• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I play way more Overwatch than any FG nowadays. Probably put more hours into it since release than I did all of SF4, lol.

I've been playing a lot of overwatch ever since BBCF pissed me off. Up to platinum rank on PC, but getting higher than that without having more than 1 good friend has been a challenge

Line_HTX

I used to play a good amount of Overwatch, but now I've stopped playing entirely. Glad I didn't go the Hearthstone route and just waste extra money on aesthetics.

ShinMaruku

tumblr_odj3cshncV1t5k8i7o1_540.gif

The Queen. It is only fitting that she gets 2 games in the age of booty

Line_HTX

It's like no one understands the concept of what a sunk cost is.

Amazing what happens when fighting game players get exposed to a game with online functionality that actually works.

Yeah, glad I bailed out early before owning myself. Did not want to deal with that ever again, haha

Overwatch as Reinhardt
Got tired of telling these niggas to follow the damn payload
Jesus!

Payload's a shit mode anyway. People don't do the objective correctly.

Any FGC'ers play overwatch? I have fallen into that rabbit hole.
I play way more Overwatch than any FG nowadays. Probably put more hours into it since release than I did all of SF4, lol.
Overwatch is the best fg that's ever come out,

Someone once described Overwatch as "Street Fighter with guns" and I realized that OW has everything I want in fighting games (a big roster of cool characters with unique abilities and management of personal resources and the dynamic interplay of how those diverse gameplay abilities interact with one another among matchups), but with the fundamental benefits of no execution requirements and being team based.

I'm done with FGs (outside of Story Mode in titles by NRS), unless someone manages to fuse the objective based payload/control points team based framework of Overwatch with melee range combat with combos and special moves with inputs.

Or maybe the Riot fighter.

Overwatch as Reinhardt
Got tired of telling these niggas to follow the damn payload
Jesus!

Team games yo.

You play your role, until your dead inside and your soul leaves your body.

Then you just give up all the pretense and start fucking with your team because at least that's somewhat entertaining.

Tried Overwatch. Wasn't feeling it. Not my thing. It doesn't scratch that itch that 1v1 fighting games give me.

I guess deep down, I just like 1v1 stuff. Gundam VS is cool maybe. Still need a console NA release so I can put heavy time into it.

Lemstar

Someone once described Overwatch as "Street Fighter with guns" and I realized that OW has everything I want in fighting games (a big roster of cool characters with unique abilities and management of personal resources and the dynamic interplay of how those diverse gameplay abilities interact with one another among matchups), but with the fundamental benefits of no execution requirements and being team based.
have you never played dota or something

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dota is pretty fighting gamey. It has footsies, meter management, zoning and grapler equivalents, supers, stun and even whiff punishing. And the character loyalty and identification, of course.

I can't compare Overwatch to fighting games, mainly because whether I win or lose is solely based on my own performance where as with Overwatch you have no control over what your teammates do.

Tried Overwatch. Wasn't feeling it. Not my thing. It doesn't scratch that itch that 1v1 fighting games give me.

I guess deep down, I just like 1v1 stuff. Gundam VS is cool maybe. Still need a console NA release so I can put heavy time into it.
What is the deal with those Gundam VS series? I think the only gundam game we get are those musou dynasty warrior variants

What is the deal with those Gundam VS series? I think the only gundam game we get are those musou dynasty warrior variants

I think they have only come out on Vita in NA. I''ve played them in Japan in the arcade. 2v2 seems it might be fun for the long haul. But I didn't put alot of time into it of course.

I personally don't like playing team games for the most part. I want all failure and success to be just on me. I don't want to bring my team down or others bringing me down. I don't get that high from a coordinated team play. I even played team sports in HS, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom