• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 Reveal Trailer

Jumeira

Banned
THE GOAT IS IN THE GAME? WHAT?

giphy.gif

Day One.

GOAT!!!! Along with Zidain :D

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people saying it's the end of Messi when Reus was on the cover of FIFA 17? PES had Barca rights last year and for this year too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing about Switch on the site, whereas the PS3/360 Legacy editions have their own page.

lol EA
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid C.F. as the global cover star of EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18, launching worldwide September 29, 2017 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®3, and Xbox 360* systems.
Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170605005427/en/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Named-Global-Cover-Star-EA

Ronaldo Edition is a really misleading name because the standard edition also includes Ronaldo. The actual only difference is microtransaction money and 3 days early access.

uceenk

i regretted to buy Fifa 17

i mostly played it offline, usually playing league (i don't even care about FUT and the likes), the thing is the AI defender in that game is too hard for my taste, it's almost imposible to past them

FIFA 15, is the last FIFA game that i really enjoyed

so i hope the gameplay on FIFA 18 would similar to FIFA 15, i will definetly play the demo first before decide to buy it

Games take time to make pal. It's been 3 years now, we're going to see these games at E3 and it's going to be insane

Giving up on all these marketing deals would make sense then yeah. But at the same time they DO get the new AC marketing deal. Overall it definitely would make sense not paying money for those deals so they can use that money on what truly matters. But are they? And are we going to see results Sunday?

MrS

Banned
We can only imagine the heights he could've reached if it wasn't so.
Truth. The man is still a true great though. Hope there's a Ronaldinho Icon card too. He was my favourite player when I was a nipper.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Seems like Xbox still has legends, maybe PlayStation will have some exclusive legends instead.

Coffinhal

i mostly played it offline, usually playing league (i don't even care about FUT and the likes), the thing is the AI defender in that game is too hard for my taste, it's almost imposible to past them

so i hope the gameplay on FIFA 18 would similar to FIFA 15, i will definetly play the demo first before decide to buy it

sliders help a lot with AI defenders
I now can enjoy very offensive games where I can score loads of goals but also need to Watch by back because they're good with Attack (Legend)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
So I guess whatever their deal with Microsoft is means Legends can never be on PS4?

Can't think why else they'd need 'Icon' cards.

17 was my least favourite since 04. they'll have to do something exceptional to pull me back.

DominoKid

PS4 has the legends now??? stop EA. i can only get so erect.

I played FIFA 17 at the weekend with the free trial and it was fucking abysmal. It looked nice but played like shit, all stop-start and jerky. No flow whatsoever. Plus it felt even MORE automatic than previous years. This franchise is deep in the toilet but still sells by the billion. It's maddening.

EA has mastered the jank/responsiveness/fuckery feedback loops in FIFA. that's why it is king. no matter how bad a game goes for you, you get to start all over in 15 minutes.

Btw, there was an update for FIFA 17 that accidentaly added certain players into the game
you could search for:

Ronaldo
Henry
Zidane
Beckham

and all existing legends on PS4.

jett

D-Member
Pretty clever to promote the game with both Ronaldos.

The real one is the one that won a world cup, of course.

Mubrik

Yes!!!! As a Real Madrid and Ronaldo fan, I'll be picking up Fifa again and I hope it looks good too they've had a year now to put frostbite to work Unlike last year implementation.

Top Bottom