• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

UHcbJ1Q.jpg

Custom Color Palettes shown in the gear mode in Injustice 2.
Base mode for tournaments and FGC crowd to enjoy confirmed though not detailed.
Supergirl confirmed for a trait based on her heat vision.
Supers can deal more damage through pressing certain things during the animation at certain times.

Who are the cute DC girls I need to pick a character for when it comes out

In an NRS game, I'd wager the answer is "None".

Serious answer: Supergirl, Power Girl, Starfire, Raven, Black Canary, Huntress. Those are off the top of my head. Supergirl is the only one in Injustice 2 right now, jury's out on all the others I listed.

The Light

Base mode is good, but I keep thinking about how most likely there will be a character who would need one of those different moves to help them compete.
Also was it confirmed rolls are only a bar? Can they be punished like in kof?

So you can increase the damage of your supers by inputting buttons during them, but they aren't going to be documented, they're secret like original fatalities...

In an NRS game, I'd wager the answer is "None".

Serious answer: Supergirl, Power Girl, Starfire, Raven, Black Canary, Huntress. Those are off the top of my head. Supergirl is the only one in Injustice 2 right now, jury's out on all the others I listed.

raven? we talking teen titans raven or....

shaowebb

Base mode is good, but I keep thinking about how most likely there will be a character who would need one of those different moves to help them compete.
Also was it confirmed rolls are only a bar? Can they be punished like in kof?

They are a bar and Perfect Legend confirmed they are Meter Burned dashes. However, we still dont have specifics on how they function like in terms of:
  • recovery. How punishable are they?
  • Do they have any invulnerability? Like on startup, recovery, or entirely?
  • Are they throw punishable?
  • Since they are MB dashes can dash cancellable strings cancel into these?
  • can they be done on wakeup?
  • Are their MB back dashes? If so is this the input to perform those "breaker" things we've been seeing?

We don't know any of these things yet. Still very early news here, but very big potentially for wakeups, footsies, and general mindgames as a panicked roll could lead to blown meter and a blowup combo punish.

I'm quite certain solid zoners like Pig of the Hut will love these because instead of folks playing against their style more patiently they will often get lured into punishable rolls.It may make meter building slower for them now, but I think the full combo punishes that Pig and other NRS zoners would be able to net should help alleviate that.

Village

Who are the cute DC girls I need to pick a character for when it comes out

Why would you play as a cute girl if atrocitus with Dex Star the cat red lantern is on the roster.
Mother fuckers come from a red planet with seasons of blood and all they do is fight and do metal shit all day.

The Light

Yea I can definitely see rolls playing a huge part. At least it will avoid zod vs lex situation.
That Kazuya looks like that one guy in KOF, I forget his name...

Revoking your fighting game pass right now

Also what is going on with Dissidia final fantasy. Haven't heard anything about that game since it released

Line_HTX

Oh god someone posted 50 minutes of KOF 14. Hold my calls. This plus the Injustice 2 footage in 30 minutes, and the Ed Boon QA on facebook after that means I will be tied up for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sYR7hdKys0

EDIT: Oh shit Ralf no longer a charge character?!

DOUBLE EDIT: Yoooo...Kukri apparently has a shitload of moves that rain sand down below him during a jump. This dude might be sick after a knockdown or for crossups with this. Hoping he beats AA's clean.

TRIPLE EDIT: Uh oh. Airdash dude with the glowing hand attacks? Yeah his airdashes DEVOUR his max mode meter. Two air dashes in a row and he was nearly spend on max mode.

Unbelievable. I cannot believe they went out of their way to have a 50 minute special on the rundown of KOF 14 and fucking subtitled it for US audiences! Thanks Playstation!

I was wondering why Kyo sounded a little different, because he was replaced! And I'm totally digging what I think is the rock theme for KOF. I hope it's as good as the SFV menu theme.

I-hate-u

From the many Spiderman interviews, it seems Marvel is getting serious about their IPs when it comes to big budget games.

And since Capcom were one of the few devs that did their IPs justice, maybe the MVC4 dream is not dead after all? Shame and Neo_G leaving though.

vg260

From the many Spiderman interviews, it seems Marvel is getting serious about their IPs when it comes to big budget games.

And since Capcom were one of the few devs that did their IPs justice, maybe the MVC4 dream is not dead after all? Shame and Neo_G leaving though.

I dunno, it sounds like a fighting game like MvC isn't the kind of "epic experience" they seem to want, that is unless they up the experience to a more MK/Injustice type game with mass-market appeal via a big-budget story mode and lots of casual features like Injustice 2 seems to be doing with loot/RPG-type stuff. Dunno if Capcom has the resources.

Kumubou

You already answered your own question in your own statement. Capcom does not have the resources to invest in an "epic" AAAAAAAAA experience of any kind at this point. That and they've already proven to be incapable of making money with the Marvel license twice (how????), so why would Disney even return their calls?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Uh Tekken uses the buffer because it uses frame delay netcode not rollback...

Jesus Christ Crapcom.

The fastest buttons in general in Tekken are ~10 frames

The fastest buttons in SFV are 3 frames

You can see why 8 frames of input delay is more of a factor in one than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom