this:

Martial-Jesus IF-Callejon
Bakayoko-Fernandinho-Mertens
IF Ghoulam-koulibaly-Benatia-IF Lichtsteiner
Donnarumma

SumGamer

Is there a link somewhere that explains the difference between each type of card?
The difference between TotW and OTO is that the latter has the arrow background and back stripe, correct?

TAD

Is there a link somewhere that explains the difference between each type of card?
The difference between TotW and OTO is that the latter has the arrow background and back stripe, correct?
OTW are mostly black with a bit of gold in the background, TOTW have a gold strip on the left where the rating is, easiest way to check is to just go on the TOTW challenge and look at the cards.

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
I just did those last 2 in hybrid league, remember that they require getting loyalty. Can be a bit frustrating and I had to spend some gold but got it all back from a sick Sterling card. You can glitch loyalty in single player too to speed it up.

I was making a huge noob mistake. I didn't realise a perfect link was a thing. I thought if you get two out of three things matching, it was the max. Once I realised this, I got it done without too much hassle. I'm not sure what I got in the particular pack as I opened them together with my squad battles and pre-order packs, but Mane came out of one of them. Shame he's dropped in price so much in the last week or two, but still not going to complain.

I also got a TOTW player from the German second division. I know there will be plenty of people who have opened more packs than me and got no special cards, but I've had exactly one OTW, which was Theo Hernandez, and now one TOTW in this guy, and I think both are pretty much worth the quick sell price. I've heard there will probably be SBCs that require special cards so I'll hold onto them in hope, but I guess it will be special cards with a decent rating and a good league to link in to. Can't see these two going up much if that's the case.

WhatNXt

I hope they patch the Switch game to allow gameplay recording. It needs an update generally.. Based on previous sales threads I'm pretty sure it won't get one but I hope I'm wrong!

Cpt Lmao

I've actually come round to the Switch version, didn't realise you could play local co-op with a guest, so credit to EA for that.

czk51

I bought the game on the weekend as there was a cheap copy available. I've never played a football game, I know nothing of the sport itself but jumped into the Switch version and really enjoying it. I've played half a dozen matches on FUT which is crazy simple so far (I won a match 14-0 - infact i've not had the CPU score against me yet!) and last night started the other main career mode where you are an actual player rather than a team, which is great fun. I love the mini games between matches.

I watched a video on Squad Battles and was excited to get into it only to find it's also missing from the Switch version (I knew The Journey was missing which is no biggie for me) .

The trading system and the vast customization options make the game extremely deep if you want to get into it all - from my understanding it pulls from players real life stats each week?

So far I'm just enjoying making cash and buying the card packs to create a better team. If there's an optimal way to make cash early I'd appreciate any tips.

I've put 60 hours into the Switch version now. Played with a bunch of PS/Xbox-owning buddies in that time, too. Not one of them commented on any aspect of the gameplay or presentation, so I'd say that's as high praise as you can get - it was just FIFA to them.

czk51

Haha this is great: Playing the career mode on my office lunch break. My character got sent off, so I've set the switch up with the kickstand and watching the rest of the match play out while I 'work'.

czk51

The game actually showed me all the patch notes. Too much to remember, lots of fixes for issues I'm too new to have encountered.

Putosaure

Courtesy of 1lokolo1 on YouTube

This update includes the following changes:

Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
-Some players would get the same Pre-Match Skill Game before every match.
-The Attempts counter was missing in the Beat Your Main Skill Game.
-The wrong button callouts were highlighted in the FIFA Trainer when performing crosses.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
-Some Squad Building Challenges were missing art.
-Text would sometimes overlap on the Squad Building Challenges requirements screen.

Addressed the following issues in Online Modes:
-Multiple issues related to changing control types going into, during, and leaving matches.
-Some of the text was hard to read on the Team Select screens in Local Seasons.
-An issue where the country flags on the leaderboards would be incorrect.
-The pause timer overlay would stay on the players screen after leaving an online match.

Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
-Prize money was not being correctly awarded for competitions in certain situations.
-An issue, in Player Career, where the game would crash going into a Pre-Season Tournament match if your Pro was injured.

Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
-Updated the Chile National Team kits and crest to be authentic.

Addresssed the following issues Audio / Visual / Presentation:
-The ball would sometimes be invisible in the Pre-Match Cinematics.
-The 3D player image was missing from the Create Player flow.

GrinWithoutaKat

Neo Member
Qualified for my first ever Weekend League! I have zero expectations for it. I've read people find them stressful, but I can't really imagine it. If anything the Daily Knockout is kind of stressful as one loss can wipe out all your previous progress. I know I'm going to get a dreadful record over the weekend so won't worry about the losses piling up.

Is anyone interested in buying a FUT 18 pc account with lots of players and coins? xD

I don't know if it's against the rules here (I know EA doesn't like the selling of accounts) but I can't stand this game anymore. It's just bullshit.

EDIT: it's like the game is listening: while still being shit in-game today, I packed Pogba in a 2 players upgrade pack. Out of nowhere. xD

Started playing FUT for the first time ever and would appreciate some help. I'm just playing casually in Single Season, so I won't be playing a ton of matches.

- What should I be doing to improve my squad quickly: buying players or buying packs?

- I got Banega on Loan as a reward and he's listed in the Player Search but there's no option to add him to my squad. How do I do that?

- Is there a limit for Loan Players?

- Is it worth trying to sell anything other than players and should I lower the Buy Now Price from the default?

- What do you do with untradeable players?

- How do you change the match ball?

Started playing FUT for the first time ever and would appreciate some help. I'm just playing casually in Single Season, so I won't be playing a ton of matches.

- What should I be doing to improve my squad quickly: buying players or buying packs?

Don't buy packs. Do the squad building challenges (under singleplayer tab) to get some free players/pack. Then sell whatever you don't like/it's worth and buy the players you want.

- I got Banega on Loan as a reward and he's listed in the Player Search but there's no option to add him to my squad. How do I do that?

- Is there a limit for Loan Players?

No limit; you can claim your items under the first tab on FUT (fut menu).

- Is it worth trying to sell anything other than players and should I lower the Buy Now Price from the default?

If you're unsure about the value of an item, just leave the buy now at max. Otherwise, do a little price comparison and decide. You can sell everything, with patience.

- What do you do with untradeable players?

Use them (try them, you might find something that suits your style) or store them to complete squad building challenges.

- How do you change the match ball?

Under "my club" tab, search for club items and then under "actions" apply the item.

;)

pieface

Really dislike this game since the patch.

Feels like the player who's playing with a better team gets even more of an edge now because their players are less "sluggish" than the shitter team.

Shame, it was quite fun before, quite arcady but quite fun I thought.

Now it's just frustrating.

Really dislike this game since the patch.

Feels like the player who's playing with a better team gets even more of an edge now because their players are less "sluggish" than the shitter team.

Shame, it was quite fun before, quite arcady but quite fun I thought.

Now it's just frustrating.
Believe me, if you have a good track record, the game will punish you, no matter your team.

I've been in the top 10 in fifa 17, i get to elite now and it's always the same.

The patch is just icing on the shit cake. xD

Thanks for the help metareferential. Just like in Career Mode the UI is frustrating. So many different screens and lots of button pressing to complete simple tasks :(

I just started Squad Building Challenges and it wants me to Exchange a Bronze Player for a Bronze Reward Pack but doesn't bother to explain how to do it.

Anyone using the FUT Companion App? I'm trying to login on my ipad using the Google Authenticator and everytime I put the code in it tells me it's incorrect which is bullshit.

I decided just to go with email security instead. Turns out the FUT Companion App is less laggy and easier to navigate than the FUT UI on PC. But now it won't let me be logged in on PC and ipad at the same time. EA don't make this shit easy.

For FUT Single Seasons, is the Team Chem entry requirement only based on your active squad when you enter or on a match-to-match basis? Most of them are 90 Team Chem and I rotate between 2 lineups (93 Chem and 89 Chem).

Just got rewarded with Leroy Sane PTG, listed at an average $190,000-$200,000. I have 2 squads and the one he's in has 86 Chem currently and I have Schurrle to replace him so I don't absolutely need to keep him. The money would help me buy a few marquee players currently out of my reach. It's the first upgraded card I've ever had so is his value likely to increase or should I consider selling him now?

sane-md.png

Just got rewarded with Leroy Sane PTG, listed at an average $190,000-$200,000. I have 2 squads and the one he's in has 86 Chem currently and I have Schurrle to replace him so I don't absolutely need to keep him. The money would help me buy a few marquee players currently out of my reach. It's the first upgraded card I've ever had so is his value likely to increase or should I consider selling him now?

sane-md.png
If he gets an inform your card will be upgraded. Value is going to explode.

That card will be upgraded every time he gets an IF.

Your choice ;)

Top Bottom