• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 Reveal Trailer

Pachimari

Now I have to buy the box edition (usually goes digital) just because of that legendary Nazario cover.

So how hard will it be to actually get these Icon cards in FUT?

TM94

Can't believe some people refer to the greatest football player of all time as 'Fat Ronaldo'.

Put some damn respek on his name.

I-hate-u

Don't expect to use Brazilian Ronaldo or many other of these players. They are exclusive to a mode called Ultimate Team which essentially requires you to spend at least hundreds of dollars to buy these players.

Pele has been in Fifa since 14 and yet I'd wager less than 1% of people who own Fifa have gotten to use him.

Haven't played Fifa in a decade. Is this what it has come to?

What, so they're not even gonna give us a boxed copy with Nazario? That would be a shame. Are we sure this is the case?

DBkhsWRW0AAGaxe.jpg

From the PS store

Don't expect to use Brazilian Ronaldo or many other of these players. They are exclusive to a mode called Ultimate Team which essentially requires you to spend at least hundreds of dollars to buy these players.

Pele has been in Fifa since 14 and yet I'd wager less than 1% of people who own Fifa have gotten to use him.

Never seen such hyperbole. There are literally channels on youtube dedicated to making millions and spending 0 money on the game. It's very easy to make money on FIFA without spending your own. I'm part of a discord that hundreds of members make millions so far this year and haven't spent a single penny.

Loris146

Never seen such hyperbole. There are literally channels on youtube dedicated to making millions and spending 0 money on the game. It's very easy to make money on FIFA without spending your own. I'm part of a discord that hundreds of members make millions so far this year and haven't spent a single penny.

Made 1 ML last year in around 3 weeks ( 1/2 hours a day ). With the weekend challenge was too easy.

Pachimari

Could you me this discord ? :) I would happily participate.

MrS

Banned
Hit me up with that discord link please sir

Interesting that, instead of becoming PlayStation exclusive, Legends Icons are now multi platform.

Also interesting to see that said multiplatforms does not include the Switch. Does that indicate that Ultimate Team is being stripped from the Switch version, or am I being paranoid?

You're part of a very dedicated trading community though, very few people will ever get to use someone like Pele. It took me a long time to build the coins needed to afford him and I mixed trading and spending some money.

However, I'd certainly like to join forces with your group since certain trading strategies are much more effective if there is a concerted effort involved.

Tainted

I don't even know why they even bother.....it's pretty much a given that a new FIFA will release every September.

I learnt nothing about the new FIFA from that trailer other than it's (expected) release date and it will be a Ronaldo circle jerk.

Kayant

Well go to see content isn't exclusive to any platform anymore. Interesting Sony either don't push for it or wasn't able get to as part of their deal.

Weekly UK sales should now be in PS4s on most weeks.
Is this your new thing? Are you Statham's little brother or something?

Come on son, don't get your account banned dropping this nonsense in every thread.
Seems more like bait wapplew of the old.

Reckheim

Interesting that, instead of becoming PlayStation exclusive, Legends Icons are now multi platform.

Also interesting to see that said multiplatforms does not include the Switch. Does that indicate that Ultimate Team is being stripped from the Switch version, or am I being paranoid?
There is no switch version ...

Could you me this discord ? :) I would happily participate.

Not a dollar spend on this team and only played close to a 100 games. Trading became a lot easier with all the squad builder challenges. To be fair, I'm not even that interested in playing the game anymore, I just like to trade on the companion app and doing the SBCs when I'm on my way to uni etc.

Why is it huge? This isn't going to make Xbox players buy a PS4.

Might convince new people in the market to pick up a PS4 though. Plus based on what I'm reading from people within the community is that now with the legends/icons also being available on PS4, more might move to the PS4.

jmartoine

Well go to see content isn't exclusive to any platform anymore. Interesting Sony either don't push for it or wasn't able get to as part of their deal.

Well XB1 had Legends as exclusive content, I imagine there would be a huge backlash if EA removed them from the XB1 version when adding them to the PS4 version.

Hermii

Don't come in here and tell me this isn't huge.

Maybe it is huge, I would understand it earlier in the gen, but I somehow doubt this will convince the a lot of people who don't own either system by now to pick up a PS4, and I even more doubt this will get a lot of people who own an Xbox to buy a PS4 for Fifa.

Jack cw

Maybe it is huge, I would understand it earlier in the gen, but I somehow doubt this will convince the a lot of people who don't own either system by now to pick up a PS4, and I even more doubt this will get a lot of people who own an Xbox to buy a PS4 for Fifa.
Dont overlook the millions of costumers that have still not jumped into current gen. A lot of people will upgrade, especially casuals in the next few years when ps4 is under 199$. This deal is huge because it tells mom where football is being played. From a marketing perspective, where the core gamers have imigrated and the casuals are key targets, this is an excellent deal. I rate it higher than Destiny2, even RDR2.

Top Bottom