• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Why do Smash community always act like special snowflakes? Maybe instead of being butthurt at the tournament organizer they should complaint to nintendo? who probably gives 0 fs about the FGC. Capcom is probably a shell of it's former self and they don't make good products for fighting games anymore but atleast they try to support the FGC even though capcom is super poverty compared to nintendo. Capcom is the reason SFV is still around in tournament level lol. Atleast they try to support their product and grow FGC unlike Nintendo... Heck even NRS who probably toe to toe with Nintendo when it comes to financial success of their FG and they still support the FGC a lot.

miserable

anybody knows where I could buy some replacement parts for the Madcatz SFIV Fightpad? I'm looking for the rubber under the d-pad.

Tripon

There are six people who live off of fighting game commentary? That's more than I expected.

Off the top of my head.

D1 (Smash commentator), Zhi (Works for Twitch, but primary responsibilities seems to be also commentator at major events, translating, etc. but let's count him), Yipes, Aris, Hamako (works for JP Twitch, I think) Sajam, Tasty Steve, and I guess James Chen every since he was laid off from his last job?

I got to 7 by being generous and counting people working for Twitch but seem to be commentating heavily.

Sayad

Off the top of my head.

D1 (Smash commentator), Zhi (Works for Twitch, but primary responsibilities seems to be also commentator at major events, translating, etc. but let's count him), Yipes, Aris, Hamako (works for JP Twitch, I think) Sajam, Tasty Steve, and I guess James Chen every since he was laid off from his last job?

I got to 7 by being generous and counting people working for Twitch but seem to be commentating heavily.
Aris doesn't live off of commentary, he even refuse commentary jobs to some events he's going to on his own(last one was combo breaker). Can't watch his channel for five minutes without someone donating, that's where he get his paycheck from.

BadWolf

Off the top of my head.

Does Aris?

Iirc on a recent stream he said that he hadn't done commentary in quite a while and was very nervous doing it again at Combo Breaker. Also said that he rejected CB's offer to do it for money because he didn't want to push sponsor goods every couple of minutes.

Tripon

Aris doesn't live off of commentary, he even refuse commentary jobs to some events he's going to on his own(last one was combo breaker). Can't watch his channel for five minutes without someone donating, that's where he get his paycheck from.

Does Aris?

Iirc on a recent stream he said that he hadn't done commentary in quite a while and was very nervous doing it again at Combo Breaker. Also said that he rejected CB's offer to do it for money because he didn't want to push sponsor goods every couple of minutes.

Okay, down to 6.

Beckx

early 2017 is out for delivery

GG is my pick of the 3 so far.

Barring some massive surprise (or this gen running very long) GG is the fighting game of this generation. Gorgeous (yet uses UE3 and runs on low end systems!), story mode ditches the idea of having 10 fights break into a 4 hour movie and just gives the movie, arcade mode to provide back story for the characters, best lobbies I've seen by a country mile, etc etc.

MechaX

That Tekken review thread has made me realize one thing; when Gundam Versus hits, if people start saying that it lacks good SP content because it doesn't have Survival or Time Attack, I may legitimately flip my desk.

Danielsan

Fully into Tekken 7 right now, but I'm able to pick up a complete copy of Rival Schools for the PS1 (PAL) for € 50. What do you guys think? Worth it? Does it hold up? I have fond memories of playing the demo way back.

Beckx

That Tekken review thread has made me realize one thing; when Gundam Versus hits, if people start saying that it lacks good SP content because it doesn't have Survival or Time Attack, I may legitimately flip my desk.

implying that more than just GundamGAF will be posting about GV

Fully into Tekken 7 right now, but I'm able to pick up a complete copy of Rival Schools for the PS1 (PAL) for € 50. What do you guys think? Worth it? Does it hold up? I have fond memories of playing the demo way back.

if you haven't played 3D PS1 fighters in a while, it may be very jarring for you. but yeah if you're already past that barrier it's great. I don't know about that price though.

SmokeMaxX

I don't really have a problem with the idea of people forming a union. Obviously it's in their best interests. Now as to what the union's ideals are- that's something for them to decide and obviously they'll dial it back if people aren't willing to play ball. It just seems like a matter of who do you want to put in the position of power.

Line_HTX

Fucking shit, it's ALWAYS SOMETHING with the Smashers. One thing after another after another.

eSports right now in its current state doesn't have enough money circulating for that type of shit to be guaranteed.

Tripon

I don't really have a problem with the idea of people forming a union. Obviously it's in their best interests. Now as to what the union's ideals are- that's something for them to decide and obviously they'll dial it back if people aren't willing to play ball. It just seems like a matter of who do you want to put in the position of power.
From the sound of it, they want something more of a trade guild than a union.

All TOs going to do now is hire more scab workers.

Quebaz

Good news, it will have Survival, and a an arcade/mission mode hybrid.

Sayad

Fucking shit, it's ALWAYS SOMETHING with the Smashers. One thing after another after another.

eSports right now in its current state doesn't have enough money circulating for that type of shit to be guaranteed.
Especially if the game's competitive scene isn't being backed up by the mother company. If Nintendo start pouring money into Smash 4 or Arms, maybe. But no way this is happening for Melee.

People are saying T7 lacks SP content?

No Team Battle, Survival or Time Attack.

I could understand folks complaining about no Team Battle, and maybe Survival--but Time Attack? Who the hell legitimately wants Time Attack? They should be playing KOF XII, 'cause that's all that game is.

Sayad

No team battle is a bummer, random 8v8 team battle is pretty fun for offline parties. Couldn't care less about Survival and Time Attack, especially after suffering through SFV's survival.

Yeah... Time Attack in Tekken is kind of pointless, lol
It's basically the Death Fest/Burning Fist AI exploit mode. :D

pizzacat

Banned
No Team Battle, Survival or Time Attack.

I could understand folks complaining about no Team Battle, and maybe Survival--but Time Attack? Who the hell legitimately wants Time Attack? They should be playing KOF XII, 'cause that's all that game is.
What they should be playing is like some phone game that is just infinite game all the time

notworksafe

good on you, smash kids. make a union and boycott events that don't comply. if we're lucky then they will eventually boycott every event and go back to running stuff just for themselves.

Momentary

Banned
Reposting from Guilty Gear Thread:

Here's a little Super move / Instant Kill compilation video I put together. I know I'm late to the party, but I've got the game running at 5K then I recorded at 4K at a tremendous bitrate. If you got a 4K T.V., then enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQJOwHMX85

The Bitrate quality is probably good enough to be able to grab screenshots from for a background pic if you want.

34211306564_5e42d90566_o.jpg

notworksafe

exactly. i feel the likely situation is new people would get tapped and anyone being passed over would drop out of the union in the blink of an eye so they didn't lose their spot on a mic.

Top Bottom