• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This wasn't said in the video, but I remember Bonchan and Daigo talking about when they first met at the mahjong parlor. Bonchan was getting into Guilty Gear and he respected a lot of the top players at the arcade. He only had a vague idea of who Daigo was or how respected he was in the fighting game world as he only saw his name in the Arcadia magazines. So he knew he was a top player, but seeing as Daigo lost in the 2nd round at SBO for Guilty Gear, when asked "I heard there's a world champion at your workplace" by people he would think to himself "World champion my ass." So one day they went into the arcade where Bonchan thought a lot of the players were amazing and Daigo was enthusiastically asking Bonchan "there are top players here!?" He then told Bonchan "they're not that strong." Bonchan at the time thought "what is this guy talking about." As they went in all of the top guilty gear players there went up to Daigo asking Daigo if they could team up for a tournament among other things.

Bonchan thought to himself "wtf is going on."

Also it was only implied, but Nyanshi, the Topanga boss worked with them too. Pretty crazy how two nobodies at the time in Bonchan and Nyanshi have risen since they worked with Daigo at the mahjong parlor.

There's a Tokido and MOV story too, but I don't remember it too well. I'll have to find the archive. All I remember is that Tokido was known as the jeans guy with his denim jacket and jeans.

BNB variant for Doom anchor:

Y6B0on.gif

JeTmAn81

Undefeated is Asgard for a Marvel fan...Justin Wong, Chris G, I think KBR must be there, various and sundry killers including East Coasters like Flux and Ray Ray. Yipes in the Mike, Marvel all day on stream, and a Curleh!

There are actually only a handful of characters that Dormammu can use Stalking Flare against without getting punished. I see it go off for free too often.

Dahbomb

Undefeated is Asgard for a Marvel fan...Justin Wong, Chris G, I think KBR must be there, various and sundry killers including East Coasters like Flux and Ray Ray. Yipes in the Mike, Marvel all day on stream, and a Curleh!
Yeah it's super stacked. Top 16 is going to be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom