• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 Reveal Trailer

TB12

Banned
Its been a very long time that i play Fifa, but what do they mean with the word loan?
Cristiano ronaldo Loan, ronaldo Loan, player Loan etc etc?

Seems like Xbox still has legends, maybe PlayStation will have some exclusive legends instead.

Legends are not exclusive anymore.
All Platforms now have (presumably the same) Legends
Xbox, Playstation and PC
b6151391cc897db40904e19ba5a9a7c1.ppng

Unknown?

Phil meant it when he said they aren't focused on marketing deals. Putting the money into first party development. Excited to see fruits of that and excited to play FIFA on SCORPIO
As we know from Sony's financials they aren't even that expensive. Sony has the marketing for multiplatform games and has been churning out way more first party/second/third party exclusives. Microsoft missed the boat if they're now just starting to focus on that while Sony and even Nintendo is in full gear.

Looks like EA's exclusive deal with MS has ended and they went to Sony for a new deal.

Onviously a lesser deal as Legends are available on all platforms now.

Unkle

Il Fenomeno!

So, this whole Legends thing -- is it strictly UT or can you play standard kick-off matches like you can with the Classic XI, etc?

I'm a little confused. Some legends that was Xbox exclusive won't be there? And some legends will be PS exclusive?

God I can't believe this yet. I can't afford this legend probably and still hyped AF!

SumGamer

Why don't they called it Legend? Sounds like they are gonna split the historic player into two group for each platform.

nero2082

Btw, there was an update for FIFA 17 that accidentaly added certain players into the game
you could search for:

Ronaldo
Henry
Zidane
Beckham

and all existing legends on PS4.

that's foreshadowing

need this game in my life, it could be the (pun) ultimate FIFA for me, you couldn't set it up better than that really

Yup, Legends/Icons are now for PS4, Xbox One and PC, no exclusive content.

However by the looks of it, there is indeed some PlayStation marketing level here, I really want to see if a PS4 / FIFA 18 bundle will launch in Europe this autumn.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Phil meant it when he said they aren't focused on marketing deals. Putting the money into first party development. Excited to see fruits of that and excited to play FIFA on SCORPIO

Is this your new thing? Are you Statham's little brother or something?

Sony is pre damage controlling E3 since they know they will get destroyed by SCORPIO

Come on son, don't get your account banned dropping this nonsense in every thread.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
At least there's no voting for the game's cover this year after the last year's fuck-up. I hope Dortmund fans at least got a consolation about their player spending more time on the FIFA 17's cover than on the field.

Elandyll

Banned
Yup, Legends/Icons are now for PS4, Xbox One and PC, no exclusive content.

However by the looks of it, there is indeed some PlayStation marketing level here, I really want to see if a PS4 / FIFA 18 bundle will launch in Europe this autumn.
Given how well the FIFA 17 bundle did for the XB1 last year in the UK, a £199 PS4 FIFA 18 bundle would clean up in Sept/ Oct I imagine.

Edit: checked on Amazon UK. FIFA 17 was #1 game in 2016, and the XB1 Fifa bundle # 1 console SKU.

Fantastic news to see that no content is locked behind specific hardware, looks like Sony just has the marketing rights for this game and no exclusive DLC.

BigEmil

Same ol shit every FIFA.

May buy it when its half the price not paying full price for every single installment every year

Fifa is nothing but an UT game now. Gameplay will still be scripted and the servers will always lose connection, They'll just slow the gameplay down to fifa 16 style and people will think it's more realistic than 17 was.

Rinse & repeat.

ps3ud0

Having the Fifa console bundle seems a pretty big deal in the RotW, just like the Madden one in the US.

Surprised MS let go of that if PS have it as the Legends exclusive wasn't that important...

ps3ud0 8)

Saw in a small print from the other thread we're getting Alex Hunter 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Hope they have more off pitch stuff to do. Wanna get the choice to deck a DJ for not playing Phil Collins. The key is whether they can come up with another vidya game villain of the year like they did with Gareth Walker.

bud

a trailer showing ronaldo dribbling past players

fifa has never been realistic but this is just taking it too far

Top Bottom