• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

7 japanese players will attend dreamhack summer this weekend. aside from daigo, which other jap players will be there? and i'm surprised to see a huge number of american players going to dreamhack

Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 2m
Top 5 DH Summer sign-ups (by nation) so far: SE 59, US 18, UK 12, JP 7, NL 6 More details on tonight’s @WinnerStaysOn with @TheStreetWriter

Horseress

Street Fighter and Tekken on pc
cux1x3P.png

KOF pls

What ended up being wrong with the last blade port? I knew it was going to be messed up.

Random slowdowns not present in the original, game freezes/hard locks randomly, and owners of the original have reported input lag. It's a shame they just didn't go with M2 like the Neo Geo titles on PS3. Those were so much better.

Beckx

you guys are so cynical about video games

just my observation and maybe way off base, but i think if you did a venn diagram with "people who really love fighting games all the way back to the classics" and "people who get excited about gritty/military shootbang games & Ubi style open world games" there would be little overlap

E3 makes it hard to remember that latter categories of games are really a minority of the actual amount of games even if they're taking the lions' share of the budget.

i love games but E3 is mostly a reminder that i'm not the target demo for most of the major publisher efforts. i try to approach it with an open mind like "wow, robot dinosaurs and the world looks amazing!" (for example) but five minutes in i'm left with a feeling that the combat is dull and the exposition is miserable. maybe that's in part because of the nature of these big scripted demos, though.

Random slowdowns not present in the original, game freezes/hard locks randomly, and owners of the original have reported input lag. It's a shame they just didn't go with M2 like the Neo Geo titles on PS3. Those were so much better.

if only that ROM had been part of the humble bundle

Skilletor

Finally got around to downloading KI on PC. Needed to log in to my xb1 to get my stuff over on pc for whatever reason. no big deal. Until I need to download a 26gb update for KI on XB1.

Why is an update for a game 26gb? The fuck is going on with that?

Finally got around to downloading KI on PC. Needed to log in to my xb1 to get my stuff over on pc for whatever reason. no big deal. Until I need to download a 26gb update for KI on XB1.

That is really large. I wonder if they're just replacing the entire executable instead of patching it? I think Capcom does that with SFV updates.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Shadow Lords (which hasn't launched yet) and General RAAM

notworksafe

It just uninstalls and reinstalls the game. It isn't using 26gb extra space.

Kalamari

After watching the E3presentations I am just left feeling that many of the games look the same. There were so many FPS and TPS games and many of them seemed to lack any sort of memorable quality. The fact is that the FPS and TPS genres have been around for so long that many have gown tired of them, but because they are the easiest to market to the masses they are still thriving. They are probably seen as a very safe investment by publishers and that is why we are seeing so many of them.

Xbox presentation was a snooze fest (besides Tekken), full of shlubby t-shirt and backwards hat wearing presenters trying their hardest to look cool while still presenting confidently to hundreds of people. I guess they were working to hard for MS that they had no time put on a suit or attempt to dress properly for the occasion.

PS presentation was far better, orchestra was good, beatboxing lady was funny, and the presenters knew how to dress. Lots of gameplay was shown as opposed to just trailers and presenters uttering the usual platitudes and other bullshit.

When's Nintendo?

Xbox presentation was a snooze fest (besides Tekken), full of shlubby t-shirt and backwards hat wearing presenters trying their hardest to look cool while still presenting confidently to hundreds of people. I guess they were working to hard for MS that they had no time put on a suit or attempt to dress properly for the occasion.

Or you could be a heavyset dude with a cane dressed in black at an Ubi conference. Talking about wolves at the door step, and murder and pillaging and all that nonsense.

vulva

Heading toward the e3 building now, I'll be there all three days so if there's anything you guys want me to try to ask about or try out or whatever let me know. I don't expect I'll be too busy while there so I'll try my best to do any valid requests.

Heading toward the e3 building now, I'll be there all three days so if there's anything you guys want me to try to ask about or try out or whatever let me know. I don't expect I'll be too busy while there so I'll try my best to do any valid requests.

tell Ono to add Deejay into SFV

CO_Andy

Bug Ono about Marvel 4, DarkStalkers 4, and Nintendo vs Capcom

Numb

Haggar
Skullomania
And Skullomania

Dahbomb

lol at expecting this in the first place.

After seeing GOW move away from the "stylish action game" formula, I'm wondering where Capcom is gonna go with a supposed DMC4.
People who liked GoW did so because of the spectacle and presentation, if they loved GoW because of the combat then they would be playing DMC/NG/Bayonetta instead.

No surprise that people in the GoW thread are praising the game.

There's no way Capcom turns DMC5 into a walking simulator. If they do something even remotely close to that then I will officially perma ban myself from GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom