• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa Switch will be reportedly based off the PS3/360 versions

They're not going to put the effort into porting the current version of Frostbite unless it's the Switch is at least a mild success.

So it can run the full version of unreal 4 but using ps360 versions? I think this might be more ea cheaping out than the console being crap which I know most people are going with it.

Only reason Unreal 4 doesnt work on 360/PS3 is because Epic didnt want it to.

It has nothing to do with power.

Running a engine and running a engine well with all its bells and whistles are very different things.

Nightbird

Leaked Cover

75272-fifa-15-wii-u.png

What about Skyrim?

I said the same damn thing about Skyrim too and I was right there as well.
People kept tryna, "nah you dont know what you talking about its a bit stronger than Wii U"

Let me tell yall something.. there is no middle games between a Wii U and PS4/Xbox One. If there was we wouldve been saw it.

KingBroly

Banned
What do you expect them to do? Nintendo is the one not even trying when it's easier to fancy up the old versions than to just cut down the newer ones.

Not even trying to put their main, system-wide engine on a system when (I'm guessing) it can handle it is pretty petty of EA, honestly. It shows they have 0 plans for the system going forward even if it is a success.

Called it! Knew it would be LEGACY EDITION HAHAHAHHA. Fucking EA.

Seeing Skyrim, it seems like Switch can do 360 level graphics but not higher. It kinda makes sense when time is a consumption here.

Roster updates. Isn't that where it's at right now anyway for the PS3/360?

That sounds incredibly wrong. So they sell these games as new and just update the roster? Wtf.

Yup, this is basically a strong handheld and the library will represent this

How portable is it?

And how long does the 3DS battery last? Im guessing portable-like games will run 6 hours, while console like games will last 2-3?

It should be a fine successor... but the battery and portability is a huge concern, and I HOPE we continue to get 3DS like games, so that means top down Zelda, and top down Pokemon, alongside console-like counterparts

Ganondolf

I thought this would happen. EA has not put any effort into Nintendo console games for a long time. The chances of them porting frostbite was almost zero.

EmiPrime

Last gen version of FIFA, last gen version of Skyrim, another port of Rayman Legends and bugger all else.

Western third party publishers taking the piss. Nintendo still incompetent at securing third party support. It's the Wii U all over again.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Be realistic, nobody would play FUT or competitive in the Switch. I know i wouldnt cause that screen would crack under pressure at the second match.

Chindogg

I said the same damn thing about Skyrim too and I was right there as well.
People kept tryna, "nah you dont know what you talking about its a bit stronger than Wii U"

Let me tell yall something.. there is no middle games between a Wii U and PS4/Xbox One. If there was we wouldve been saw it.

Can we stop with this bullshit? The PS4 version of DQ11's coming to Switch, as is Steep. Will it be a downport? Sure, but let's knock this notion that Switch is somehow 1.5 Wii Us when already that's been proven false out the door. It's not Xbox One level but it's clearly better than Wii U in some places.

ethomaz

Banned
That was expected already.

Can we stop with this bullshit? The PS4 version of DQ11's coming to Switch, as is Steep. Will it be a downport? Sure, but let's knock this notion that Switch is somehow 1.5 Wii Us when already that's been proven false out the door. It's not Xbox One level but it's clearly better than Wii U in some places.
I thought DQ XI Switch version is based on 3DS version.

Ahasverus

The footage they showed had some of the updates. Better terrain textures, trees, etc than vanilla. Did people expect Skyrim to look like the PS4 remastered version?
Why would people expect the next generation Nintendo console to look like the current generation Microsoft one amirite? Those fools.

Well let's see.... The worst current gen machine is a 1.31 Tflops machine with 8 GB of Ram

Switch is a 0.4 Tflops machine with 4 GB of ram.... Not surprising to me...

I guess at least a 360 port could run at 1080p/60.....

Its not bullshit man.. whats the point anyway of trying to prove its stronger? Just to say its stronger? I love the switch but specs dont mean anything. I dont care how many glops or nanomachines is inside of it.

dcx4610

Despite what Nintendo and a lot of fan boys tell you, hardware matters and I'm glad to finally see people mad at their decision.

Imagine a new iPhone, GPU or any type of hardware getting released and the company either doesn't tell you what the specs are or they are 2-3 generations weak. It's insane. People like cutting edge or at least modern technology. Nintendo is beyond out of touch and it's so frustrating because I desperately want the company evolve and succeed.

AmyS

Makes sense.

Switch is much closer in horsepower and graphics performance to 360 / PS3 / Wii U than it is to PS4 / Xbox One.

Even when docked.

Mr T.

Banned
Despite what Nintendo and a lot of fan boys tell you, hardware matters and I'm glad to finally see people mad at their decision.

Imagine a new iPhone, GPU or any type of hardware getting released and the company either doesn't tell you what the specs are or they are 2-3 generations weak. It's insane. People like cutting edge or at least modern technology. Nintendo is beyond out of touch and it's so frustrating because I desperately want the company evolve and succeed.
Some people would tell you that iPhones are 2-3 generations weak... Not the best example. And don't even get me started with the camera on some of the previous generations.

Alchemy

If they can't easily port their current gen offerings the Switch is basically going to have zero third party support moving forward. Yikes.

Top Bottom