• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA World Cup 2011 Final Japan vs USA |OT| - JAPAN WINS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassatsu

Banned
qr8ZJ.jpg

valeo

Korey said:
I don't get why people hate the US..is it because we beat them at everything including sports we don't care about?

Can't say I remember the US beating my team in anything..

You guys beat yourselves.

I will feel bad for whichever team that loses seriously

I like them both for different reasons. So I'll just watch. If I had to predict the outcome I would say, U.S. wins.

Still would not mind seeing Japan take it, I've read on CNN these girls don't have pro funding they keep day jobs and practice after work so I admire that.

speedpop said:

(Samurai Blue?) This is the MEN's TEAM... don't diss these girl's hard work this way

"Nadeshiko” is a nickname of National women soccer team of Japan. Nadeshiko is a flower of 'pink frilled carnation' symbolizing grace & beauty."

日本ガンo(`・ω・´)oバレーー!いけぇぇぇぇっーーーლ(╹◡╹ლ)!!!!

Udxq1.jpg

faridmon

Those Japanese Girls look really manly. more manly than the males I know very well. Fuck, Japan, where is your manliness?

faridmon said:
Those Japanese Girls look really manly. more manly than the males I know very well. Fuck, Japan, where is your manliness?

They are in the Host Clubs duh!

manliness is really subjective to your point of view is it not?
why not ask Japanese Women what they think manliness is?

but to be honest I have observed that there is much less range of features between gender in Japan. I guess thats why they have popular models who are secretly male that pass as female - the whole gender-bender thing I see going on in manga too

faridmon

Smiles and Cries said:
They are in the Host Clubs duh!

manliness is really subjective to your point of view is it not?
why not ask Japanese Women what they think manliness is?

but to be honest I have observed that there is much less range of features between gender in Japan. I guess thats why they have popular models who are secretly male that pass as female - the whole gender-bender thing I see going on in manga too
My comment wasn't there to take seriously, and I really don't mind to be honest. But yeah, Manliness and the gender range is very strange in Asian culture.

However, surely you have to wonder why males in Japan are very much soft and hard to rely on these days (by females) while 20 years ago, it was the male who did all the labour work and everything. Maybe the Gender bender thing in Mangas and Gackt have some influence on the whole culture, But i do find it quite.... Intresting, to say the least.

and Manliness is not subjective...

coldvein

Banned
keit4 said:
The Japanese call it サッカー

ok, i forgot that the Japanese also call it soccer ;(

Anyways i'll be rooting for them, i think.

time to hand in your anime card, bru.

anyway.. go america. maybe somebody will take their shorts off when we win, this time?

SamuraiX-

Most of those bigots don't even care about futbol.

They're just attention whores trying to stand out on the Internet because their lives are complete shit in the real world.

Regardless, go USA!

lush

Too many bandwagoners in here, pretty funny actually. Regardless, let's get this shit USA!

Rapinoe best be starting. Rodriguez has no swag.

lush said:
Too many bandwagoners in here, pretty funny actually. Refardless, let's get this shit USA!

Rapinoe best be starting. Rodriguez has no swag.

Soccer is a relatively new sport in the mainstream American consciousness. So, if there are a lot of fans, they are obviously just jumping on the bandwagon. I think it's great.

Slizz

Rodriguez has scored in every game against Japan this year, however she is out. Rapinoe in, Cheney moving closer to the front

USA wearing white btw.

Levyne

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
Soccer is a relatively new sport in the mainstream American consciousness. So, if there are a lot of fans, they are obviously just jumping on the bandwagon. I think it's great.

Not to mention that the national teams hardly ever get any airtime over here outside of the world cup. Hell even this final match isn't over the air.

lush

vas_a_morir said:
I was talking about all the new Japanese fans we have in here. Kind of figured out that's how the US works, wish they'd stick with something after the bandwagon stops.

Korey said:
It starts at 11:45am pst right? How long do soccer games last?

It starts in 1 hour.

90 minutes plus 15 minute break after the first 45 minutes.

If it's a draw after 90 minutes, the extra time will be 30 minutes a 2x15 minutes.
If it's a draw after 120 minutes, there'll be penalty kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom